Girl Crush

From Me To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, you made it." Eric grins as soon as Yongsun sits across from him. Yongsun shyly smiles as she tucks loose strands of hair behind her ear. "You look really good."

"Thank you. Did you wait long?" 

"No, I just got here." Eric answers, gently pushing the menu towards Yongsun. "What are you having? I was told that their pasta is really good."

"I'll just have what you're having, I guess." Yongsun smiles, taking her eyes off the menu to scan the place. "This place is really.. cute."

"Too much?" Eric asks, running his hand on the back of his head due to embarrassment. "Well, kind of my fault as I've asked my little sister's opinion for a nice shop. I should've known that she would pick a shop where in they have swings for chairs."

Yongsun laughs softly, thinking of her words carefully. "No, it's totally fine. It's.. interesting."

"That's good to know." Eric says breathlessly and proceeded to call the waitress to place their order. "Even telling the waitress our order is embarrassing.."

"It was funny how you ordered Love-Love sundae with extra whipped cream." Yongsun teases.

"Why do they even named their foods like that?" Eric whines, covering his face with his hands as he feels his face heating up. "That was so embarrassing."

"You were fine." Yongsun says.

"On the more serious note, you must've been wondering why I messaged you out of the blue."

"That and how you got my contact details." Yongsun says. Before moving to Seoul, her older sister, Yonghee made her deactivate all of her social media accounts and change her contact number in fear of their mother using those to track them. Only a handful of people know Yongsun's contact details as she's been very careful on giving it out.

"You could say that you've piqued my interest the moment I saw you." Eric confessed as he hives her a smile. "I remember seeing you as you pass through the school gates."

Yongsun could feel herself inwardly cringing on Eric's take on being flirty. It felt so unnatural and forced. Her mind instantly thought of Byulyi, how her cheeky roommate can be so greasy most of the time that absolutely drives Yongsun crazy as she's usually the receiving end of Byulyi's weird affection.

"I can say that I wasn't the only one curious of how someone could get past the icy walls of those untouchable friends of yours." Eric chuckles as he pertains to her friends.

"I don't think I'm following you." Yongsun states, frowning at Eric's chosen description of her friends. The loser crew always keep to themselves but she never really thought there are people who see them as cold and intimidating.

"I don't know if you just don't notice it since you're always together but that best friend of yours, she's quite a celebrity in school. She's well known not only a genius in any sports but also excels in academics."

Yongsun did not need Eric to point that out. She knows how serious Byulyi can be when it comes to academics. She hasn't seen Byulyi play soccer yet but basing on how everyone highly praise the handsome silver-haired woman, she's rest assured that Byulyi is good at what she does. Yongsun can see how students and staff at school celebrate and worship her cheeky roommate.

"Funny how a lot of women go crazy over her perfect and mysterious vibes." Eric laughs, shaking his head. "In my personal opinion, having an exquisite taste in fashion that screams old money does all the job."

Yongsun could hear the slight bitterness in Eric's voice even if the latter is smiling as he spoke.

She almost scoffed at Eric's statement as she always sees Byulyi wearing plain baggy clothing at home with her long silver hair in a messy bun and still look devilishly gorgeous.

Byulyi does exudes the mysterious and girl crush vibes but it is not because of her family's money. If anything, the woman stands out because of her own unique take on her individuality. She fully embraced her androgynous features and accentuated it more by successfully turning it as one of her charming points, making people around her feel authenticity and confidence. Yongsun finds it interesting how people seem to get drawn naturally on Byulyi by her visuals alone, without truly knowing how much more amazing the woman is way past her appearance.

"I know she's your bestfriend but she actually strikes me as odd." Eric continues, oblivious to the visible shift of emotion on Yongsun's face. "She seems arrogant in my opinion."

"You are entitled to your opinion but in her defense, she is really just very careful of who she befriends."

"Doesn't that seem arrogant to you? Does she think that she's somewhat superior that she needs to be picky on who she talks to?" Eric scoffs.

"I can't recall an instance where in she intentionally snubbed someone." Yongsun says, her face hardening.

"But it's all surface area, is it not?" Eric challenges. "She would smile and greet people back but never really put in effort to actually connect with them."

"Connections aren't supposed to be forced. Besides, wouldn't that be too exhausting? Say you have the whole student body admiring you and wants to get close to you, would you actually put in effort to connect with all of them?"

"I'm just saying that she seems ungrateful of the love and support that she's getting from everyone."

"And what makes you say that?" Yongsun snaps, raising her brow at Eric. "You don't know the amount of effort she does on a daily basis to further improve her skills. In my opinion, she is already reciprocating that love and support by being the best that she can be in every training and game she has. Not once was she arrogant about her achievements nor she took advantage of it."

"Calm down, Yongsun." Eric jokes. "I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I am not insulting your bestfriend. I'm also a big fan of her just like everyone else."

It almost took every ounce of Yongsun's willpower not to roll her eyes at the man in front of her.

"And how did you get my number?"

"I'm not proud but I actually asked Yoo Si-ah for your number."

"Si-ah? That pretty first year?" Yongsun asks, wondering why Si-ah would randomly give out her number to someone she's not close with. She has a hunch that Yoo Si-ah probably got her details from her records at the prefect office as she's positive that Si-ah doesn't have her number nor even asked her for it. And after all, the brash first year is a student assistant at the prefect's office. Going over the student records would be an easy task for her. 

"You're prettier though." Eric says, interrupting her thoughts. Yongsun can't put her finger what's wrong but she just can't feel the sincerity on Eric's words. "Anyway, I'm actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter