1.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joseon, 1915

Joseon was quite diverse, although many people didn't know much about the diversity. Yet people knew about two species living among them, one being the vampires and the other one being the warlocks. Funny enough warlocks were feared and hated by the people yet the vampires were adored by the people, despite vampires killing people for the sake of their blood.

One vampire living among the people was a young woman named Kwon Jiwoo. Jiwoo was in her mid 20s and just gave birth to twin boys. Not only was it hard to raise two boys by herself as a single mum, it was a curse to even give birth to twins. Twins were seen as misfortune and one of the two was always killed. For same twins, the secondborn was killed and girls were killed when it came down to boy-girl twins.

Jiwoo struggled to make ends meet and it was hard to raise two boys at the same time. The thought of giving both boys up for adoption was a painful one, but Jiwoo felt like she had no choice. She couldn't raise just one, because raising one was hard enough.

Vampires were loved by the people funny enough, simply because vampires stayed low for the most part and promised the humans to not harm anyone. But still, vampires weren't easily accepted when they applied for a job. The danger of vampires killing employees due to their constant hunger was just too high.

Jiwoo walked through the streets with the firstborn, leaving the other one at home as she would return to him soon. People looked at her, both in disgust and confusion. Jiwoo had tears in her eyes, because she had to give her sons a better life but it was hard to let them go.

As she walked through the streets, a Royal procession passed by and came to a halt when the Queen spotted Jiwoo and her child. The Queen had started a home where children could be brought to who were given up for adoption. Human babies, vampire babies... any baby was brought there.

"My dear, may I ask what you're planning to do with such innocent child?" the Queen asked.

Jiwoo cried her eyes out when the Queen spoke to her and fell on her knees. She was barely able to speak, but she found the courage to do so. Since the Royal family were on their way to something.

"I-I am giving up my son for adoption. He's a newborn vampire, but I can't raise him." Jiwoo cried, trying to speak clearly.

The Queen ordered the guards to let her out of her chair, to which the guards obeyed. They helped the Queen to get out of her Royal chair and helped her to get up aswell.

"I'd like to ask you to hand your son to me. I will raise him by myself and it'll be a great way for me aswell to learn more about your race." the Queen smiled, looking at Jiwoo.

Jiwoo had no idea what just happened. The Queen wanted to adopt one of her twin boys? She obviously couldn't tell them she had another boy at home, because a curse was bad and had to be avoided at all costs. But at least her firstborn got a new home.

"His name is Ji Ho, Your Majesty." Jiwoo said.

Jiwoo handed over her child to the Queen and a sense of relief came over her. She knew her firstborn would be in a better place now, so she hoped that Ji Ho wouldn't hate her for doing so.

The Queen smiled one more time and took her seat on her chair once again. The procession quickly took off and Jiwoo still couldn't believe what just happened. The Queen wants to raise her firstborn as one of her own? She appreciated what the Queen did and she also appreciated the given reason. The Queen wanted to know more about the vampires and wanted to do proper research to them. Maybe her son would become a very handsome prince.

Jiwoo ran home and felt relieved that ome of her sons was safe, but now she had to give the other one a home. However, she was met with silence when she returned home. It had appeared that someone had entered her house and had taken her son with them.

Jiwoo cried as she looked through the whole house, as this was her worst nightmare. Ofcourse she hoped that it was by someone who wanted to give her son a better life, but she still was fearing for the worst.

Just when she was about to give up, Jiwoo found a note. It was a note with her name on it and it scared her, because no one knew what her name was. She unfolded the letter and her eyes widened when she read the letter.

To Jiwoo,

Your son has been saved by us. Quite sad how you left him at home to save the other child of yours. He's safe with us now and he'll be the most powerful warlock Joseon has ever known. Yes, we will turn him into a warlock and maybe one day he can defeat your other child.

Was signed,
The High Warlock of Joseon

Jiwoo dropped the letter. Warlocks kidnapped her other son? And who are they to tell her that she didn't take proper care of her son? She left him at home just to come back and bring him to another home aswell, but it seems someone had already decided for her.

Jiwoo looked at the letter on the floor and the words repeated in her head. Warlocks? DNA manipulation? Defeating his own brother? Why were warlocks so cruel? No wonder people hated them, warlocks were cruel creatures who were too powerful for both vampires and humans to defeat. And vampires couldn't kill them aswell, since warlocks had lethal blood running through their vein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter