3.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and Taekwoon was kept inside the office at the back of the store out of safety. To Daehyun, it was better if the High Warlock laid low since he never had to be super visible.

Fellow warlocks who stopped by the store kept asking for Taekwoon, but understood why Taekwoon wasn't as visible as he used to. Besides, he could work on his position so that he could become the High Warlock his specie really needed. And Taekwoon started to agree with Daehyun about him being kept in the back.

The news of the most popular warlock being kept in safety spread like wildfire across the town and even reached the ears of Leo. Leo grew even more mad and literally three one tantrum after another. Both the King and the Queen were outraged on their son, because he would be no match for this warlock. The King had given the situation a place and had moved on, just like the Queen. But Leo wouldn't stop until he had this warlock in his hands.

On the streets, people were happy that Taekwoon was removed from the streets. Sure he did his job, but he was only the beginning of what the people wanted to happen to the warlocks. Everyone wanted these warlocks to go or even to be killed, because warlocks had to go.

However Ji Heon didn't back down and kept coming back to the store. He wanted to see this kid and he wanted to talk to him, because he wanted to know more about this kid whom he never saw again after the birth. Leo was the oldest out of the two and he was the one whom he saw every day, since Ji Heon also served Leo. But Taekwoon was the exact opposite of Leo and appeared to be more softer aswell as being more down to Earth.

So one day, Ji Heon approached the store from the back and saw Taekwoon inside the office at the backside. Ji Heon couldn't go from the front, because warlocks would send him away. Ji Heon knocked and Taekwoon was initially startled, as he got up to back off.

"No no, I just wanted to talk to you. Just you. I'm sure you know about me by now, but please allow me to talk to you." Ji Heon quickly defended himself.

Taekwoon remained silent for a few seconds, but then gave in and allowed Ji Heon to come inside. Taekwoon carefully came closer and greeted him by bowing. Ji Heon did the same and took a seat across from Taekwoon.

"I'm apologizing for scaring you like this. But I had to speak to you and not because of those threats. Let me explain this okay?

So I knew your mother and I was there when she gave birth. I left quickly after that, but I happened to be nearby when she was in the process of giving birth. And I never saw anything of the two of you, until one of the two ended up in our care and became the Crown Prince. Your mother was about to bring you two to very different places, so that no one would find out about giving birth to twins. We were on our way to an event, when the Queen stopped the Royal Procession after she spotted your mother. After a brief conversation, the Queen took the boy and raised him as her own.

Your mother left you at home to take you elsewhere, since she didn't want to be seen with two boys. But you were gone when she came back, she was killed shortly after she found the note of the warlocks. I was there when she was killed, but I didn't kill her.

As for you. Yes, the Crown Prince is your older brother and you too were born as a vampire, since your mother was a vampire. But I don't know why you didn't fully become a vampire, because I never saw you again until 10 years ago." Ji Heon poured out, unable to stop himself.

Taekwoon's jaw dropped by the minute. So the rumors were true? The prince was his twin brother? Taekwoon was shocked and his mind drove him insane due to all this information.

But when it sank in after an hour, some puzzle pieces came together. Especially why his skin was paler than any warlock, why his teeth were weird, why his heart wasn't beating and why he could hear conversations from further away.

"You can read minds and conversations from further away, because you're still a vampire on the inside. Vampires also don't have a beating heart and always have a pale skin. But because you possess demon blood, you actually aren't hungry all the time. You have become a warlock and some features remained, but were never fully developped." Ji Heon went on.

Taekwoon still couldn't wrap his head around it. He was born as a vampire and had a twin brother, who became the Crown Prince of Joseon? The same Crown Prince who wanted to kill Taekwoon?

At that moment, Daehyun bursted into the room and wanted to attack Ji Heon. He had overheard the conversation and wanted to kick this fella back out.

"No no, I wanted to talk to him and I wanted to share information with him about his past. But I knew I would be kept away from him if I went past you from the front. I couldn't keep this secret in any longer." Ji Heon said.

Ji Heon got up from his seat, raising his hands in order to defend himself. Daehyun could tell from his eyes that Ji Heon spoke the truth and backed off. Ji Heon took a seat again and repeated what he just told Taekwoon. Daehyun's eyes widened aswell and for him it also made more sense when it came down to those rumors.

"Since he shared that you were born as a vampire and that your twin brother is the Crown Prince, let me add something I never told anyone. After we took you from your home, we brought you here and I used magic to manipulate your DNA. With that, your body came to a halt when it comes down to the vampire transformation. But the pale skin, the semi fangs et cetera never left. I was the one who named you Jung Taekwoon, because I always wanted to name my child Taekwoon. But since warlocks cannot conceive, adoption was the only way." Daehyun added.

Taekwoon got dizzy. He got so much information that confirmed everything and because it was so shocking, he went dizzy. Both Daehyun and Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter