First Meeting

BY CHANCE

 

 

 

Chapter 1

First Meeting

 

 

 

“Do you Sakura Hayashi accept Kim Junsu as your lawfully wedded husband and you promise that you will stay by his side forever and ever?” The pastor asked the bride and of course, she answered with a yes and the groom who was holding her hands at the moment gave his biggest smile.

“And you –“

“YES!” Junsu immediately answered and pastor was utterly shocked.

“Aiii.” Junho, Junsu’s twin brother scowled in shame and scratched his head as they all witnessed Junsu’s eagerness to end the ceremony and take the bride home. He was sure that the other guests were equally disgusted at his brother’s over excitement.  “That bastard, he really can’t wait.” He cursed forgetting the fact that he was sitting beside his parents and they were inside the church.

“Shhh… watch your language son.” his mother smiled in sweetness. He could’ve earned a smack if they were at home.

“But mom, Junsu is putting all of us in shame.” he protested and earned a smack from his father.

“It’s his wedding. You can do everything you want when it’s your turn.”

“Pop?”

“Junho, my dear son, aren’t you proud that your brother is marrying a sweet lady? Finally, a girl in the family.” she said without the smile fading, even clapping her hands in overflowing happiness.

“I am of course mom but Junsu-“

“He’s your brother.”

“That is the most annoying truth. He’s even my twin. Bless me.”

God bless Junho.

 

Meanwhile on the other part of the church, a couple was having their moment.

“This is just so funny. I am expecting a very solemn ceremony.” Jaemi commented as she watched the funny antics of the groom.

“What do you expect? It’s the sea creature couple after all. You should learn to expect the unexpected.” Yunho remarked and smiled sweetly at her.

“They really love each other.”

“Yeah, it’s because they went through a lot.”

“Just like us?” She looked straight into his eyes and Yunho stopped himself from ravishing her lips that very moment.

“Yeah, just like us.”

And Jaemi hugged him and rested her head to his chest. It was the safest place for her after all.

“You really fancy my chest huh?” He said and kissed her head. He was secretly thanking the heaven for not blessing the girl with so much height. They were perfect for each other and Yunho loves leaning down to reach her lips every time he wanted to kiss her.

“It’s because it’s so comfy.” she smiled and closed her eyes.

“You know what, I want to have a son.” Yunho suddenly said out of nowhere.

Jaemi looked at his eyes. “But I thought you want a girl.”

“Yeah. But I want my first born to be a boy.”

“Really?” She hugged him back again.

“And I’m gonna name him Nino.”

And that made her tear up. She then felt Yunho’s hand touching hers and gently caressing it with his thumb. And then, something round and metal was put at the tip of her finger. She snapped her eyes open and looked at her partner with one question in her mind.

“Jaemi Matagumpay,” Yunho started voicing out what he had been practicing for so long, complete with his famous Jeollado accent and distorted pronunciation of his girlfriend’s last name. “Be Jung Nino’s mom.”

 

 

 

Bulacan, Philippines

“Shoes?”

“Got it.”

“Pens, notebooks, pocket dictionary?”

“All in.”

“Underwear?”

“Ano? *” Her eyes widen under those huge black spectacles. Her friends were crazy but she wasn’t expecting that kind of question especially that her relatives, which were mostly the descendant of Adam, were just downstairs. She rolled her eyes and palmed her face in disappointment. But she just let it pass by since that day was supposed to be her last day in Guiguinto* before setting her life in a foreign land. And as if she could just throw away her's. She loved them no matter how dum dum they can be.

“Jaemi, are you okay?” a girl in glasses asked, the only sane friend that was with her that moment.

Jaemi was then pulled down to a place called reality. She smiled heavily and looked at her other friends that were packing her things for her with longing. It was the eve of her flight and like any other human being, she was nervous and scared. There was huge lump in that was forcing its way out but she successfully swallowed it back in knowing it will flow as tears and a tearful goodbye was last on her list.

“I am…I guessed.”  And her best friend, Lou, the girl in huge glass, the sane one, took her hand and rubbed it with such gentle as if saying that everything will be alright and being away for a whole year won’t be that bad. But all of them knew that it wasn’t okay since Jaemi was about to leave her friends, the place where she grew up, the country she was so proud of and most especially her family. Being gone for a year will be not be like a visit in the park and there will be roadblocks along her way but she had her goals and even if it was so against her heart to leave her place, she chose to take the rough road.

 

Jaemi Matagumpay was supposed to be a senior high school student. But her IQ was that of a rocket scientist so she skipped two levels, one in elementary and one in high school. So now, instead of going to her senior year and enjoy the benefits of being an upperclassman like any other girl her age, she was bounded to step into the world of being a college student at her tender age, not that she was complaining but she will truly miss the senior year, the graduation and of course the prom. But when the director of the university she was about to enter saw her outstanding, excellent and oh so high marks, he immediately sent her to an exchange study program. She was excited at first since all expenses were paid by the university, but slumped back like a bankrupt fish vendor when she learned that the program will last for a whole year. She almost rejected the offer, but the persistent director told her the possible opportunities that she could have. And then a deal was given. And now, there was a slight regret in her heart.

“Okay Ms. Matagumpay, we packed a total of 12 pairs of undergarments. 6  packs of boy bawang* and… Jaemi what’s wrong?” Jenna, the ever so hyper friend of her suddenly asked in the midst of her packing. “Aren’t you excited that you will leave tomorrow?”

“I am.” She knew she meant the words she said but not in the way they sounded.

Then the composed and calm Lili batted in. “Well, you need to convince us more. Jaemi, you know that we won’t allow you to go if your heart is not 100% in it. We can just talk to the director to give the program to someone else.”

With that, Jaemi sat up straight and gave an uncertain smile. It was enough to convince Jenna but not Lou and Lilibeth who were both serious when it comes to their life and friendship.

Lili continued, “We all know that you are worried about your family, especially Nino, but you can always count on us right? We promise to visit them once in a while so you really don’t have to worry. Just enjoy your stay there and have fun.”

Jaemi’s tears were about to fall but Jenna said something that made them all growl.

“Don’t forget to fall in love.” she said happily which earned her a smack that was full of love from Lili. She immediately rolled on the bamboo floor while scowling in pain and calling every singer she was pond of for help. Nobody helped her. The three girls just went on with their conversation.

“Just enjoy Jaemi.” It was Lou.

“Will you also look after Eli for me?” Jaemi asked reluctantly knowing that her friends weren’t that amused of the guy.

“Of course!” Lili said in fake excitement with matching claps and cheers. Lou just nodded, joining her friend in firing sarcasm silently. “We will send pictures of that guy while ing everything that wears skirt! Jaemi, seriously?”

Jaemi looked down. Eli was her boyfriend and he was a jerk, in the truest sense of the word. It was no surprise that her friends were so against their relationship. Even Jenna got up when she heard the name of the guy and forgot her pain. Not that the guy’s name had some healing power or whatever but his -ness was so intense to the point that it will strike you painfully more than any smack from Lili could.

“Any guy but him and please Lili, I beg you. Don’t mention his name!”

The three girls laughed and Jaemi just smiled. She was used to it. She was used to it whenever her friends skin her boyfriend alive when he was not around. And the soon to be exchange student was well aware about Eli’s infidelity but she couldn’t help it. She loved the guy so much. He was her first love and she gave everything to her… well except for one thing and you all know what it is.

“There’s nothing wrong with being single Jaemi especially if the man you are with is not worthy.” Lou explained like a mom giving an advice to her daughter. “Wait, is he even a man?” and Jenna had her hard earned smack from Lili once again.

“Being single doesn’t mean no one wants you. It only means you’re taking your time deciding about your life and who you want to spend it with. I know I sound like a freaking text message but its true right? Eli is not worthy. He’s far from being one and if you will only allow us, we will not let you see him again.”

 

“Yeah baby!” It was Jenna, who took the job of barging in once in a while.

 

“You want us to cut his balls?” It was Lili in her diva like posture, agreeing with what Lou just said.

 

“Please give him a chance.” Jaemi pleaded a like her friend’s blessing will save Eli from a death penalty. Her request was so simple but it was the hardest thing her friends could give. “He promised-“

 

“For a thousandth time Jaemi Matagumpay! I lost count after 20. What is happening to you? Isn’t enough that he slept with ever girl in our school? He’s still with you because you haven’t given him your most precious ity!” Lili didn’t want others to hear their conversation since the Kubo*, Jaemi’s home is not that secured so the last sentence was said in a venomously low voice. “When you’re there, fall in love and show that Eli guy, whose middle name is , that you don’t need him in your life. My gosh! I bet there are lots of hot guys in that country!”

 

“Lili?”

 

“It’s true Jaemi,” Lou supported Lili’s statement, no matter how painful it was to her ears. But Lili’s bluntness was the only way for Jaemi to realize the hurtful truth about the guy she loved the most. “Or at least try not to think about him when you’re there.”

Jaemi just nodded and smiled at her ever supported friends. She chose not to see Eli for the last time no matter how the latter protested. She so many things to think about and for the first time, she admitted to herself that Eli wasn’t one of them.

 

 

 

 

“Ate.*” a guy in a wheel chair came beside her. It was already late and Jaemi was still sitting on a bamboo bench under her favorite mango tree at the side of their house while counting the hours before her departure.

 

“Nino.” she smiled at her younger brother and ruffled his head, a gesture that both of them will surely miss. “Why are you still awake?”

 

“Kuya* is snoring again so I can’t sleep.” that was just an alibi. Nino couldn’t sleep and wanted to spend the remaining hours of the night with his sister.

 

Jaemi just nodded and looked at the ground while her feet played with the small unripe fruits that were blown away by the wind from the braches.

 

“You will not be here during the harvest.” Nino started after seeing that her sister was not going to say anything. “I guess Ondoy and I will only be the ones who will feast on the first fruit.”

 

Jaemi bitterly smiled. There was a tradition in their family started by their father that the youngest members will be the first one to eat the first fruits from the trees. It was Jaemi, the youngest girl and Nino as their bunso* and of course Ondoy, her nephew, as the newest and youngest member of the family.

 

“You can have my share then.”

 

“But it will never be the same again.” The sadness was very evident n Nino’s voice and it only fueled all emotions inside Jaemi’s heart and it took her an incredible amount of effort to smile and act like everything was okay and that Nino has nothing to worry about.

 

“You know why am I doing this right? It’s for you Nino, I can finally send you to a good hospital… so you could walk again.”

 

Nino remained silent. He didn’t want his sister to go especially if he was one of the main reasons why she was going but he also wanted to see his sister succeed and he will be a selfish brother if he will stop her from going.

 

“And it’s only for a year Nino. I will soon come back and we will harvest the fruits together with Ondoy again. A year is not that long.” she mumbled. She was convincing herself more than her brother. “And when I come back, I promise to look for the best doctor for you.”

 

With their financial state, Nino knew it was impossible and Jaemi’s University program wasn’t even a guarantee to help him. Hi sister will study there, not to work but he nodded and believed in her promise. He always did.

 

“Just be careful okay?” he held her hand tightly, never wanted to let go.

 

Jaemi just nodded.

 

And the next day, Jaemi bid her goodbye to dear Philippines and said hello to South Korea.

 

 

Meanwhile somewhere in Seoul...

A guy was driving furiously. He hated his decision and wanted to beat himself for thinking stupidly. He just broke the heart of the girl he liked and it was unforgivable. His sister was right; he was too kind and giving for his own good. His decision made him fuming. He knew Junsu deserved it and being the leader and big brother of the group, he was more than willing to sacrifice and give everything. But why did it hurt?

And so there he was, driving his Audi in the busy streets of Seoul to their company to file a leave. His mom called him when they got home from the mountain and she was requesting him to go home and welcome someone, a guest. He felt furious, all he wanted to do was to lie down to his bed and heal his slightly broken heart but his family suddenly decided to be so generous and allowed some foreigner to live in their house. In other words, they will be the host of an exchange student from some unknown country and Yunho was more than pissed. He had nothing against his family being host but why involve him? He was happy and peaceful in Seoul and he was sure that the guest will be warmly welcomed without his presence.

“It’s your father’s request Yunho and we both know what it means.” Yunho sighed when he recalled what his mom said over the phone. Yunho just sighed and concentrated on his driving. Mrs. Jung was right, it was his father’s wish, or more of a command and no one, not even his mom, dared to go against him. So there he was.

Yunho was quite lucky that day… well not really because after receiving his father’s request, something bad happened to him in the middle of the road. Literally. Talk about timing and bad fortune. He was so sure the light was green so he step on the accelerator and was about to go to his destination when suddenly, someone crossed the street and the sudden appearance caused him to step on his break roughly. The car made a loud screeching sound that the person who suddenly appeared out of nowhere got startled and lost her balance and fell on the floor, first.

Yunho immediately stepped out of the car not to see if the person was okay but to give them a nice round of wise words.

“What is wrong with you?!” He yelled, not minding if he was the mighty Jung Yunho of DBSK. The road was not in the busy part of Seoul so there were only few passers by and none of them really care so it was okay.

“Ano?” The person kneeled and gathered her things that were scattered on the floor while saying something very weird for Yunho.

“Anak ng tipaklong naman!*” the person who happened to be a girl who was in a very long skirt and a very thick jacket mumbled angrily why gathering the things scattered on the road. Yunho frowned. The girl just ignored him like he did not exist at all. He looked around and slapped his forehead in utter frustration. He believed that he was huge enough for the girl to see. Then he saw something reddish on road and an awful smell filled his nose.

“What the hell is that?!” he said in Korean and stepped on the bottle of that red paste which scattered it more. The girl didn’t look at him but what he did was enough to get her attention. Her jaw dropped and finally looked up to the guy with eyes that shot daggers… no… katanas.

“What did you do to my bagoong?!” she yelled in English and stood up. Too bad her eyes only reached Yunho’s broad chest so she was forced to look up. The sun was shinning so bright so it partially blinded her. “Kapre!”

“EH?”

“What did you do!” she repeated and English. Yunho was not really great in English so he just shifted his head to the side and looked down to the girl, literally.

The girl realized that the very tall guy in front of her didn’t understand him, she started to use the little Korean got in her pocket.

“You! You spilled my bagoong! You pay for it!” Heaven and hell was colliding that moment because the two of them were seriously angry. Yunho knew instantly that the girl was a foreigner because of her accent. It was hard to detect physically since half of the girl’s face was covered with scarf. It was only revealed when she stood up to face him.

“I didn’t do anything!”

“You almost killed me!” the girl gently massaged her neck because it was starting to get stiff. The guy in front of her was too tall. Yunho got the message so he slightly bent his knees so his eyes would reach hers and the girl suddenly took a step back.

“The last time I checked, the light was green and I hope you’re not that stupid to know what it means. I will not pay for anything because its not may fault, got it?” he even flicked her forehead which made her head pull back. That made the girl angrier. But Yunho was getting to his car, leaving the girl in the middle of the street.

“Why you… you…!”

“What?”

“You!”

“Me?”

“Yes.”

Yunho arched an eyebrow while waiting for her words.

Kapre!”

 

 

**************************

I’m so sorry for this very late update. So many things happened. First, Yoochun’s lost… I was so sad and I couldn’t write anything…  Then my pc broke…. and then, being the lucky girl that I am… after my pc was fixed… my internet connection went down… and until now… I can’t use it… so here I am … in an internet café trying to post an update. But updates will start flowing soon because even if my connection is currently unavailable, I’m still typing the chapters… so part 2 is on its way… plus… it’s my vacation so I have 2 full months to update this… haha!!! talk about freedommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

 

please don’t forget to leave a comment… ^^

I will try not to use weird tagalong words next chapters…..

this chapter is for my chinggus…

And mare… Nino will still be Yunho’s son…. but not this Nino… okay….? Mrs. Park has other plans.

And to all ELI fans out there… I love Eli and I don’t have anything against him so peace…

 

 

 

* ano- what?

* Guiguinto-a town in Bulacan, Philippines

* boybawang- a popular snack  made of corn

*kubo- traditional Filipino house

* ate- older sister

*kuya-older brother

*bunso- youngest sibling

* Anak ng tipaklong – son of a grasshopper

*bagoong- shrimp paste… famous in the Philippines.

 

Matagumpay means successful/success

 

 

 

323717572.jpg

 

 

 

aejae22

By Chance