Chapter 18: Moments With You

My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, Mina stirred gently in Nicky's arms. She smiled as she felt the warmth of Nicky's body next to hers. Carefully extricating herself from Nicky, Mina silently slipped out of bed, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her.

Looking back at Nicky, she tiptoed out of the bedroom and headed to the kitchen. As she moved around the space, Mina hummed a tune to herself, feeling a sense of joy bubbling up within her. She opened the refrigerator, scanning its contents for ingredients to whip up a delicious breakfast.

With ease, Mina began cracking eggs into a bowl, whisking them together with a splash of milk. She carefully chopped up some fresh vegetables, sizzling them in a pan until they were golden and fragrant. The aroma of cooking filled the air, mingling with the soft morning light streaming through the windows.

Lost in the simple pleasure of preparing a meal for the person she loved, Mina felt a sense of gratitude welling up inside her because, at this moment, she was making breakfast for the both of them instead of Nicky. And as she flipped the eggs onto a plate, garnishing them with a sprinkle of herbs, Mina couldn't help but smile at the thought of Nicky waking up to the smell of breakfast.

With the meal prepared, Mina set the table with care, laying out plates and utensils with a touch of elegance. She poured freshly squeezed orange juice into glasses, adding a final flourish to the breakfast spread. She glanced back towards the bedroom and saw Nicky stirring, slowly awakening from her sleep.

With a soft smile, Mina carried the breakfast to the table, her heart full of love and gratitude. As Nicky entered the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, their gaze met, and Mina's smile widened. "Good morning," she said softly, gesturing to the table. "I made breakfast for us." Just as Mina finished her sentence, she felt strong arms wrap around her waist from behind. Startled, she glanced over her shoulder to find Nicky, still half asleep, locking her in a warm hug.

"Good morning, my love," Nicky murmured, her voice husky with sleep. "You didn't have to do this." 

Mina leaned back into Nicky's embrace. "I wanted to," she replied, her voice filled with affection. "You're always cooking for me, and I wanted to cook for us this time, even though it's just a simple breakfast."
Nicky pressed a gentle kiss to Mina's neck, sending shivers down her spine. "You're too good to me," she whispered, her breath tickling Mina's skin.

Together, they sat down at the table, ready to start the day with love, laughter, and the simple joy of being together.

---------------------
Nicky and Mina sat cuddled up on Mina's couch. Mina rested her head on Nicky's shoulder, tracing lazy circles on her lover's hand with her fingertips. Nicky's fingers gently played with Mina's hair, twirling strands between her thumb and forefinger.

"I could stay like this forever," Nicky murmured, her voice filled with contentment. Mina nestled closer, pressing a soft kiss to Nicky's cheek. "Me too," she whispered, her breath warm against Nicky's skin. "Just being here with you, it's everything I need."

Mina lifted her head slightly from Nicky's shoulder, looking into her eyes with a soft smile. "What's your plan for today?" she asked gently, her fingers still tracing patterns on Nicky's hand.

Nicky returned the smile, her gaze reflecting warmth and affection. "My plan?" she repeated, a playful glint dancing in her eyes. "My plan is you, my love."

Mina's heart fluttered at Nicky's words, feeling a rush of love swelling within her. She reached up to cup Nicky's cheek. "You always know just what to say," she murmured, leaning in to press a lingering kiss to Nicky's lips.

As they pulled away, their foreheads touching, Mina felt a sense of completeness wash over her. With Nicky by her side, everything felt right in the world. "I love you," Nicky whispered, her voice soft but unwavering.
"I love you too," Mina replied, her words echoing the depth of her emotions.


----------------

Mina blinked in surprise as Nicky gently pulled her towards the shop entrance, her heart skipping a beat at the sudden change in atmosphere. There was a mischievous twinkle in Nicky's eyes as she took Mina's hand.

"Where are we going?" Mina asked, her curiosity piqued. Nicky grinned, her excitement contagious. "It's a surprise," she teased, her hand tightening around Mina's. They walked hand in hand, Mina's anticipation growing with each step. Soon, they arrived at a quaint arcade shop, its colourful sign catching Mina's eye. She turned to Nicky, her expression a mixture of surprise and delight.

"Why are we here?" Mina asked, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.
Nicky beamed at her, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I know how much you love playing games," she explained, her voice filled with warmth. "I wanted to spend the day doing the things you love."

Mina's heart swelled with love at Nicky's thoughtful gesture, feeling overwhelmed. She pulled Nicky i

Please log in to read the full chapter