Memory 09

After The 13th Hour (Hiatus)

Guys, please do not rely on the bookmark function to keep track on chapters since i often delete teaser chapters. Also, sorry for the rushed chapter and the long wait :(

 

~~~

 

“You are late.” Dara said, frowning.

 

“I thought you didn’t come! I was worried…” she continued, pouting slightly as she lightly hit Jiyong on the head.

 

“I’m sorry!” Jiyong exclaimed. Scratching the back of his head, he gave her a flirty smile. “I know you love me, so forgive me, k?”

 

But Dara continued frowning, and sensing her unhappiness, he decides to crack a joke to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

“Dara, do you know why is the ocean blue?”

 

"I don’t want to know.” Dara huffed, crossing her arms and turning her head away.

 

“Because all the little fishes go blu, blu, blu.Jiyong answered, laughing madly. “Funny, right?”

 

Unable to resist, Dara crack a smile at his dorkiness. “That is so lame!”

 

Jiyong pretends to look offended. He stomped his feet childishly, as he looked at Dara with mock anger. He was about to come up with a witty response, when Dara’s phone started ringing.

 

Opening her phone, Dara picked up the call. She put a finger onto her lip, signalling Jiyong to keep quiet. “Hello? Yes Dara here. Oh, okay. Thank you!”

 

~

 

“Sorry, you had to come along.” Dara said sheepishly, as Jiyong trailed behind her like a loyal puppy.

 

“It’s alright,” he said, giving her a reassuring smile. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s with you.

 

She and Jiyong strolled to the town’s library, chatting and laughing on the way. As they entered the library, they lowered their volume, and walked towards the counter.

 

“Hi!” Dara said cheerily, “Can I pick up a reservation? It’s reserved by Park Bom.”

 

“Pride and Prejudice?” The librarian asks after she types in the reservation number.

 

Dara nodded.

 

“Wow,” Jiyong said in awe, “Your sister actually reads this? I tried reading it a long time ago… and gave up after the first few pages.”

 

Chuckling, Dara said in a slightly mocking tone,”Yeah she does. Of course you did.”

 

“Hey!” Jiyong exclaimed, while Dara burst out laughing.

 

“I bet the book is too deep for you too.” Jiyong muttered, displease.

 

“As a matter of fact, I read the book recently, and finished it.” Dara replied, grinning, as she sticks out her tongue at Jiyong.

 

“Really?” Jiyong teases, looking at her with an exaggerated shock expression. ” Then what is it about?”

 

“It’s about….” Dara falters for a moment, her hand unconsciously moved towards her bag, where her pink diary is kept in. She was just itching to open that pink diary of hers.

 

“I knew it!” Jiyong grins like he has just won in a competition. “Ha!”

 

“I know what the book is about! I know it!” Dara loudly denies, her voice slightly breaking . She felt so frustrated, for she had only just read it recently, so why couldn’t she remember it? She mentally curses her illness that refused to let go of its clutches on her, and suddenly, she was in a very bad mood.

 

Startled by her sudden change of mood, he flinched a little. People had started throwing glares in their direction “Shhh! We’re in a library! It’a okay Dara, I believe you. Are you okay?”

 

He pats her back awkwardly as Dara sniffles slightly. Jiyong briefly wonders what he had said to make her into this agitated mess. For a moment, he wanted to ask her, but decided against it.

 

“Here’s your book!” The Librarian suddenly comes back, holding a thick book. ”My! What has happened, young lady?”

 

Sighing, Dara just smiled at her. ”I’m alright. I just got reminded of something really bad, but thank you for your concern” she replied politely.

 

She takes the book from the librarian’s hands dejectedly and turns to walk out of the library. Her smile immediately disappeared, and each step was heavy, mirroring her heavy heart.

 

~~~

 

Wanting to cheer her up, Jiyong pull her into a nearby café.

 

“Smoothie or Hot chocolate?” Jiyong asks, but Dara continues to glare angrily at a patch of wall.

 

“I’ll get you some hot chocolate then,” Jiyong sighs, getting up.

 

A while later, he came back holding two cups of hot chocolate. He carefully set them on the table, and proceeds to sit down.

 

“Here’s your hot chocolate,” Jiyong says and waves a hand in front of Dara’s face, trying to get her attention.

 

No response.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want hot chocolate?” Jiyong asked, as he purposely took a sip of the hot chocolate. “Mmmm, delicious!”

 

Dara stiffened slightly, as she smelled the sweet aroma of the hot chocolate. The weather was chilly, and Dara was rather cold right now. How she longed to drink the hot chocolate to warm herself up.

 

Must. Resist! Dara thinks to herself. She had struck up a cold war with Jiyong, and she was too stubborn to end it.

 

Dara wrinkles her nose to show Jiyong that she doesn’t care but saliva is pooling inside .

 

“Come on! Dara I have already finished my drink! Oh Well, since you don’t want yours, I guess I’ll drink your share! It smells so delicious! ” Jiyong teases again looking at her for any reaction.

 

Dara squeezes her eyes shut, trying to shut out his voice. My delicious hot chocolate TT^TT

 

A cocky smiled appeared on Jiyong’s face, as he pushes the cup to her side of the table.

 

All restrain has been thrown away by Dara. She grabs the cup roughly and some of the hot chocolate spill on her fingers.

 

Dara squealed, shocked by the sudden pain. Sighing, Jiyong grabs a serviette and wipes the hot chocolate off her fingers. “Aigoo, you idiot! Go and put your hand under running water, I’m going to get some cream for you”

 

Dara nodded, and Jiyong quickly returns with the cream and he helps her slowly smear the cream on her fingers while he nags at her. “Stupid girl, don’t ever hurt yourself again. You are too precious to be hurt.”

 

Dara nods sheepishly as warmth seeps into her heart. A small smile appeared on her face, her anger vanishing without a trace.