Fire and Fluids

Scrubs and Turnouts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon, the captain of Seoul Central Station, was sitting at the head of the table of the beanery, reading the morning news. Yuri, Sooyoung, Leeteuk, Donghae, and Key were all seated around her, eating and talking.

 

"Did you see that?" Yuri asked, pointing to the news article Taeyeon was reading. "There was a fire at a restaurant in Gangnam last night."

 

"Yeah," Taeyeon said. "It's a shame. No one was injured, but the restaurant was completely destroyed."

 

"That's unfortunate," Sooyoung said. "There's no one hurt, but the property damage is so extensive."

 

"Yeah," Leeteuk agreed. "It's a reminder of how quickly things can go up in flames."

 

"That's why we do what we do," Donghae said. "To keep people safe from fires."

 

"And we do a damn good job of it," Key said with a grin.

 

"That's right," Taeyeon said. "We're the best."

 

They all laughed and continued eating breakfast.

 

They were more than just firefighters. They were friends. They were family. And they were there for each other, no matter what.

 

"So, Captain" Yuri said, after a few minutes of silence. "How was your date last night?"

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "What date?" she asked, feigning innocence.

 

"The date with the woman you saved from the fire the other night," Yuri said with a knowing smile.

 

Taeyeon sighed. "It wasn’t a date," she said. "We just went out for coffee."

 

"And?" Yuri asked, her eyebrows raised.

 

"And nothing," Taeyeon said. "We just talked."

 

"About what?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"About our lives," Taeyeon said. "Our jobs, mostly."

 

"And?" Yuri asked again.

 

"And that was it," Taeyeon said. "There's nothing to tell."

 

"Sure there isn't," Yuri said. "But we all know that she's got a huge crush on you."

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "You're imagining things," she said.

 

"Am I?" Yuri asked. "Then why did she ask for your number?"

 

Taeyeon sighed. "She just wanted to thank me for saving her life," she said. "That's all."

 

"Sure," Yuri said. "Whatever you say."

 

They all laughed and continued eating breakfast.

 

Taeyeon knew that her friends were just teasing her, but she couldn't help but feel a little flattered. Maybe the woman did have a crush on her. She wondered if it was her job as a firefighter that got people to be so attracted to her.

 

Well, she’s not going to think much about it. It’s not like she’s gonna do something about it anyway. Taeyeon hasn’t been in a serious relationship for years. She’s had a few flings or one-night stands, enough for Yuri to call her a player, but nothing serious. She knew that it was her job as a firefighter that was holding her back. She was afraid to get close to anyone because she was afraid of leaving them behind. She had seen too many people lose their loved ones in fires, and she didn't want to put anyone through that.

 

Oh, well. It’s not the time to think about it. For now, she was just going to enjoy her breakfast and the company of her friends.

 

As she was about to take another sip of her coffee, the klaxon alarm blared, signaling a fire. Taeyeon and her team quickly jumped up from the table and rushed to the fire trucks.

 

"This is a 2-alarm fire," Taeyeon said. "We need to get there fast."

 

The team climbed into the fire trucks and sped off to the scene of the fire.

 

When they arrived, they saw that the bed and breakfast was engulfed in flames. The fire was so intense that it was melting the siding on the building and causing the windows to shatter.

 

Taeyeon quickly assessed the situation and made a plan.

 

"Yuri and Sooyoung, I need you to focus on putting out the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter