the calm before the storm

salty & sweet (baby fever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina has never been more conflicted. On one hand, she was absolutely ecstatic for Winter, and everyone else, to start receiving offers. Of course, she wanted the girls to make a name for themselves outside of their group activities.

 

 

But. Did Winter have to make a name for herself with Yeji of all people? 

 


Karina spent what seemed like hours planted on the living room couch, her fingers furiously tapping at the screen. She scrolled through countless media posts tagged with #winrina. She came across thousands of tweets, edits, and articles about them. She was just curious, right?

 

 

Karina huffed to herself. No. She wasn't just curious. She was angry, and truthfully, a bit insecure. Recently, she found herself turning to fanmade posts about her own relationship with Winter as a form of reassurance. 'Hmpf, Yeji clearly isn't on my level.'

 


"Whatcha looking at there, unnie?" 

 


Karina jumped at the sudden voice. Ningning plopped down on the couch with her neck dipped in order to see Karina's phone quickly.

 

 

"N-nothing!" Karina panicked, clumsily turning her screen away from the sudden intruder. "What's up?" 



Unfortunately for the too-easily-teased leader, she could not fool the prying eyes of the youngest. 

 


"What's up? What's up with you?" Ningning's eyebrows raised. Karina's eyes shifted as she opened to blurt out an excuse. "Uh-uh, that's not going to work." Ningning waved a finger. Karina sighed. She was never going to have a single day of peace. 

 

 

"I've just been feeling a bit uneasy lately."

 

 

"Uh, yeah. Everyone can tell." Karina rolled her eyes. There was no point in hiding her emotions, especially since Ningning can read her like a book. 

 


"I just don't like Yeji at all. I mean, who knows what she's up to? Even though it's a show, she could still be completely genuine with Minjeong. I don't like that at all., And what if the public likes them together more than me and her? I bet after this that they'll get more roles together." Ningning could only sit frozen on the couch as Karina lost her temper and her usual calm demeanor.

 

"Ugh, I don't think I can even watch the show. Why couldn't it have been me? Hold on, it's completely manager-unnie's fault! She did nothing about this. I'm gonna go give her a peace of my mind-" Karina stood up, ready to barge through their manager's apartment. Which was a few miles away. 

 

 

"Hey, woah now. Chill out." Ningning stopped Karina's mad ramblings with a hand on the other's shoulder. "Why are you so stressed? Didn't you already make it official with her? Her show is literally just a show. It's not real." Ningning attempted to soothe the other girl by lightly rubbing her shoulder. It was a rare occurrence, Ningning offering sympathy and comfort instead of teasing the other.

 

 

 She didn't want to set the other girl off even more, especially since she saw the positive and excited reaction of the netizens to the upcoming couple on the show. Being Winrina's number one supporter meant that she had to keep up with what the internet said about them. And right now, it wasn't that much. People were dying to see the union of these two groups, almost as if it were some kind of internet-breaking marriage. 

 

 

"Have you seen what people online are saying about them? They think that Yeji is Minjeong's prince charming. What the hell? How do people not see that she literally isn't the woman of Minjeong's dreams? She isn't her anything at all!" Karina continued rambling, clearly pissed. Ningning grimaced. 

 

 

"Well..." Ningning didn't know what to say next. The news of Winter and Yeji online had sparked even international attention. Ningning couldn't even be mad. Two gorgeous K-pop singers marrying? Two girls at that? She was even excited to watch it herself, although she would never admit that to anyone. 

 


She had faith in Winter and knew that no matter how charming the public paints Yeji as, the only one she has sight of is the sulking leader in front of her. 

 

 

"I mean, don't you trust Minjeong-unnie? Of course, she won't do anything serious with her."

 


"No, no! I do trust her. Fully." Ningning cocked an eyebrow at her. "I really do!" Karina pouted. "It's Yeji who I don't trust." 

 

 

"Who cares what she does? Minjeong won't respond seriously to it. It's just for the cameras."

 

 

Karina tensed up slightly. 'Minjeong and I were once just for the cameras, too.'

 

 

Brushing her thought away, Karina replied. "I know, but I still can't help but feel antsy about it. We haven't put a label on anything yet, so Yeji will probably take advantage of that and do whatever she pleases."

 

 

"WHAT? You haven't asked her to be your girlfriend? Seriously?" Ningning's jaw dropped. This whole time, she thought that they were officially dating. It made sense for the two to label their relationship once they already confessed to each other. 'What could be stopping them?'

 

 

"What? No! Of course not. It's complicated, you know that Ning."

 


"How? How i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter