9.

쌍둥이 (Twins)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon was back at the palace months after the first attempt to meet the King and the Queen, but this time he was there for another reason. This time, Taekwoon had to undergo business discussions with the King and all of the Ministers. Later on, he would pay a visit to the Queen who was more than happy to meet him again.

Daehyun had left him and Junghwa once again to continue his travelling through the country, so Taekwoon was on his own this time. Junghwa ofcourse was taking care of the store and Taekwoon felt guilty because of it, but this meeting was important and couldn't be cancelled. 

So here we stood in front of the gates, waiting to go inside. He had revealed himself to the guards, who told him to wait while they would inform the King about his arrival. Taekwoon was nervous, because he was on his own this time. All of the warlocks in Hanseong had joined him last time, since it was the very first time that a warlock would meet up with the King and the Queen.

As Taekwoon was waiting, he looked over his shoulder to see how lively the streets were. It always has been like this, he just never paid attention to it since he barely got this far into the city. Humans didn't like them, vampires despised them just as much... warlocks had a tough life in Joseon. Taekwoon remembered how he loved to run through the streets when he was younger. The days in which we grew up without any worries were long gone and Taekwoon truly missed them.

Then he turned back towards the gates, as he heard the sound of the sqeaky sound of the massive gates opening. An officer was revealed as the gates opened and he bowed at Taekwoon. Taekwoon followed suit and did the same.

"High Warlock, what a pleasure to meet you again. Follow me please, I will lead you to His Majesty." the officer said. 

Taekwoon nodded and followed the officer. The gates closed behind Taekwoon shortly after he entered and he heard this sqeaky sound again. It was very high pitched and it sounded like some maintenance would be needed very soon.

Taekwoon was greeted by the gungyeo once again, who followed him all the way to the King. The King was still in his chambers and waited until Taekwoon showed up, as he wanted to Taekwoon himself to the meeting. He also wanted to prepare Taekwoon for the meeting, he was scared that Taekwoon would feel overwhelmed.

Leo would also attend the meeting, since Leo was going to be the future King and he had to keep the relationships with his business partners in good health. Leo just started to built this relationship with his twin brother and Leo tried really hard to make sure that two even would have a great bond personally.

Leo still felt guilty for hating on his twin brother, but he got taken away by the curse of twins and by the hate on warlocks that was already there. But now that the two reconsiled, Leo could leave the horror scenario behind him. Sure he had killed Ji Heon in his rage, but it was never his real intention. When his eyes change and when his fangs grow, no one is safe around Leo.

Leo was already in the room where the meeting would take place, alongside the Ministers in attendance. Some were thrilled to see Taekwoon again, as they were stunned by how a warlock could look as beautiful as he did. Others who were against warlocks despised him and rather wanted to find a way to get him out for good. But none of their opinions mattered, since it was the King's opinion that mattered.

Leo tried so hard to feel some human emotions, because he actually didn't like what he heard. He hated the fact that the Ministers were talking trash about his twin brother, yet he blamed himself for it since he believed that his hate might've started it all of them aswell.

"Ho ho, why talk down on our guest like that? Warlocks cannot help it that they're born as such, just as much as I can help it to be born as a vampire. My twin brother is raised as a warlock, but was born as a vampire aswell." Leo blended into the conversation.

The Ministers, who talked about Taekwoon, looked up and were startled. None of them expected Leo to join their conversation and hadn't expected him to talk differently about the warlock he used to hate.

"I got into a fight with him the last time he was here, as I was blinded by hatred. But the way he brought me to a halt was very impressive, he didn't look like the warlock I thought he was. He is quite powerful, but don't expect him to use his powers all the time. My twin brother wants to save that as his final option." Leo went on.

The Ministers were amazed by the way Leo spoke about this warlock. Vampires weren't supposed to like warlocks. Yet again, they were amazed to hear about the Crown Prince's twin brother being born as a vampire aswell. How did he become a warlock, if he was born a vampire?

"Your Highness, how did your twin become a warlock when he was born the same like you? Vampires cannot turn into another creature, can they?" another Minister asked.

Leo looked around the room and scanned each and every face to read the expressions. Everyone was eager to know what the prince was going to say. Still, they were surprised that the prince suddenly defended this warlock.

"My twin brother was born as a vampire, like I was. However, the warlocks had taken him away from the place that served as our place of birth and they used magic to manipulate his DNA. By doing so, they brought his transfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter