Discharge and Dials

Scrubs and Turnouts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany's unexpected entrance into the room sent a jolt through the atmosphere, freezing the moment in time. Taeyeon felt a surge of embarrassment wash over her, and she couldn't believe she had just confessed her attraction to Tiffany, albeit indirectly.

 

What do I do now?

 

Seolhyun's eyes darted between Taeyeon and Tiffany, her smirk faltering as she realized the situation. "Oh, um, I should get going," she stammered, suddenly appearing flustered. She hastily stepped away from Taeyeon's bedside, gave the doctor a polite nod before making her exit.

 

The room fell into an awkward silence as Seolhyun left, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany to face each other. Tiffany's expression remained unreadable, a mixture of surprise and something else that Taeyeon couldn't quite decipher.

 

It would've been better if the doctor says something else, but she kept quiet, silently looking at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon cleared , her voice laced with embarrassment. "Dr. Hwang, I... uh, didn't expect to see you here."

 

Tiffany managed a small, bemused smile, her eyes never leaving Taeyeon's. "Clearly. I didn't expect to overhear such an interesting conversation either."

 

"Look, I---

 

"I'm here to discharge you. Sunny asked me to since she have an emergency surgery." Tiffany said, cutting off Taeyeon's attempt for an explanation. "She figured you wouldn't want to wait for hours for your discharge papers."

 

Taeyeon stayed rooted at her spot, not knowing what to do. She is definitely sure that the doctor just heard her saying she is her type, but... she's not even sure if she meant it or she only said it to shoo away Seolhyun.

 

The doctor do have an effect on her though, now that's something she could not deny.

 

"Yeah, but about what you heard-"

 

Tiffany raised a hand, cutting off Taeyeon's attempt to clarify. "No need to explain, Captain. I'm sure Nurse Seolhyun was just... being herself and you had to deal with her."

 

The tension in the room seemed to ease slightly as Tiffany's words washed over Taeyeon. Glad that the doctor didn't push the topic on her.

 

She had expected the doctor to be more uncomfortable or distant after overhearing her conversation with Seolhyun, but instead, Tiffany seemed unfazed.

 

"Yeah, you're right." Taeyeon managed a small smile, her embarrassment fading a little.

 

Tiffany chuckled, a warm sound that filled the room with a sense of ease. "It's not a problem, Captain. I've had my fair share of past coming to bug me. They usually stop eventually, but you can deal with them your way. Like what you did."

 

Now, the thought of exes bugging the doctor doesn't seem too amusing to Taeyeon. But she's not gonna say anything about that, of course.

 

She decided to just nod in agreement, "I guess so."

 

The doctor took another step closer to Taeyeon. "So, are you ready to get out of here?"

 

Taeyeon's eyes lit up at the prospect of leaving the hospital. "Absolutely. I can't stand another moment of boredom."

 

Tiffany chuckled. "Alright then, let's get you officially discharged."

 

As Tiffany began the process of finalizing Taeyeon's discharge, the tension in the room continued to dissipate. They engaged in casual conversation, discussing Taeyeon's recovery and the plans she had for her first day back at the fire station.

 

Throughout it all, their eyes met in subtle glances, each exchange carrying a sense of connection that neither of them could deny.

 

As Tiffany prepared the necessary paperwork, Taeyeon couldn't help but steal a few more glances at the doctor. Her attraction for the doctor had only grown during her time in the hospital, and she found herself extremely confused about it.

 

Finally, with the discharge process complete, Tiffany handed Taeyeon a small stack of papers. "Here you go, Captain. You're officially free."

 

Taeyeon took the papers, her eyes still locked onto Tiffany's. "Thank you, Doctor. You've been a lifesaver."

 

Tiffany smiled. "It was Sunny, Captain."

 

"Yeah, but you too."

 

With a final nod of farewell, Taeyeon made her way out of the hospital room, leaving behind the familiarity of the hospital and the unexpected connection she had formed with Dr. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter