Growing Pains

THAT I WAS ONCE BY YOUR SIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Mom, how are you?"

 

Even though he asked that question, he know mom is not feeling well. She looks very pale and sick.

 

"Since I saw my son in law face, I am feeling better. Where are you coming from? Where is Kyu and Kihyun?"

 

"Kyu have to go to work. Mom's Kihyun went to school. After I sent him school, I come here."

 

"It is been a while I saw Kihyun. I miss my baby. I heard he is not feeling well these day?"

 

"Yes mom. Doctor said he has some problems with heart. But he is feeling better now."

 

"What? My poor baby. He is too young to suffer those. If I can, I want to take all of those from him. I am already old enough to die. I am very sorry for all of you to keep troubling because of me."

 

"Don't say liked that mom. We are really thankful to be with you. And medicine and treatment are very upgraded nowadays. You will live more years healthily."

 

"That's true. But Hae, everyone are going to die one day. We are all working hard, enduring hard and struggling hard while waiting for the day to come. What important is to die peacefully with no regrets. Hae-ah, I want to die peacefully."

 

Donghae felt sad to hear her saying those. But he doesn't know how to comfort her.

 

"Mom, you have nothing to regret. You did everything for your children and family. You are a good mom."

 

She nobbed her head but didn't say anything.

 

"Mom, here. Please use these for your medical bill."

 

Donghae said and gave the money to her hand.

 

"No, Hae-ah. I don't want to take these. I have enough."

 

"These are what we earned with our hard work. We want to give these to you. Please don't refuse it, mom"

 

Mom sadly looked at Hae and finally accepted it.

 

 

 

........................

 

 

"What? You already went and gave the money to mom?"

 

Kyu Surprisingly asked.

 

"Yes, Kyu. If we didn't do that, we will be bad sons."

 

"But, that ring is yours. If I bought it for you, I will not be sad. But that ring, you buy it with your hard work. Now you have to sell it because of me. I am the worst husband."

 

Donghae hugged his husband.

 

"We are the family, Kyu. Your family is my family. Your mom is my mom. So your problem is mine. Don't blame yourself. I don't care if I can't wear the ring. What I care is we can finally solve the problems. You will not be blamed by your hyung."

 

Donghae tried to comfort his husband. Actually he feels sad to sell his ring. But he doesn't want Kyu to know that. To hide his emotions, he moved his attention to Kihyun who is playing with robot in the living room.

 

His son doesn't know his parents problem. That is actually the best for him to not know.

 

Kyuhyun looked at his husband and know that Hae is feeling sad. He sighed deeply.

 

 

...............

 

 

Since today is Sungmin birthday, he took some of the employee and treated at Fantasy Bar.

 

Everyone enjoyed the dinner happily.

 

"Our dear manager, from your birthday today to next hundred years, may you be happy with someone who will love you forever."

 

"Yayyyyyyy."

 

"And find that someone special within this year"

 

"Bravoooooo"

 

"Cheerrrr"

 

"Let's eat and have fun. Manager-nim, we will not go home untill we are full and wasted."

 

"Fine. Stay as much as you all want. I have enough money to treat you all."

 

"Manager-nim, Kyuhyun said he want to bring food to home as well"

 

Changmin start his usual teasing.

 

"Yah Changmin. When did I said that? It is you who said that you will bring food to home, if we can't eat anymore."

 

"Changmin, you are unbelievable. You looked liked someone who is starving for a month."

 

Yunho from finance department .

 

"Hey, shut up."

 

"Everyone, enjoy yourself. And we still have to eat cake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter