2.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When both twins reached the age of 20, a lot more changed. Ji Heon started to feel the burden more and more to keep the secret to himself, but he had no one to turn to when it came to this topic. But sharing this secret with others would become a dangerous thing, because it would put both boys in danger.

Leo was fulfilling his duties as the Crown Prince just like the King wanted him to. Everyone at the palace wasn't amazed anymore by the fact that Leo was a vampire, since he also stayed low and wasn't drinking from humans. Even the people in Joseon were used to it.

Leo even joined the King and the guards whenever they went hunting. Leo had learned how to use both a sword and a bow, so he has become a skilled hunter. He also quite loved to hunt. But something he wasn't allowed to, was to drink beverages. Since he was a vampire, it would make him feel very sick. Leo had learned that he was different and that human food wasn't something his own stomach could hold.

But since Ji Heon kept this a twin thing a secret, it still occured that rumors started to spread. Everyone talked about the Crown Prince being a twin of someone they despised. It even came to Leo's ears and he hated this apparent twin immediately. No one had the audacity to look like him.

"But Your Majesty, what if this look-a-like is a warlock? We all hate them, but what if it turns out he or she isn't human?" one of the Ministers asked.

Leo was in a meeting with the Ministers on request of the King, when suddenly this rumor landed on the table. Leo sighed when he heard about this rumor, knowing it wouldn't die down as fast as the other rumors about him did in the past.

"If it turns out this so called 'twin' is a warlock, there's no way this warlock can be killed. They are immortal like me and their blood can kill me. But still, I don't want this to be true." Leo answered quite resentful.

All of the Ministers agreed, because who dared to look like their Crown Prince? A death sentence is what would be awaiting, but it was impossible if it turned out to be a warlock.

"From what I know is that those creatures are very strong and very powerful, but they are also unable to read. Vampires can run fast and can't be killed unless they get exposed to either holy water or a stake through the heart, but warlocks are unable to be killed.-"

"-Aren't they partially demonic? No wonder they're awful creatures."

Leo nodded when two Ministers started to talk. The King had told him a lot about this specie, but he also hated it that he couldn't kill them. The only one who had no hatred towards them, was the Queen. The Queen had done some business in the past with some warlocks and they were very nice, while assuring her they would do no harm to her. So the Queen was convinced that warlocks had a heart of gold, but that some just ruined it for everyone else.

"I wanna kill this so called 'twin', don't care who or what this twin is." Leo hissed, banging on the table with his fists.

Elsewhere in Joseon, it was business as usual for the only warlock shop. The young Taekwoon was promoted to High Warlock of Joseon, as Daehyun wanted to travel across Joseon and help out other warlocks in need. Ever since the age of 10, Taekwoon has proven himself a lot and the warlocks in town appreciated his help. Warlocks came from all over Joseon to meet the young High Warlock and they were stunned to see what Taekwoon was capable of.

The image of warlocks in Joseon still hadn't changed, but it didn't become worse either. Even the people in Joseon had heard the news about the new High Warlock and were shocked when they found out or saw that Taekwoon was only 20 years old. Taekwoon also wasn't a warlock people expected to see, as he was nowhere near the stereotypical image. He was quite down to Earth. And with that, the rumors reached Taekwoon aswell.

One morning, Taekwoon discussed the rumor with Junghwa because it bothered him. Everyone who came to the store was showing up with this rumor, but Taekwoon had to debunk that and he told everyone that he had no twin. It scared Taekwoon that people talked about him this way.

"They have no evidence to proof that it's true Taekwoon, no one can proof whether it's true or not." Junghwa ensured Taekwoon.

Taekwoon sighed and looked at Junghwa as if he was close to tears. He actually wasn't, he was done with these rumors. He wanted everyone to shut up about it.

"Oh and let's not forget about this guy who keeps coming back for you. He's been keeping an eye on you since you were a very young age. He once asked for your name, as he wanted to confirm those rumors for himself. He claimed to be a guard and he said thag he served a royal who looked like you." Junghwa added.

Taekwoon's jaw dropped. He was being watched by a royal guard? Why wasn't he leaving him alone? And what if he had a twin, why was his twin a prince or princess? It didn't sit right with Taekwoon.

"I absolutely hate that, but I just have to deal with it I guess. I can't make this guy go away and I also can't make everyone to shut up about this. Also, Daehyun didn't promote me for no reason." Taekwoon sighed, giving in.

"I agree. It's all you can do at this point, because you too have no evidence to debunk those rumors. I know you try, but people keep bringing it up. Even fellow warlocks wonder if it's true or not." Junghwa said.

Junghwa was right, Taekwoon thought. Taekwoon kept debunking it, but he had no evidence to use in his defense. So all he could do, was to just toss it aside and don't think about it.

The two warlocks went back inside the store and it was then that warlocks and people alike noticed Taekwoon's presence. Taekwoon had a strong and impressive presence, so no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter