fight! fight!

salty & sweet (baby fever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before anyone could make sense of the situation, the rest of Aespa, ITZY, and Hajoon's poor mother came rushing onto the stage, nearly knocking over the LE SSERAFIM girls in the process.

 

 

"Oh, my god. Hajoonie, you're okay!" Their manager frantically rushed out, pushing Winter and Karina away as she scooped the mischievous baby into her arms. She speed-walked off the stage, followed by the numerous concerned staff. 

 

 

Flabbergasted, and still in disbelief over what happened, Winter and Karina were wide-eyed and motionless on the ground, the squeals and chatter of those around them. There seemed to be an endless stream of greetings from the girls standing above them, as there were now two idol groups aware of 'Winrina's baby'.

 

 

"Is he really your baby?" Yunjin asked teasingly. Winter and Karina's heads shot up, both furiously shaking their heads no. 

 

 

"What? Obviously, it's their managers." Sakura answered, her hands on her hips.

 

 

"Wow, so those articles really are true!" Eunchae exclaimed excitedly. Ningning and Giselle froze. It seems their manager knew all along that Winter and Karina could make headlines together. Just how impactful were those 'Winrina' articles that their manager showed them? 

 

 

"What articles?" Winter and Karina asked at the same time, still seated on the ground. 

 

 

"You don't know? Netizens are all saying that you two are-"

 


"That's ENOUGH." A stern and deep voice was heard. All mouths instantly shut upon seeing the dark expression on the ITZY leader's face. Bending down, Yeji completely ignored Karina and the girls around her as she helped Winter up quickly and roughly. It was as if she wanted to get Winter as far away from Karina as possible. 

 

 

"Ow!" Winter exclaimed, rubbing the spot on her arm where Yeji had yanked her. Karina's eyes darkened as she shot up from the ground, snatching Winter away from Yeji.

 

 

"You hurt her." Karina stated monotonously, clenching her jaw at Yeji.

 

 

Frowning, Yeji looked at Winter with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry about that, are you okay?" When Winter nodded with a smile, the leader smiled in return, her gaze softening for a moment. 

 

 

Watching this exchange from the sidelines, Ningning, Giselle, ITZY, and LE SSERAFIM were astounded at how Yeji was so easily able to ignore the murderous gaze of Karina. Even Sakura and Chaewon, the oldest members of LE SSERAFIM, were shocked at Karina's visible anger, even though they knew it would never be directed toward them. They weren't the ones with feelings for Winter, after all. 

 

 

"I didn't mean to hurt her. I just wanted to get her off the dirty ground. Which is something you seemed fine with?" Yeji turned her attention back to Karina. Challenging the other girl as she crossed her arms. 

 

 

"No, I'm not fine with it. I was still recovering my breath from chasing down the baby. Don't act like I don't want the best for her ever again." Karina's raised tone made the audience's hairs stand up on their arms. 

 

 

Despite the very public and obvious tension that was happening on stage, Ningning and Giselle couldn't help but fill in the LE SSERAFIM girls on the feud happening in front of them.

 

 

"So, Karina and Winter have this thing for each other but they haven't confessed yet. And because Karina hasn't done anything yet, Yeji thinks she has a chance with her." Giselle whispered to an invested Chaewon, Yunjin, Kazuha, Sakura, and Eunchae. A series of understanding 'oh's were heard from the group.

 

 

"Is this seriously happening?" Yunjin whispered back in disbelief. "This isn't a prank show, right? Are they really like this?" She struggled to contain her laughter, not wanting to interfere with the atmosphere and scene in front of her. 

 


"Yup! Isn't it so entertaining?" Giselle nodded proudly. She had been waiting to recruit more Winrina matchmakers. What better than the other recently debuted girl group? 

 

 

"Wow, that's amazing. It's a romance straight out of a K-drama!" Chaewon whispered dreamily. "I need them to get together soon."

 

 

"Right? That's what we've all been saying!" Yuna interjected excitedly. She was met with immediate shushing as Karina and Yeji were still in the middle of their staredown. The girls could not afford to let this picture-perfect movie scene in front of them go to waste. 

 

 

Speaking up for the first time since their performance was interrupted, Kazuha asked what she's been wondering this whole time. 

 

 

"But doesn't Yeji have a chance too? I mean, she's gorgeous. Her and Winter would make a good pair." Gasps were heard around her, even from her own members.

 

 

"Are you serious?"

 

 

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?"
 

 

"You take that back!" Giselle exclaimed, sounding like she was almost in tears.

 

 

"That is literally blasphemy, Zuha." The disappointed comments were neverending as the girls couldn't believe what they had heard.

 

 

"Okay, sorry!" Kazuha exclaimed with her hands up in defense. She looked at the ITZY girls who were surprisingly looking at her with a scowl on their face. Wow, even them too?

 

 

"I just don't get it. Why are you girls going against your own friend? Isn't Yeji your leader?" Kazuha asked, gesturing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter