Another Day

From Me To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Morning, Unnie! You're up early." Wheein smiles as she greets her senior who is currently busy setting the table for their breakfast.

"Good Morning, Wheein-ah." Yongsun turns her head to give Wheein a smile. 

"You made all these, Unnie?" Wheein exclaims excitedly, looking at the huge breakfast feast on the table. It was all their favorite foods. "Can I help?"

Yongsun smiles at how sweet and adorable Wheein can be. "You can wake up Hyejinie and Byulie so that we can all eat together."

Wheein excused herself and run off to the bedrooms, about to wake up Hyejin and Byulyi.

"You look like you slept well, Unnie." Hyejin sleepily greets as she makes her way to her seat. She was never one to wake up early but Wheein excitedly told her that Yongsun made them breakfast and it would be really nice for them to eat together.

Hyejin likes Yongsun's bright personality and respects her senior's bottomless energy and confidence to do everything she sets her mind to. She also like how her senior would take care of them on her own special way. They never thought they would become a little family.

"Thank you for yesterday, Hyejin-ah." Yongsun says earnestly. She remembers how Hyejin stayed by her side as soon as her mother left her room while Wheein was trying to sort the dispute between her Aunt and Yongsun's mother. 

After her mother thrashed her room, Wheein's Aunt came and meddled in. Aunt Lee asked her to talk with her outside, trying to separate her from Yongsun. Aunt Lee must've suspected that the vile woman used force as Yongsun's bottom lip was bleeding. When Mrs. Kim retaliated, Aunt Lee threatened to call the cops. Mrs. Kim gave her daughter a glare and a threat that she'd be back before quickly leaving.

"Don't worry about it, Unnie." Hyejin says, wrapping her arms around Yongsun.

Yongsun smiles at how she's so grateful for the little family she has found here. It's been a long time since she felt safe and comfortable in her home. Ever since her Appa's business started failing, she had always had to endure her Umma's harsh words on top of always witnessing her parents' constant fights. She'd always try to reason with herself that maybe her mother was just really stressed about their financial situation and didn't really mean to be awful to them.

Yongsun's Mother resolved to being physical after Dad died. She got hit a few times before but she just kept trying to understand her mother.

Wheein finally emerges, pulling a sleepy Byulyi on her arm. Byulyi looks so cute that a small chuckle escapes from Yongsun's lips. The two kids just looked at her curiously while Byulyi frowns. Just like Hyejin, Byulyi is not a morning person. 

"Yongsun Unnie looks like she really had a great rest last night." Wheein knowingly whispered to Hyejin who just laughed while looking at Yongsun who is all smiles while putting a lot of the freshly cooked kimchi fried rice on Byulyi's plate, placing a fried egg on top. The kimchi fried rice contains a lot of diced chicken and spicy tuna, just like how Byulyi prefers it. Yongsun even cooked Byulyi's fried egg thoroughly as the latter doesn't like runny eggs.

"Looks like Byul Unnie weren't able to sleep next to her crush." Hyejin whispered back, looking at a gloomy Byulyi who has her head resting on Yongsun's shoulder.

"We could hear you mischievous kids." Byulyi says, sitting up straight. The delicious aroma of the freshly brewed coffee enticing her to take a sip. 

The four women happily started eating, liking the light atmosphere. Yongsun excused herself as she heard her phone ring.

"Unnie, did something good happened last night?" Wheein teased, using the opportunity of Yongsun's absense to make fun of Byulyi.

"Wheein-ah.." Byulyi whines.

"We'll take that as a no?" Hyejin joins, taking a huge bite of ham.

"I'm actually hurt that you would think I'd make a move on her last night." Byulyi feigns hurt as she dramatically shakes her head. "What do you kids even see me as?"

"ert." Hyejin and Wheein both answer at the same time, laughing.

Byulyi almost choked on her drink as she laughs. "Okay, maybe I am but I'm not that bad that I would take advantage of someone's vulnerability. Seriously, what do you take me for."

The kids heartily laughs at their Unnie's expense while the latter just shakes her head at them. She stands abruptly and quickly swatted Hyejin's sausage with her fork, earning an annoyed groan from Hyejin.

Yongsun slowly emerges, looking down.

"Yonghee Unnie called.." Yongsun says. "It seems that she'll be coming here later."

"Sorry, Unnie. Imo must've already told Yonghee Unnie.." Wheein says apologetically. "I told her to give you some time to tell Yonghee Unnie yourself.."

"No, I understand.." Yongsun knows that Wheein's Aunt had every right to tell her sister what happened yesterday. After all, she owns the apartment unit and acts as a guardian not only to Wheein, but to all of them. Her mother not only caused a ruckus but threatened her roommates to stay out of the way as well.  "I'm really embarrassed about what my Umma did.."

"It's not your fault, Yong." Byulyi says, placing her hand on Yongsun's back.

Wheein makes her way to Yongsun and gently hugs her. Her Aunt was about to call the police before going back to the apartment with her but the latter stopped her solely for Yongsun's sake. Wheein advised her to try resolving the feud first before deciding to involve the police.

"Unnie, we'll be here with you.." Hyejin offers, hugging Yongsun.

_

 

"Unnie, don't I even have a say on this?" Yongsun says, feeling frustrated with her sister as Yonghee doesn't listen.

"I can't let you stay here any longer and you know why. Now that Umma knows where you're staying, do you think she'll stop with what happened yesterday?" Yonghee reasons impatiently, her voice getting louder. "Worst case scenario is that she'll give out your address to loansharks like what she did to us back home."

Yongsun flinches at the thought of loansharks harassing her roommate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter