cakes and kisses

salty & sweet (baby fever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a storm of scolding from the SM and Music Bank Staff, the long-awaited debut of Aespa was met with immense praise and recognition. Their visuals combined with their live singing and dance abilities wowed audiences worldwide. 

 

 

Now in their dressing room, the girls were dancing and jumping around excitedly, relieved that they were able to perform in top condition for their first-ever live stage. In the dressing room, Aespa's staff and LE SSERAFIM congratulated the girls over and over while constantly checking the glowing reception on social media. 

 

 

After meeting Aespa for the first time in such a dramatic and comical manner, LE SSERAFIM was now immensely interested in the girls. Winter, being the introvert she is, could just not understand how fast and easily her members warmed up to the 'UNFORGIVEN' girls. Of course, her member's new friends were attempting to warm up to Winter as well, though the poor girl was overwhelmed by how loud and active they were. Ningning and Giselle combined were enough for her. 

 

 

While her members were standing around the dressing room, talking animatedly to the people around them, Winter was seated on the same couch as before. This time, with a few of the LE SSERAFIM girls sitting around her. 

 

 

"How did it feel, Minjeong? Doesn't being the ending fairy give you such a rush?" Besides Winter, Sakura put a hand on her shoulder smiling. 

 

 

"You looked so good! I thought that you would have a more cool and mature vibe, but underneath all of that you're just a little cutie, aren't you?" Eunchae bounced up in down in her spot on the other side of Winter. Her bouncing stopped when she was lightly hit on the shoulder by Yunjin. "Oh, what gives?"

 

 

"Manchae! She's six years your unnie." Eunchae pouted. 

 

 

"So? She's still so cute, right?" Sakura nodded, taking Eunchae's side. Yunjin groaned.

 

 

"O-oh, am I?" Winter let out a nervous laugh. "Thank you."  God, when are they leaving? Winter thought to herself.

 

 

Although she liked the girls and was glad to see them interacting with her members, her social battery was entirely drained for the day. Especially after the whole situation with Hajoon. Speaking of which, maybe manager unnie needs to buy him a leash or something? Winter pondered. 

 

 

"Oh, come on guys. Don't too much." Winter's eyes snapped to Yunjin. She sent a thankful smile the girl's way. Anyone could tell that the girls' forwardness and closeness to Winter were causing the girl to feel uncomfortable, despite their good intentions. 

 

 

Eunchae and Sakura laughed at Winter's stiffness. Although the girl had just dominated the stage just minutes prior and should rightfully be celebrating, she now looked like a deer in headlights. 

 

 

However, after a few more teasing remarks from the mother and daughter duo, Winter's stiffness soon vanished when ITZY came into their dressing room. 

 


"Wow, is that for us?" Ningning and Giselle immediately ran to the door, their faces in pure awe and gratitude at the cake ITZY had brought in. 

 

 

"It's our present for slaying the stage today!" Yuna exclaimed with a large grin on her face, immediately engulfing the two girls in a hug. 

 

 

Seeing this from the other side of the room, Eunchae's eyes lit up. "Ooh, do you think they'll share? It looks big." 

 

 

"Really, Eunchae? This is not your day." Yunjin said while shaking her head. 

 

 

"Everyone come here! We can't finish all of this ourselves." Giselle yelled, ready to cut the first slice of cake as if it was her wedding day. Eunchae looked at Yunjin with a smirk on her face. 

 

 

"Ha!" Eunchae said to her unnie while skipping happily over to the cake. With a loud sigh, Yunjin watched as Sakura quickly followed Eunchae. Yunjin turned back to Winter.

 

 

"I can't wait to see what you have for us in the future, Minjeong." 

 


"Ah, thank you Yunjin. It means a lot to have you girls supporting us." Winter smiled. For the first time since entering the dressing room, Winter looked relaxed. 

 

 

"Also can't wait to see how you two will work things out." 

 

 

"T-two?"

 

 

"Don't play dumb." Yunjin laughed at Winter's wide eyes. Hearing footsteps behind her, Yunjin turned and greeted the approaching figure. Looking back at Winter, she winked. "Speak of the devil." Leaving the two, Yunjin met up with her girls to eat cake. 

 

 

Karina furrowed her brows as her eyes watched Yunjin leave. 

 

 

"Is the cake good, unnie?" Karina's head snapped to Winter. She looked down at the plate in her hand.

 

 

"Y-yeah. You'd like it." Karina joined Winter on the couch. Winter raised her eyebrow at the single hefty slice of cake on the plate. 

 

 

"Where's my slice?"

 

 

"Hm?" Karina asked with a fork full of cake in already. Winter pouted.

 


"Why didn't you get me one?" Winter sulked. Karina smirked. 

 

 

"Why would I get you one?" Karina teased.

 

 

"Just cause."

 

 

"Cause...?" Karina prodded.

 


"Because you like me!" Karina could feel the heat on her cheeks but still tried to play it cool. 

 

 

"And?" Karina cocked an eyebrow at Winter, enjoying how distressed the poor girl seemed to be over not being thought of. When Winter started whining, her tone almost rivaling Hajoon's cuteness, Karina decided to give the girl what she wants. 

 

 

"Oh, fine. You're such a needy baby." Karina pulled out the extra fork she was hiding under the plate and handed it to the sulking girl. "It's your favorite, of course, I want you to have some."

 

 

"Hmpf. You like it though." Winter huffed before digging into the cake. Karina couldn't say anything in response. She did like it — no, loved it. "Mmm." Winter's eyes lit up as she took the first bite of the cake. "I can't believe she remembered."

 


"Who remembered what?" Karina asked as she stabbed another piece of cake. 

 

 

"Yeji. Was she the one who got the cake?"

 

 

"Oh?" Karina stopped chewing. "Yeah, I think she did." Karina's voice was low. 

 

 

"I knew it." Winter giggled softly to herself. "I think I told her my favorite kind of cake was red velvet when, like, I don't know." Winter looked up to recall her memories. "The first time we met?"

 


"Huh. That was a while ago. Why were you talking about cake?"

 


Winter paused. Recalling the reason why, she attempted to avoid the question. "N-no reason."

 

 

"Really? What could you be hiding that involves cake?" Even though Karina knew that Winter did not like Yeji the same way she did, she couldn't help but still be on edge at the mention of the girl.

 

 

"I, think, she.." Winter excruciatingly said each word slowly. 

 

 

"She...?" Karina drawled out, getting impatient. 

 


"Sheaskedwhatflavorofcakewillbeatourwedding" Winter rushed out quickly. Karina almost dropped her fork.

 


"I hope I didn't hear you correctly."
 

 

"Haha." Winter laughed nervously. "You didn't!"

 

 

"Sure. There's no way that she has been flirting with you since day 1 and you've never noticed, right?" Karina was astonished. The poor ITZY leader was already talking about marriage with Winter and no alarms went off in the oblivious girl's head? No way. Thinking about it, Karina was amazed at Yeji's smoothness. She should take some of the ITZY girl's advice, the leader concluded. 

 

 

"Ugh, I know. I feel so bad." Winter put her fork on her plate to put her hands on her head. "I don't know why I never caught on. I mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter