really? in front of me?

salty & sweet (baby fever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, their debut singles Spicy and Thirsty were released, and now it was time for their official showcase and debut on a music show. Their music video went viral as fans flocked to support the long-awaited debut of the SM girls. 

 

 

Now backstage at Music Bank for soundcheck before their showcase, the girls were gathering their nerves as best they could in their dressing room. After receiving such high praise for their visuals and talent in their music video, the girls were slightly relieved, however, it was now time to live up to their expectations.

 

This is what they had been working towards for years, and the immense pressure to succeed was creeping up on them.

 

 

Thankfully, there were a few figures present in their dressing room to help with their anxiety. 

 

 

"You girls will do great!" A certain leader exclaimed. Turning to the girl sitting beside her, Yeji put a hand on her shoulder in reassurance. "I just know you're going to blow their minds." The girl said softly with a sincere gaze. Winter smiled in return as she returned eye contact. 

 

 

Sitting in the styling chair while getting her hair touched up, Karina watched as Yeji so blatantly flirted with the other girl. 

 

 

"And how do you know that?" Winter giggled, her responsiveness to Yeji caused Karina's hands to clench ever so slightly. 

 

 

"Hm," Yeji pondered in fake wonder. She leaned in close to Winter's ear, "I never lie." She whispered. 

 

 

Karina rolled her eyes. Since when did fixing a few stray hairs take this long? She wondered, dreading how the mirror in front of her gave her a clear view of the two talking happily on the couch.

 

 

"Alright, you're good now. Just make sure to not rip your hair out, please." The hairstylist said brazenly, startling Karina. Karina was taken aback.

 

 

"Thank you." The confused leader said slowly. "Sorry but, why would I pull my hair out?" She asked with caution. The hairstylist scoffed. 

 

 

"I don't mean to pry into your personal matters, but it's hard to ignore the daggers coming out of your gaze." When Karina's mouth opened to reply, the observant stylist continued. "You're not the only one looking into the mirror, you know." 

 

 

Thanking the hairstylist again as she got up from the chair, Karina was bewildered. Was she really that obvious that even the staff noticed her jealousy? Shaking her head, she took a seat on the floor near the ITZY and Aespa girls where Hajoon was playing. 

 

 

It seemed absurd that there was a baby in the dressing room, but when their manager had showed up to their dorm that morning looking like she returned from the battlefield, the girls took pity on her. They would never pass up an opportunity to distract themselves with Hajoon's cuteness, anyways. 

 

 

"Not like I mind but, is it really okay for your manager's baby to be with you all of the time?" A voice asked from above. Karina looked up and smiled. Shaking her head, she answered.

 

 

"It does seem a bit unprofessional doesn't it?" Lia laughed as she took a seat next to the playing pair. 

 

 

"As long as he isn't too much of a distraction." 

 

 

"Oh trust me, he's a welcome one." Lia nodded as she watched the two interact. 

 

 

"How are you feeling?" Lia asked after a minute of silence. Karina paused her playing as she replied. 

 

 

"Nervous, of course. But I'm sure we will do great, we always do well." Karina assured herself. Lia nodded again, remembering how nervous she was for ITZY's debut. 

 


"You haven't worked this hard for nothing. Just give it your all." Lia said in earnest. Karina smiled as she scooched closer to the other girl to give a lasting hug before averting her attention back to the baby. A part of her was still embarrassed that she was relying on the kindness of the girl so much recently, especially due to her previous bias against ITZY in general.  She hoped that the other girl would understand her sincerity and gratitude in her actions rather than her words.

 

 

Thankfully for Karina, it seemed that the other girl got her message of gratefulness and smiled. Distracted by Hajoon's mumblings, Karina was caught off guard when she felt a hand gently her hair. Swatting the hand away, Karina's cheeks flushed at the loud laughing that echoed throughout the room.

 

 

"Stop that! I just got my hair fixed, you know?" The defenseless girl attempted to gain a hold of the situation. 

 

 

"Sorry, you're just too cute."

 

 

"Cute? I'm older than you, you know." Lia shot her a look. 

 


"So? That means you can't be cute?"

 

 

"That means you can't pat me like a baby!" Karina said exasperated. She was now acutely aware that the chatter around the room had quieted in response to Lia's playfulness. People are so nosy these days.

 

 

"But when you act like one, how could I not praise you?" Karina rolled her eyes and pouted. "See, like that!" Lia said while laughing loudly. "You're so cute." Lia managed to get out between her laughing fits. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter