The meeting

Strangers of life
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You will be taking this task as it first your profile and as well as your need employer. Be sure to behave and be nice to the child you will be carrying for. He isn't a child but a young teen”, the boss explained while looking at the young guard standing in front of him.

The black-haired guard took files, and flipped through them, sighing quietly as he understood the difficulties he would have to go through. The job paid too well for just the tiny care of an omega teen. But as money was tight, he would push his cold face up the front and would stand beside the teen with eyes only looking upfront.

“Enjoy this one. I am friends with Mr. Kim and he is delicate with who he chooses. So far, others were not fired but they asked to be moved. The son of Mr. Kim, by the rumors I heard, is a spoiled kid who won’t hesitate to say something hurtful. So please, don’t mess him up” boss smiled knowing how harsh others’ words might be from time to time.

The black-haired one understood his assignment and gave a bow to the elder before leaving documents on the table and going out of the office.

The job always changes for the other as he never knows what each week will bring. Never taking a single day off is hard yet it ensures the money income always floats in. he’s been saving for his father's surgery and the store won't be going bankrupt from his parents stopping working for a few weeks.

“This will bring a lot of cash. I should get my parents a new mattress after getting the first check” smiled under his nose as could see how much he will earn each month.

Payment for his father. The utility for the house. He ensured to spoil his parents instead of spoiling his own . Even the university payments were pilling on his shoulders but he tried to ignore them till the last moment.

Thinking about how he should introduce himself, he took the keys out of the drawer, went for the simple Kia Sorento, and drove to the assigned address. He had already packed up a bag of clothes and was told that he will need to stay in the mansion. It was a bit uncomfortable as the location of the work and the house of the parents.

Looking out the window, wondered how there are so many mansions. What do people need to do to get here? On the news, they could hear about different estate meetings in university, meeting in clubs, and hitting it off. This was so stupid in his eyes. Getting together just for the money most of the time and in the end, cheat on each other. Those were the ends of the news that would be presented on the internet in the town. Hopefully, the little teen won't think of the black-haired guard like that. Like a toy to play with as he might never know what being humble means.

At the moment of arrival, he stepped out of the car, got the bag over his shoulder, and glancing around, went towards the main entrance. Didn't need to give a single knock as doors opened with one of the butlers greeting him with a bow.

“Good day, sir,” he told as the new guard just shook his head.

“No need for formalities, sir. You and I are on the same level” said with a small bow back.

Butler was happy to hear that as took the bag telling to go with the eldest maid to Mr. Kim’s office for an official first greeting.

The guard nodded understanding there is no time to waste. The situation seemed more serious than on the files. Following the lady, that wasn’t as polite, made him think of what person she was. The eldest maid usually is nice, and gentle, and teaches newcomers. However, this one seemed dangerous. More like one of those he was warned about. The close-up killers.

“Mr. Kim is waiting for you” she simply said glaring up and down the guard before leaving him in front of the big, dark oak doors.

The breath in and out after the maids leave escaped the guard's body before he knocked and once let, entered inside just to be met by an ample space of an office.

The black wooden floors with white carpet under the small coffee table surrounded by four small cushions and one large. Walls filled with different books and files. Not even a single family photo for guests to see. It felt heavy. At the end of the coffee table was another oak table for the owner of the mansion. Mr. Kim. He was already an elder, who seemed to be too busy with work to even lift his eyes up to see who was let in his office.

“Good morning, sir” the guard spoke first as come in front of the desk.

“Um?” a small sound come from the elder as he lifted his head hearing an unfamiliar voice and smiled checking who it was. “Oh, you must be…” he stopped trying to find the file he got from his friend.

“Min Yoongi, sir. Your new guard” explained reminding him what he was named.

“Ah yes. Min Yoongi. Age 21 right? You are a bit older than my son. Be gentle with him and don't cross the line. There is no dating. No flirting. My son has to be left untouched” he explained getting a nod from a guard was happy to see such strong and understanding alpha in front of him.

“Yes, sir” was a simple answer that the alpha spoke while looking strong with hands behind his back, a strong straight posture, and a well-ironed lean suit.

“Glad to hear. My son is young, only 18 years old. He is a simple boy who is maybe a  bit spoiled. You will be paid 25000 won per hour. So I hope you understand how good this position is and won't mess it up” warned him not to mess with his son's personal life and follow like a good guard dog. “And this is the card you use for gas when you drive my son around,” said pushing a black card with code written on it.

“Yes, sir. I understood my task” bowed taking the card and placing it into his black wallet moments before doors swung open with loud steps stomping inside.

“Dad! I don't need another idiot to guard me” he protested seeing some alpha standing there like a pole. “For real? He is short like a gnome” omega growled not getting a flinch from that pole. “You better do as I say or I will make your life hell” he rolled his eyes not getting his father's reaction just left.

Father sighed deeply seeing his son was really misbehaving and being impolite. He couldn’t say sorry for his son's behavior as he enforced it himself. Being the only parent left instead of spending time with his son, he used the money to buy whatever he wanted after his wife suddenly left. No one knew what had happened. None of the maids understood this sudden departure and disappearance. Mr. Kim tried to find her all around the country. He traveled to the places she loved, saw airports, and even bought a secret agent’s time to help him. Even with this effort, she was gone. There was not even a tray for the use of the card. Up till now, he doesn’t even know if she is alive. Whatsoever, he never dated or even thought of doing so. Though angry at her, he never took their wedding ring off. Felt if he did, she really would be gone.

“Don’t mind him, Yoongi. My son… might be a bit spoiled but he is a gentle kid. You will come to like him. But not too much” Mr. Kim eyed alpha to insure other knew his place.

“Yes, sir” answered simply showing he had n

Please log in to read the full chapter