Good Night

From Me To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun casually sneaks a glance at the silver-haired woman sitting across from her, wondering how her energetic roommate can stay still for such a long time. Despite being on a clock with various study materials to read and essays to write, Byulyi is surprisingly calm and collected.

Yongsun finds herself deeply impressed as she continues to watch Byulyi. 

She smiles a little as she observes some of Byulyi's quirks like how she would occassionally cracks her fingers if she's stuck on something, or how Byulyi twirls her pen between her fingers to keep her hand busy, and even how Byulyi would close her eyes as she slowly turns her head sideways to crack her neck.

She feels bad that Byulyi has been cramming for days now as soccer players are required to take the midterm exams a week early to fully prepare for the start of the season. 

"Unnie, what is it?" Byulyi asks, catching her older roommate by surprise. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes?" Yongsun answers, feeling heat on her face as Byulyi caught her staring. "I'm waiting for you to finish so that we could eat together. Is there anything that you would like to eat?"

Byulyi casually leans back to the chair, arching her back a little as she stretches on her seat. "Don't bother, Unnie. The kids told me that they'll bring dinner later."

Yongsun absent-mindedly nods, watching Byulyi massage her neck with her hands. 

"Unnie, seriously, what's wrong?" 

"I'm just amazed, I think."

"Of what?"

"You." Yongsun answers making Byulyi open her eyes to look at her.

"Where's this coming from?" Byulyi softly chuckles.

"I've thought of that when I was reading your essays." Yongsun says. "Your essays are well-written. You were able to convey your thoughts with precision. I can see that you carefully organized every references you have before ending with the conclusion. Your mastery in vocabulary and grammar were very much accentuated as well. I just want to say that I'm really impressed."

"If you put it that way it feels like you're grading my work, seonsaengnim." Byulyi jokes as she closes her laptop after saving all of her work, a smile forming on her cherry lips. "Thank you for helping me proofread my work despite being busy with your own school works. I appreciate you a lot, Unnie."

"It's almost creepy how much you remember where everything is," Yongsun says, looking at the books that Byulyi used as references, scattered all over the table. "Despite having such a messy workspace."

"Not everyone can be as organized and neat as you, Unnie." Byulyi frowns. "I swear, you're like the only person I know who labels everything. Even the label maker has its own label underneath."

"You have your quirks, I have mine." Yongsun grins, her dimples showing.

"Wouldn't you know?" Byulyi asks knowingly, raising her eyebrow at Yongsun. "You weren't really discreet as you thought you'd be, Unnie."

Yongsun's face heats up as Byulyi teases her. "What, am I not allowed to look at you?"

"You're so awkward, Unnie!" Byulyi laughs loudly at Yongsun's awkward take on being greasy. "That's not how it should be."

With a swift motion, Byulyi's hand is gently caressing Yongsun's cheek.  "I don't know what I like better, your chubby cheeks or your dimples."

"My cheeks are not that chubby." Yongsun says as she swats Byulyi's hand away from her face.

"They look like the tteokbokki that you love so much." Byulyi chuckles, catching Yongsun's hand and gently intertwining their fingers. "My Ddun."

Yongsun could feel her heart starts to pound like crazy. She begins to wonder what could be the possible source, is it because Byulyi called her, hers? Is it because of the adorable pet name Byulyi made especially for her? Is it how her soft and chubby fingers fit so well with Byulyi's long and slender ones? Or is it the way had Byulyi said it?

Before Yongsun could open to retaliate, she feels her phone buzzing on the back of her jeans pocket. Byulyi curiously watches the older woman grinning on her phone.

"What is it?" Byulyi asks as Yongsun frowns.

"Class 4C's Eric Nam just asked me out on a date." Yongsun says, turning her phone towards Byulyi to let her read the message.

"Oh? I didn't know you two know each other." Byulyi nonchalantly says, her brows furrowed. She doesn't personally know the guy but she has seen him play around some athletes. She even remembered her friend, Kang Seulgi, all annoyed at practice one time as that guy kept making a move on her crush, Bae Joohyun.

"I'm surprised, too. I don't think I had the chance to properly talk to him though."

"I think you should be careful, Unnie. He's kind of a player." Byulyi says. She feels the sudden shift on her mood, feeling slightly annoyed for some reason.

"I guess I'll think about it. No harm in trying anyway." Yongsun says, wondering how bad could it be. She always seem to see Eric Nam surrounded by people at school. He seems friendly and nice in her opinion. She caught him staring at her one time and he just smiled shyly at her.

"Seriously, Unnie, I don't think you should bother trying anything with that guy.."

"Hmm.." Yongsun hums. She wonders if she heard a slight hint of anger on Byulyi's voice.

"Unnie, wake me up after 5 minutes." Byulyi yawns. She rests her head sideways on the table, using her arm as a pillow. She does not bother to let go of Yongsun's hand.

Yongsun's heart skips a beat at Byulyi's gesture. It's a wonder how Byulyi can be so naturally greasy with her. She doesn't really see Byulyi flirt with other women but the thought made Yongsun frown.

Byulyi has a lot of admirers, me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter