Chapter 8

Mutual First Love // Park Seonghwa

 

The council trip had come to an end and there was another week of school vacation left - Seonghwa and Yeonwoo would hang out together quite a lot mainly at Yeonwoo’s house since his parents were quite busy - they had more privacy there and could act like a couple together without a problem.

 

It was a Friday - with school starting on Monday the two decided to go see a movie together and then go for dinner together afterwards, Seonghwa was on his way to pick up Yeonwoo from his place and he felt a little odd for some reason he wasn’t sure why at first but he narrowed it down to it being nerves of going outside with Yeonwoo for the first time since they made things official.

 

When he arrived at Yeonwoo’s house he was a little surprised to see a car parked in the driveway - he could tell it wasn’t Yeonwoo’s mothers or fathers so he curiously headed inside.

 

When he got in he was a little surprised to see Yeonwoo holding two little toddlers but he also couldn’t help but smile seeing Yeonwoo with kids.

 

“Oh hyung you’re here?” Yeonwoo asked and Seonghwa hummed - A female figure came out of another room and Seonghwa instantly recognized her, she was from the family photos - she was Yeonwoo’s older sister.

 

“Noona we are heading out now” Yeonwoo said as he placed the toddlers down - “Yejin, Yeji be good and listen to your mom and dad okay?” Yeonwoo asked and they both nodded, Yeonwoo gave his sister a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing his coat and heading out the door with Seonghwa.

 

The two walked side by side and took the bus to the mall where they already reserved their tickets, they bought some snacks and headed into the room - they chose a random movie neither of them had watched so they were both anticipating it.

 

Little did the two know that they were being watched quite intently.

 

Once the lights went off the two held hands and shared a kiss or two - they knew it was risky but they fully believed no one would see them in the dark and as the movie went by they just enjoyed themselves and watched it.

 

When the lights came back on they heard the noise of a camera but both believed it was just someone taking a selfie to post on social media, so they walked around the mall a little before heading to dinner.

 

The restaurant was quite familiar to Seonghwa because he would usually meet his father there whenever his father felt the need to see him for something. The two took their seats and held hands under the table - they really didn’t think anyone was really paying attention to them.

 

They are their meal and shared some of it with one another and then started heading home - when they got to Yeonwoo’s house they stopped behind a big tree in Yeonwoo’s yard and they shared a quick goodbye kiss before they happily went their own ways.

 

They both went to bed being happy that they could have a little date like this.

 

For the rest of the weekend Yeonwoo spent time with his sister and her husband and their kids and Seonghwa spent time with Hongjoong and his mother.

 

They talked over the weekend on the phone and when Monday came around they both felt quite excited because they could see one another easier and more often than they did over the last week of vacation.

 

When they got to school they noticed that everyone was looking at them but they tried not to pay attention to it even though it was really odd.

 

The moment Hongjoong came running over they knew it was odd because the boy wouldn’t easily run to them - especially because he seemed panicked about something.

 

“I  think you should come to the council room” Hongjoong said seriously, Yeonwoo and Seonghwa shared a look and hurriedly followed Hongjoong.

 

When they got to the council room the other boys were already there and Yeosang was sitting in front of the computer with the schools student portal open on the anonymous forum  and right there on the front page was a collection of pictures and in those pictures were Yeonwoo and Seonghwa on their date they went on, on Friday.

 

There was silence at first but Seonghwa was close to exploding from anger - they all knew who it was immediately without question - the only person who had something against both Seonghwa and Yeonwoo was Taekyung so even without questioning they knew exactly who was behind it.

 

“I am going to find him” Seonghwa said in a low voice and turned around heading towards the door but Yeonwoo stopped him.

 

“Hyung he isn’t worth getting expelled, they are already busy with his expulsion so let’s just keep it together for the time being this will just add to his case - we have our friends on our side so it’s okay” Yeonwoo said in a shaky voice, it immediately snapped Seonghwa out of his anger and he hugged Yeonwoo.

 

“I am sorry I should’ve been more careful,” Seonghwa said softly.

 

“Hyung it takes two to tango - we are both at fault here, let’s just get through the day okay?” Yeonwoo said with a small smile but Seonghwa still felt guilty - he didn’t really care what his dad thought of him because Hongjoong’s mother already accepted him for who he was but he was worried about Yeonwoo with his parents because they didn’t know and Yeonwoo was so worried about his parents reputation he knew the boy was beating himself up.

 

When the first bell rang San and Wooyoung along with Yunho, Yeosang and Mingi placed themselves around Yeonwoo - giving off the aura of ‘don’t you dare mess with him’ - San, Wooyoung and Yeonwoo went to their class first and Taekyung was sitting on Yeonwoo’s desk with a big smirk plastered on his face.

 

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t our class’s representative gay boy~” he said as he got up, a few students rolled their eyes at him and looked over to Yeonwoo who had no expression on his face,

 

“I don’t even know what I expected of you, you truly are such a waste of perfect oxygen” Taekyung said as he got closer, San and Wooyoung stepped out in front on Yeonwoo cutting off Taekyung from Yeonwoo’s view.

 

Yeonwoo stood frozen behind San and Wooyoung and Taekyung just kept making remarks that got more and more homophobic.

 

“Taekyung you truly are such a disgusting human being” someone yelled and slowly everyone started agreeing with the person who said it first - Taekyung’s face paled a little seeing that his remarks didn’t go the way he wanted.,

 

San and Wooyoung smiled a little - “You didn’t think that after bullying almost everyone in this school and blackmailing them that your attempt at hurting your friends would work right?” San asked him.

 

Slowly everyone started throwing hateful words at Taekyung and before they knew it the boy ran out of the class.

 

“Yeonwoo!” a girl called out with a big smile. “We are happy for you okay? So don’t you dare run away or hurt the school president okay?” she said seriously and Yeonwoo could only find himself nodding a little.

 

He didn’t expect support, he expected to be hated or even bullied for his relationship but seeing that he had support of his classmates his anxiety slowly started melting away.

 

When break time came around San and Wooyoung happily reenacted the whole scene that happened in their classroom and Seonghwa held Yeonwoo tightly happy that he didn’t get hurt by his classmates.