Snob & Snobbie

Snob Society: Most Valuable Patron
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene asked her out!

 

Okay, maybe not that kind of asking her out but still, she asked her out to try a new taco place in town that according to her was supposed to have authentic taste.

 

Seulgi was on the way out of the cinema after catching the earliest screening at Auditorium 2 when she saw the blonde talking to those two gangster-looking men again. She waited, observing from afar until they left before going to greet her. That was when the girl asked what she was planning to do next and if she had eaten her lunch.

 

So here they are now, queuing for tacos. The place is extremely crowded; it has only been opened for a week. Irene apologized to her immediately when they reached there and saw the long line, but Seulgi told her that it was okay and she didn't mind waiting in line. Of course she doesn't mind, in fact she prefers the line to be long so she would have more time to spend with the girl.

 

"Should we order it to go and find somewhere else to eat?" Irene suggests.

 

"Sure, we can turn this into a picnic at the park instead." It's slowly turning more and more like a date and she feels giddy just imagining it.

 

"Great idea!" She beams. "Do you like tacos?"

 

"It's a bit late to ask me that now, isn't it?" She teases.

 

"Well, you were so excited when I asked you so I thought it shouldn't be a problem." She counter attacks.

 

'That was because you asked me out, you idiot!' She clears , feeling called out. "Honestly, I've never tried it before."

 

"Shut up!" Irene smacks her arm with the back of her hand - apparently, this girl is violent. "Are you for real?"

 

"Yeah, we rarely see a taco place here."

 

"Huh.. I used to live in the States and this is like a staple food there even though it's originally a Mexican food," she explains before looking at Seulgi with twinkling eyes. "Just wait, I'm about to change your life, Kang Seulgi."

 

'You have no idea, Bae Joohyun.' She her lips, thinking of a funny comeback but can't really find one. "Nah, I'm sure I'm more of a simple tteokbokki and jjajangmyeon kind of gal."

 

Irene narrows her eyes at her. "Wow, for someone who watches foreign films all the time you sure.."

 

".. are very narrow-minded." She finishes the sentence for her. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, enough teasing me with that line already."

 

"I was going to say that you have a boring taste, but that line works too." The blonde giggles. "You started it. Be prepared hearing it for the rest of your life."

 

She only rolls her eyes in response while her mind dissects that sentence. For the rest of her life? That's such a bold promise for two people who are acquaintances at best. 

 

Turns out, the taco doesn't really change her life and she's using that fact to taunt Irene. "It's good, but our own street food are much better."

 

Irene only shrugs at that. "You have a very boring tongue. You need to put it to good use and do more exploring with that."

 

She chokes pathetically hearing that to the point that Irene has to help her drink some water.

 

'Yeah, of course she's straight. No lesbian would say such thing with such innocent face.'

 

-

 

For once their conversation doesn't revolve around movies, probably because they're not at the cinema anymore - not that they talk much about movies in the first place but it often centers around it while they're at The Arthouse. In fact, she makes the effort today to not mention anything related to movies, remembering how Irene said she didn't care about it that night when they fought. They get to know each other better, talking about childhood and siblings; both apparently have none.

 

The way Irene speaks about her childhood intrigues her. Sometimes she finds inconsistencies in her stories like she's either making them up or she's hiding something. However, Seulgi doesn't probe. Their teenage years were a decade ago and their childhood days were two decades ago. It's perfectly normal that she's forgetting and mixing up things.

 

On the way back, they pass by a movie theatre - a regular one - and Seulgi catches the poster of a superhero movie she has been meaning to watch. She spontaneously asks the girl, "Hey, have you watched the new Doctor Strange movie?"

 

"Not yet. I wanted to, I just have been a bit busy these days."

 

"It has Rachel McAdams in it," she informs her, just in case she didn't know.

 

"I know." Irene nods. "That's why I wanted to watch it."

 

This is her chance. "Do you want to watch it now.. with me?" she asks, pointing to the cinema building, acting as smooth as she can.

 

Irene turns to look at the direction Seulgi pointed, seeing the poster of the mentioned movie. "Oh, you snobs watch normal people's movies too?" Her tone is playfully annoying.

 

She stops herself from rolling her eyes, knowing full well this is all happening because of her own fault. "Yes, Irene, I watch fun movies too."

 

"And you're calling it movies instead of films as how you usually refer to the ones we screen at The Arthouse." She points out before mocking the people of her kind. "Snobs."

 

She fakes annoyance and pretends to walk away. "Okay, you're no longer invited. I'm gonna go watch it alone and marvel at Rachel McAdams' beauty all by myself."

 

Irene laughs and pulls her arm to stop her. "I'm just playing with you. But you need to back off though, Rachel McAdams is mine!" 

 

Seulgi loses her balance because of the pull and bumps her body into Irene's, entirely closing the gap between them. "S- sorry." She apologizes and takes a step back while mulling over what Irene had just said, wondering if she was telling her something but remembers that her straight friends sometimes say the gayest things about celebrities as well. It doesn't mean they're gay.

 

"Sorry." Irene apologizes as well, albeit in a calmer way, and holds her by the elbow to help balancing herself. "I'd love to watch it with you, but I can't today. I actually have a dinner plan," she says regretfully.

 

"Oh." She checks her watch and sees that it's already late in the afternoon. 'Dinner with your special someone?' She so badly wants to ask. "Okay, no problem," she says instead, disappointed. Who knows when there will be another Rachel McAdams' movie that she could use as an excuse to ask Irene out for.

 

"How about tomorrow? Are you free tomorrow?" Irene suddenly asks.

 

It feels like her entire body lights up. "Yeah, I can certainly do tomorrow," she answers, a little too quickly, a little too enthusiastically.

 

"Great!" Irene giggles adorably. "Give me your phone."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Give me.. your phone." She repeats slowly, as if talking to a toddler.

 

She gives her phone to Irene and watches her putting her number in it. 'Holy . Holy . Holy .'

 

"Text me later so we can arrange the time and place." The girl gives her phone back and she receives it gratefully. The value of her old device has jumped way up.

 

"Okay. Why don't we just watch it here?" she asks, pointing to the cinema behind her while mentally slapping herself in the head for almost losing the excuse to text Irene.

 

"Yeah, sounds good."

 

"Okay, I'll text you to arrange the time then? I need to check my class schedules." She reasons, even though she has memorized her classes for this week.

 

They part ways at the junction before The Arthouse; Irene going back to finish her work while Seulgi walks to the nearest bus stop to go home. It's only then that she realizes that she has a dinner plan as well. 

 

-

 

It's Moonbyul's birthday today. They just had a group dinner together before making their way to their favourite club at Itaewon. When their friends are all getting crazy on the dance floor and they're no longer hogging her best friend, Seulgi sits next to Moonbyul at their table and keeping her up to date with her latest development with Irene.

 

Of all the things she shared with Moonbyul, of course her best friend is particularly interested in one thing only: Seulgi's boring tongue.

 

"Dude, she was definitely flirting with you! She clearly wanted you to use your tongue to explore her-"

 

She slaps her friend's mouth with a coster before she could continue with her dirty imagination, which honestly makes her feel all sorts of way.

 

"What did you say to her after she said that to you?" she enquires.

 

"Nothing. I just laughed and played innocent," she says simply. Moonbyul definitely doesn't need to know the part where she ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter