6.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks later and it was the day that Taekwoon was going to the palace to meet up with everyone there, but with the King and the Queen in particular. Sure he was going to be told about the etiquette, but he wasn't worried about it for now.

He was accompanied by Daehyun and Junghwa, but even some other warlocks had decided to join them right until the gates. Taekwoon still couldn't believe what had all happened so far and he also hadn't gotten used to his status as a High Warlock. Daehyun had passed it onto him for certain reasons, but Taekwoon still felt like Daehyun could've waited until Taekwoon turned 25 or something. Daehyun ofcourse couldn't let it wait and did so 2 years ago.

People in the streets went out of the way for them and they all had facial expressions that showed disgust, yet some were curious too. Taekwoon was dressed differently than the other warlocks accompanying him, which made people curious about his status. Was he higher ranked? The Crown Prince was the leader of all the vampires in Joseon and he also was dressed in different attire than the regular vampires, so the humans assumed that he was also a higher ranked warlock.

As the warlocks progressed through the streets, they were met with the guards of the Royal Army. Ji Heon stood in the front and he had a smile on his face. He now realized how far Taekwoon had come in his life so far and he was only 20 years old.

Ji Heon bowed when Taekwoon stood in front of him, a gesture Taekwoon returned by bowing aswell. By that, both the guards and warlocks followed to bow for each other.

"May I you further?" Ji Heon asked.

Taekwoon smiled and nodded. He made his way to Ji Heon and followed him. The warlocks blended in with the guards and continued their road to the palace. It looked like such a big event, when Taekwoon was just meeting with the King and the Queen. Maybe it was a big thing to them to welcome Taekwoon like this.

There was no time for a conversation, so they all marched on and all the attention was on Taekwoon. Seeing how Taekwoon was welcomed by Ji Heon made people question again what kind of warlock Taekwoon really was. Had he been a normal warlock, his clothes would've been more dull just like the other warlocks. 

"Is he the highest warlock then?"

"He can't be a normal warlock, can he? Had he also been going to the palace if he was a normal one?"

"What is he even going to do?"

Loads of various questions went back and forth through the streets. And the disgust turned into curiosity real quick, because everyone wanted to know who this warlock was. Who was he? What was he doing here? And what kind of warlock was he? Everyone wanted to know who he was, but everyone had found out by now that this warlock was confirmed to be the twin of the Crown Prince. 

And when people realized he was this twin the prince referred to, they all agreed on the fact that the two young men actually looked quite different despite them looking identical. The women in attendance all liked Taekwoon the most if they had to pick a favorite just based on their appearance. As for the men, they think Taekwoon appeared to be very smart but they weren't sure if he would be smarter than Leo. 

The gate came closer and closer. For Taekwoon it was hitting hard now that the moment had arrived, where he would meet the King and the Queen. Hopefully the prince would stay away from him and if that wasn't the case, Taekwoon was well trained enough to shake the prince off. 

In the weeks leading up to this, Taekwoon had been training like crazy and he learned how to defend himself in case that the prince was going to attack him. Especially the possible attacks from the prince were rehearsed quite often, where Junghwa pretended to be the prince who had escaped from wherever he was locked up and that's how they practiced.

Taekwoon saw how many guards were at the gate, aside from the guards who were accompanying them now. Taekwoon was amazed by how well organized this was, so it seemed that the royals took this very serious and that they wanted him to be welcomed.

"Wow, how serious do they take this?" Taekwoon mumbled.

"Well the King and the Queen do take it very serious, so yes. They are quite different in comparison to the Crown Prince when it comes to you, because they actually are very open about this and they are delighted to meet you." Ji Heon responded.

Taekwoon was surprised that Ji Heon actually heard his mumbling, but he did appreciate it to hear that the King and the Queen actually were excited to meet him. By the prince's action, he seriously thought that they weren't open for this meeting and that they were the exact same way as the people. It didn't make Taekwoon hate himself or so, because he couldn't help it how his life turned out. 

Then they finally arrived at the gates, where the guards were more than ready to open. Ji Heon turned to his right and looked at Taekwoon.

"The two warlocks who originally came with you are allowed to come inside, but they have to wait in the room next to the room where you'll have a talk with His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen." Ji Heon explained to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon nodded and looked over his shoulder to Daehyun and Junghwa. He nodded to the two of them, allowing the two to follow them inside. The other warlocks remained outside, like they told Taekwoon at the time they came to join the march to the palace.

Ji Heon, Taekwoon, Daehyun and Junghwa went inside as a handful of guards followed suit. The gates were closed behind them and they were welcomed at the big square by loads of festivities including instruments, dancers and ofcourse the royal couple.

The Queen was supposed to put on a fake smile, but her smile became more and more genuine as Taekwoon came closer and closer. But she was also surprised how identical Taekwoon looked to the boy she adopted. Taekwoon didn't look like a twin brother of her son to her, he looked like the nicer son she actually wanted to have. Aside from Leo, the Queen also had other children and all were boys. But all of them were as devilish as Leo was, except they were human ofcourse.

But the Queen felt relieved to find out that Leo's twin also found a good home. She was surprised that Leo had a twin brother, but when she heard he ended up with the warlock she was glad that he got a chance to live. Even if he had lived as a vampire.

"Welcome to the palace. We feel delighted to welcome you here and we feel delighted to get to know you better aswell. We actually never have known your name, as we only knew your birthname. May we know what your name is?" the King started, putting on a made up smile as required.

Taekwoon bowed and everyone around him, including the King and the Queen, followed suit. He was going to switch on automatic pilot for all the etiquette stuff, he thought. Because he already disliked it that he had to stick to the rules.

"I feel delighted to be here, Your Majesty. Thank you for the invitation and thank you for this chance. My birth name indeed was In Su, but I'm n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter