Cursed

BY CHANCE

 

 

 

Chapter 6

Cursed

 

 

Jaemi will refuse. She planned to. The girl from the Philippines will only agree to come if Jihye will also be there. But you can’t have everything you want.

Damn all the homework from the young Jung’s school that she needed to be in front of her laptop even on a bright Saturday. But still, Jaemi refused to go. No way. But then came Mr. Jung who was so great on convincing people, that sometimes Jaemi think that he should be a lawyer or a business man, not just an ordinary office employee. That left Jaemi with no other choice but to come and endure the deadly glares Jung Yunho was throwing and will throw at her.

That tour was not needed. She came to Korea to study not to explore and go street hopping. But the Jung family was so ‘kind’ that they offered an all expense paid tour of the city, and to top the promo, their eldest son Jung Yunho, aka the giant tree aka ‘kapre’ aka male medusa, was her tour guide. Lucky her. (if she’s a Cassie then really, lucky her) She sighed in defeat when all that she practiced to say went down the drain. Any argument was invalid. Mr. Jung didn’t accept her refusal no matter what her reasons. Mrs. Jung was no help since she just smiled and patted her head like it was like the most casual thing in the earth to be toured by Yunho.

It was her lucky day. Indeed. The moment she stepped into Yunho’s Audi, hell broke loose as the man accelerated a mind blowing speed even before Jaemi could buckle up. She literally yelled and held the seat belt for dear life. She couldn’t force her eyes to open and waited for some impact to happen. She will lose her life in Korea and she will die a vir- wait. Someone was laughing. She cracked an eye open and saw the driver laughing at her like she danced the Gangnam style.

“You are so funny,” Yunho gave a very loud laugh, too loud for Jaemi’s liking, as his eyes were still focused on the road ahead."Maybe this tour wasn’t that bad after all. You made me smile already,” and looked at her with his huge toothy grin.

Jaemi Matagumpay blushed. Oh my lord, she blushed.

She slapped herself unconsciously and made the man laughed his head off.

“Hey, you don’t have to hurt yourself just to make me laugh. I just have to look at you.” Damn. He looked like he was just saying the weather condition.

‘Is he saying that I look like a clown?’ a stream of smoke was slowly creeping out of her ears, and was ready to fire some heavy metal words that will surely make Yunho  laugh and cry at the same time begging for his dear life. But she was cut when Yunho asked one simple question.

“Where do you want to eat?” it was said with stifled laugh and an eye contact.

 Jaemi swore her brain went blank. All the words she was planning to throw at the giant tree vanished. Goodness, she was just insulted but the impact hit her differently. She couldn’t even feel her feet.

There was a moment of silent like an angel passed by between them. Yunho raised an eyebrow, his  mind already fascinated by how silent the other had become.  Did he go over the line? No. he just said something casual. He asked himself if it manage to offend the girl.

But if only Yunho can read the mind of the girl, he will surely be crept out.  Yunho’s smile stuck Jaemi like a super typhoon.  His smile was so handsome, she never once denied that. His teeth were perfect and white but that was not the remarkable thing about his smile. Jung Yunho was a dream personified, just like how she described him to her friends. But whose dream? Definitely not her, but how was she able to say that? Aigoo… Jaemi mentally facepalmed. What was happening? She didn’t have a clue. One moment she wanted to bombard the guy with so many hurtful words from another planet then 2 seconds later, she was utterly speechless like a certain spell was casted on her.

“I think we should eat first,” was all Yunho could say after being slightly stunned with Jaemi’s silence. He really thought that he cross some lines.

Jaemi nodded. She nodded not because she wanted to eat but that was all her brain managed to command her still spell-casted body.

The silence went on and Jaemi mumbled a silent prayer of thanks for her body was able to recover for whatever was casted upon her.

The moment they step in a not so very famous restaurant, Yunho suddenly became a gentleman, a simple touch to Jaemi’s elbow sent the girl to mars. Her feet stood frozen at the entrance and Yunho was looked at her questioningly. People inside and the waiter that was tasked to guide them to their seat was staring at them.

Yunho forced out a smile and looked at her warningly. It was a public place and getting caught by the paparazzi or some crazy sasaeng fans was last on his list, especially if he’s with some girl.

“What is happening to you?” he whispered to her ears and nudged her side gently. “People are staring. Is there something wrong?” Yunho then looked at her straight in the eyes as if reading her soul.

 Wrong move, because that didn’t help Jaemi at all, instead, her whole body froze and she mouth opened and closed at again like a fish out of water. She was hyperventilating and unconsciously held Yunho’s arm for dear life. She couldn’t move and her eyes were fixed on Yunho. She was doomed.

‘What the hell is happening?’

“Sir, I think something is wrong with her, should we call emergency?” the male waiter looked really worried. But instead of answering his question, Yunho asked if there was a VIP room in which the waited answered with a nod and quickly move to guide them to the said room.

But there was a problem. Jaemi was a solid rock and glued to her place and Yunho didn’t have any idea on how to wake her up from her stance.

“Get me some water.” Yunho tried to lower his voice and quickly carried the girl to the VIP room, bridal style. He was successful and soon enough, the other customers forgot about them.

He laid her gently on the sofa in front of the table where they supposed to eat. Yunho looked around. The room wasn’t that big compare to the VIP rooms in Seoul but it was equally beautiful and relaxing, not to mention expensive. He heaved a very deep sigh. He really didn’t have the time to think about the price anymore. He needed to worry about the frozen girl first. Jaemi had to get back to whichever world she was currently in or he will really run and bring her to the hospital. Yunho’s heart was beating abnormally; worried that Jaemi won’t be able to get back again, so he tried every possible way.

“Jaemi, hey,” Yunho shook her shoulders, not so gently this time but still, it was useless. He also flicked his fingers in front of her but Jaemi still looked like she was hypnotized. “Damn it Jaemi, what is happening? Are you having a heart attack? Are you just playing on me?” he snapped. “Because this is not funny, I’m worried like hell now!” And shook her shoulders again, a little violent this time and finally, Jaemi snapped out from wherever planet she was thrown.

The girl felt like she was thrown into a pool of ice cold water. She was gasping for air. Her initial reaction was to grab the first object she saw. That object was Yunho. Jaemi hugged him for dear life and cried in relief. She was also clueless of what just happened to her and was very thankful that she came back.

Yunho patted her back gently. “It’s okay now, you’re okay.” His deep voice startled Jaemi and pulled herself out of the hug and looked at Yunho’s eyes. She blinked a few times and then hit her.

She hugged Yunho.

Hell no.

 

 

 

*******************************************************************

Just a short update. ^^

The real tour will be posted tomorrow and I will try to  post the first chapter of By Memories this week ^^

Please visit Years After ^^

 

aejae22

By Chance