chapter 3

差距2永恒

The melody that comes out of Khun Sam's throat while she is looking at something on her computer makes me raise my eyebrow in wonder. I had to smile because, though she still has her poker face on, I can feel the happy aura around her. When I walk around to take a look, see that she's selecting a place for some ceremony.

"What are you doing ka, Khun Sam?" You're singing too. I thought you were watching ."

"If I'm watching , why would I be singing?" I would be ooouu aaaahh ooowwee."

"Ai Bah (you crazy girl) !" I laughed and hit her on the shoulder once, but she didn't flinch. "What are you looking at?"

"I'm looking at where we should hold the ceremony, OUR wedding ceremony."

"That fast? Mon just said yes." I'm shocked at how much of a hurry she's in. Khun Sam folds down her notebook screen and walks over to me with her hands in her pajamas' pockets.

"I can't risk you changing your mind. I have to plan early so nothing goes wrong. Yeh!"

"No need to rush. We'll be together for the rest of our lives."

"I can't wait to see you in a wedding gown. I know every woman dreams of being in a wedding gown."

"I don't have that big a dream. When it comes to Khun Sam, just us living together is enough."

"That won't do. Tee played that big, honoring her girlfriend, how can I lose?"

"So it's about not wanting to lose to P Tee? I thought you really wanted to marry Mon." I pretend to sulk, saying that with a slight change of tone in my voice. The sweet-faced lady reached over and flicked her fingers on my forehead so hard that I leaned back.

"Ouch! Why did you hit me?"

"Of course I want to marry you. I'm the one who's eager for it to happen; don't forget that." Khun Sam continues to hum as she walks over to an empty area in front of her computer table and elaborates on what she's thinking. "Our wedding will have a pink and white theme. The ceremony will consist of all the big CEOS that come to congratulate us. Then, I will fast-rope from a helicopter to give a bouquet to Mo."

"Stop right there. That's playing it too big. No, Khun Sam, don't fool around."

"Who's fooling around. I'm serious. I will fast-rope from a computer."

"Helicopter."

"Oh, yes." Khun Sam seems a bit confused as L she rephrases. "From a helicopter as I sing a song | composed... helicopter, copter, where will you go? I will go everywhere; go to the stars; I will take you there on a rocket"

LOL

I forgot about sulking and laughed as I heard the song she composed. Khun Sam looks agitated and frowns when she sees me laugh, not understanding why I'm laughing.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Your helicopter song. It has rocket too?"

"I composed it myself. Never played or sung anywhere before, you're the first to listen to it, and you laugh!"

"Really? When did you compose it?"

"When I was in grade school. Khun Nueng can play the piano, and Khun Song can draw, but I don't have any special talent. So I tried composing a song and got this: I'm very proud of it." She makes a long face and crosses her arms. I lean in to hug her as I try to lighten her mood, but still can't stop laughing.

"Why are you so cute, wanting to do what your older sisters do? And what's the inspiration for the helicopter song?"

"Toys in the house. There was a battery-operated helicopter, so I composed this song, but only one verse. So it has become my inspiration for fast-roping from a helicopter to hand tua a bouquet!"

She still insists on fast-roping from the sky like the red eagle la hero novel that was made into a movie.) I shake my head with a smile and tell her what I really want.

"You don't have to do that. I like something simple. Just a ceremony with the people who really know and love us. That's enough. No need to invite any CEOs"

"It would not be grand. Ai Tee had people hold up paper signs; how can I lose to that."

"You don't have to win every time. You won my heart, isn't that enough?"

"That's..."

"Just you and me at the ceremony. Party with friends and a bit of dancing. That's enough."

"Dance? Tua want to dance?"

"Well... a bit." I say shyly and put my arms around her neck. "Mon will put my arms around Khun Sam's neck like this, and Khun Sam." I put both her hands on my waist; "hold Mon as we dance together slowly."

We slowly move our bodies and dance to the rhythm and melody of Pachelbel's Canon in D, which I hum.

"Look at each other in the eyes while saying love you. That's all Mon wants."

"Can we kiss while we dance?"

"Of course, if Khun Sam is not embarrassed."

"Can we sing helicopter while we kiss? I want the world to know this song."

"Go for it. Haha."

Khun Sam dances with me and leans down to kiss me. So our wedding will be simple, with Cannon in D and her helicopter songs playing in the background. It doesn't have to be exciting. I prefer something like this. As we were dancing, Khun Sam frowned and came to a complete stop before putting her hands over her eyes.

"What's the matter ka?" I look at her curiously. The romantic mood we created disappeared in a flash when she did that, and it's very worrying.

"I suddenly got a headache. Argggg." She groans as I help her to sit down.

"Sleep on the sofa first na ka. Mon will get you some medicines"

"It's ok. I'll be better after I lay on your lap for a while." She pulls me down to sit and lays on my lap. "Please pat me on the head"

Khun Sam is hard on the outside but soft on the inside. If you don't know her really well, you wouldn't know that there are moments when she likes someone to pat her on the head or play with her hair when she lays down. I do as she asks, but I continue to ask with concern.

"Your headache hasn't gone away? When was the last time you went to the doctor?"

"It's just a migraine; there's no need to go see a doctor." "It's better to go get a checkup." Don't make Mon worry."

"I will not die."

"Khun Sam has to go see a doctor from time to time, at least get a checkup."

"How did the topic change from our wedding to my checkup?" She frowns disapprovingly like a stubborn kid. "I don't like seeing the doctor. They like to exaggerate and make us nervous"

"Was your migraine diagnosed by the doctor or by you?"

"This won't do. You have to go see a doctor. If you don't obey your wife, who will you obey."

Her eyes become wide open, and she bounces up to sit with a crinkled face, despite her headache. She seems excited by the word "wife" I just used.

"You admit you're the wife?"

"Let's make a deal. If you promise to go to the hospital, I will be the wife every time."

"You mean that?"

"Kha. But you have to go, or Mon will be the husband."

"Well... being the husband is also good sometimes." Khun Sam says this with an innocent poker face. "I'm ok with any role, but I like you calling yourself wife. Eiei."

"Deal then. Go see a doctor and get a checkup to ease my mind. Mon wants Khun Sam to be healthy and be with Mon until we grow old."

"Will you wipe all my poop and pee too?'

"If not Mon, who will?"

"Do you love me that much?"

"Of course."

She lays back down on my lap and laughs happily."

"Ok, I'll find a free time to go."

Our love is blooming. Same for P Tee. For P Kate, it's still on and off. Only P Jim, who's missing on duty, left. P Kate invites everyone to go visit the newborn baby at P Jim's house. At first, Khun Sam hesitates because she doesn't want to get irritated if P Jim tries to break us up again. But when P Kate said that if it weren't for P Jim, we wouldn't be together, Khun Sam had to come without arguing.

The last time was at P Jim's house was two years ago. We all came to give her baby a baby shower when she just gave birth. This is the first visit after that visit two years ago. From the outside, the house is still beautiful and luxurious, showing her status, which she always brags about. However, inside, there are toys and baby stuff scattered all over the place. P Jim greets us with disheveled hair, a bare face, and unshowered; in other words, she is not presentable at all, which is the opposite of how she normally is.

"Who did you go to war with?"

"My kids. I won't tidy up. If you want to come in, come. If not, sit outside."

"You still have no manner, as usual." P Kate shakes her head as she sits on the sofa full of toys. P Tee, Yuki, me, and Khun Sam looked around with regret at what the house had become. It used to be luxurious, a perfect mixture of modern and classic designs. But now it is filled with fluorescent colors, toys, a ball house, a slider, a pump, and a baby cradle. P Jim couldn't find a place to sit, so she just sat on the floor and pulled up the blouse to show her s, causing me to let out a scream.

"What's the matter, Mon? Never seen s before? Ah, E Yoi s are not this big!

"Start with a big mouth, huh." Khun Sam says sarcastically. "Why are you pulling out your s?"

"To feed my kids.!" And P Jim shows us by feeding her baby as she continues to talk to us.

"Why are you all here? Got nothing to do?"

"Why are you picking a fight with us? We're your friends. We're visiting because we're worried because you've gone silent and don't seem lively like yourself." P Kate signs and explains. "You look horrible."

"This is what you look like when you have a husband and kids." P Jim expression shows how weary she is of being a wife and mom. "I can't go anywhere because I have to take care of the baby. Even if I go out with you guys, I have to hurry home because I'm worried about my kids. Look E Tee, this is married life."

P Tee just looks around quietly without replying. Khun Sam, who's been listening for a while, can't help but interrupt.

"I've lived with Mon for five years. I don't see anything bad about couple life."

"You can say that because your feelings haven't changed. Wait until it does."

"See? That's why I said we shouldn't have come. This is upsetting." Khun Sam says this with a grumpy face and her arms crossed. "I will not change. I'm sure of that"

"Fine. I'll wait and see. Talks are cheap. But I have changed, and I am looking for a way to get out of this wife and mom role. Do you know how many times I have cried because I felt sorry for myself before you arrived? Sometimes I just want to jump out of the window and kill myself to end this.

We all look at P Jim's face and see that her eyes are swollen, with dark circles around them like someone who hasn't slept. She must be really tired.

"I think you have to go see a doctor." P Kate tells her, looking concerned. "Maybe you're having postpartum depression because a fun-loving person like you would never talk about death."

"There is no such sickness. It's all made up. I know myself best.!

"It's better to go see a doctor anyway."

"True kha." I support. "Your symptoms are like postpartum depression. Maybe P Jim would feel better after talking to the doctor."

"I don't want to. Doctors always exaggerate."

Khun Sam sits with her back straight, agreeing with P Jim. I squint at the person who said the exact same thing a few days ago and shake my head knowingly.

"That's exactly what Khun Sam said. What is it with going to see the doctor? It's just getting a checkup."

"How about this? You find someone to look after your kids for a day, and I'll make a doctor's appointment, and go with you. If the doctor says that you are fine, then it's just that you're a bad person for wanting to get a divorce." P Kate suggests.

"Of course it's just me being me. But ok, at least I get to go out, even if it's a hospital."

"That's great. Please make an appointment for Khun Sam too." I say as I rub Khun Sam's back.

"Khun Sam has frequent headaches. Mon want her to get a checkup to see if it's something serious, so I don't worry."

"Ok, then we all go. I'll check my schedule and let you know my free days. E Tee, do you want to go see a doctor too?"

P Tee who's sitting quietly like she's thinking about something, turns to look at us with a dazed look like she hasn't been listening at all.

"What?"

"You didn't listen to our conversation at all? What are you thinking about?" P Kate says baring her teeth at her.

The handsome lady smiles dryly and scratches her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I was thinking about this and that."

P Jim looks at P Tee knowingly. They stare at each other like they are talking with their eyes.

"I know what you're thinking, but I won't say anything!

"I'm not thinking about anything. So what were you talking about? I wasn't listening."

"Phi Phi (vour friends) will take P Jim and Khun Sam to see the doctor kha." Yuki, who's sitting next to her, replies like a translator. P Tee nods.

"Ah, good. Do you want me to go with you?"

"You go prepare your wedding." P Jim tells P Tee with a smile. "IF you still want to get married."

"You' re killing the mood again. E Sam will be irritated." P Kate mutters. Khun Sam nods in agreement. When I see that they are starting to fight again, I get up and ask P Jim if I can hold the baby.

"P Jim, can Mon hold the baby ka?"

"Take her. You can throw her out the window if you want."

"Crazy . That's your kid." P Kate shakes her head. I take P Jim's adorable daughter into my arms and sway. P Jim's daughter has pale skin like her mother. Her face is a photocopy of her father's. I stared into her sweet, big eyes like I was caught in a spell. I have to look away and turn to Khun Sam.

"So cute kha, Khun Sam. Mini Jim." I say as sway the adorable baby, who's laughing happily. She's probably in a good mood after being fed.

"Not mini. Huge like her mother. You have to call her Big Jim.

"Herrr. You talk like this even to a baby." P Tee massaged her temple. "At least you still have your sense of humor. From the start, you're just all stressed out."

"Tua looks good holding a baby."

Khun Sam compliments me without paying attention to her friends, who are listening. "Do you like kids?"

"Yes kha. Mon likes kids. Kids make the world lively."

"Rao like whatever Mon likes."

"Let's go do IVF (Gift) after we get married"