Chapter 4: The alternate timeline

Broken Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul awoke in the evening, he slept late last night, writing music for Jungsoo's tribute. He glanced around, his eyes widening in confusion when he realized that something was profoundly wrong. The room looked exactly as it did on the day of his argument with Jungsoo.

Frantically, Heechul grabbed his phone and checked the date. It couldn’t be right. It showed the same date, the very day of the argument with Jungsoo, as if time had somehow rewound. He open his laptop to check on the music he work on last night but he found none.

As his mind raced with disbelief, Heechul heard Jungsoo’s voice calling him from the other room, just as he remembered it. His heart skipped a beat, and he rushed to the source of the sound.

There, standing before him, was Jungsoo, looking just as he had on that fateful day. Heechul’s jaw dropped in shock. “Jungsoo… is that really you?”

Jungsoo’s expression mirrored his confusion. “Of course, it’s me. Why wouldn’t it be?”

Heechul’s mind whirled as he tried to process what was happening. It was as if he had been given a second chance to make things right. Without hesitation, he stepped closer to Jungsoo, engulfing him in a tight hug.

Tears welled up in Heechul’s eyes as he whispered, “I’m so sorry, Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter