seokjin.

it takes two to tango

To be honest, both of them are not the touchy type especially in public.

Yoongi doesn’t really mind, actually, and Namjoon seems the same as well, and they love each other plenty in private so he never bothered about it.

Until a few days later Seokjin asks him rather confused, while hanging out in their usual café, while Yoongi working on a new project at the moment in front of his laptop while he waits for Namjoon to be done with his work. “Do you guys ever hold hands before?”

“What are you, a Kindergartener?” Yoongi scoffs, buries himself in front of the monitor, soon grunts follows. Not one of Seokjin’s shenanigans again.

Even without him looking at Seokjin, Yoongi knows that the older man is pouting at him right now. “Yeah, I am, so what.” Yoongi scoffs again in reply. “Seriously! Have you, really?”

Grunting, Yoongi responses, “Yes, yes, we did, you old man, we even got married, satisfied now?”

“But I never saw you guys hold hands before?”

What’s with him today?, Yoongi internally grunts, before he finally looks up, only to find that Seokjin is serious with his question by the way he intently stares at him. “Hyung, seriously?” Seokjin sharply nods with that serious look of his. “Seriously?”

Soon Seokjin laughs, which Yoongi self-identify it as a windshield-like, as he flaps his hands in front of the younger man, sounds satisfied with the latter’s reaction. “Nah, I’m kidding, but really, I never saw you guys held hands so that was why I’m wondering about it.”

“We even did racier things, wanna hear about it?”

“If you want to be labelled as ert in public, sure.”

Right, Kim Seokjin with his limitless non-boundaries, Yoongi would rather not risk it. “No, thank you.”

“But if you want to tell me in private, sure. Gonna judge you hard, though.”

“Really?” Seokjin shrugs, eyes teasing Yoongi more than ever. “I’ll ask Namjoon then.” He adds, pulls out his phone and ready to call Namjoon, but soon Seokjin pushes his hand away. “Why, you said you wanna hear it.”

Groaning, Seokjin pouts as he leans back to his chair and hisses, “As much as I’d love to, I’d rather not, thanks.” Yoongi cackles in reply, put his phone back as his eyes returns to his monitor. “Hey, Yoongi-ah, can I ask you something?”

Yoongi hums in reply, but soon exclaims, “If you ask about holding hand again I will not come here again as your costumer.” Seokjin was about to open his mouth in protest as Yoongi adds, “Or even ordered your special cake for Christmas anymore.”

“That’s not what I wanna ask, excuse you??” he fumes, as Yoongi cackles again, but Seokjin exclaims, “Please still order it, though. Please.

Even without Seokjin’s plead Yoongi will always order it, though, it’s Namjoon’s favorite after all. “Yes, yes, I get it, so what is it?”

“Then how do you spend time with him?”

He frowns, rather baffled, but might as well humour Seokjin for now. “Uhhh eat together? Watching TV together? Sleep together?”

Seokjin tilts his head, looks confused. “You guys sounds so married.”

I know, right?” Yoongi deadpans, not-so-hints of sarcasm in his tone. “Yeah, yeah, it’s baffling, I know.”

“What’s baffling?” a deep, familiar voice asks, which both of them spontaneously looks up, only to find Namjoon stares at them in confusion.

Yoongi scoffs, slowly getting ready to go by putting things back to his bag as he replies, “Our marriage, apparently.”

The youngest man frowns in response, couldn’t grasp both the situation and the atmosphere. “Huh? Why? Weren’t you there as our groomsman, Hyung? And gave the speech back then?”

Right, the image of Seokjin bawled his eyes out in the middle of his speech is actually hilarious when Yoongi remembered it again—and then he remembered that he couldn’t laugh it off back then since he was, in fact, cried too (a bit, a bit, is what Yoongi willing to admit). “See, Hyung, Namjoon’s here, just ask him away.”

“No, it’s—” Seokjin frowns, looks tad displeased as he turns his head to Yoongi, but soon turns his head to Namjoon. “Hey, Namjoon, isn’t Yoongi’s personality became more even worst these days?”

Namjoon soon frowns, “Huh? Not really, what do you mean?”

“He said he doesn’t want us to order his special cake anymore, Namjoon.”

Seokjin exclaims in protest. “I didn’t say that???” Yoongi slightly grimace, trying to stifle his laugh, as he turns his gaze to his bag, ignoring Seokjin who sounds desperate. “Yoongi you little—”

In midst of chaos, Namjoon seems still doesn’t get the situation as he still asks in confusion, “Really? Hyung? I can’t order your cake anymore?”

“God, listen to me!!”


“So what was it really about, Hyung?” Namjoon asks, a fresh cup of warm coffee in his hand, while half of his face buried in his thick scarf, as both of them walking on their way home.

Yoongi shrugs, slowly sips his ice americano—the broadcasted temperature, minus two degrees Celsius, is not going to stop him to have one—as he exclaims, “Just one of his shenanigans, don’t worry too much.”

Namjoon frowns, but soon follow Yoongi to shrug it off. “Well, I appreciate the free coffees though.”

Well, both of their coffees are a bribe from Seokjin for them to get them out from his coffee shop as soon as possible, so. “We can still buy the cake, don’t worry.” A sigh of relief can be heard from Namjoon. “You really like sweet things, huh.”

“Yeah, just how I like you.” Namjoon nonchalantly replies, sipping his coffee after.

Shut up.” The younger man laughs in reply. “No wonder you and Seokjin-hyung are friends.”

“Yeah, yeah, love you too.”

Yoongi scoffs in reply.

As they walk home while throwing small talks in between, Yoongi’s brown eyes wander around their neighbourhood, noticing it’s quieter than usual crowd by how the snow path they crossed has no foot prints but theirs, snows slowly fall from the sky while illuminated under the dim street lights.

Yoongi grips his pocket heater inside of his coat pocket rather tights, waves of air coldness hit them unannounced, as he soon grunts, muttering to himself, “God, today’s really cold.” while burying himself further to his scarfs, cursing under his breath on him forgetting his gloves.

To Yoongi, at least, this year’s December has been pretty colder than usual.

(Is it the effect of global warming? Yoongi isn’t sure, it’s not his area of expertise.)

Hyung.”

“Hmm?”

“Wanna hold hands?”

The older man looks up, finding Namjoon’s gaze already on him, seeps of gentleness of warmth, his right hand already in front of his vision for Yoongi to take.

God, this is Kim Seokjin’s fault who’s being weird today, both of Yoongi’s cheeks and ears feel warm all of sudden. “Won’t… won’t it make us even feels colder if we hold hands?”

Namjoon retracts his hands back, rummaging his jacket pocket before taking out his pocket heaters to show it to Yoongi. “I have this, don’t worry.” He puts it back before he gently offers his hand to Yoongi again. “You can put yours—I mean, your hand—in my pocket so it’ll be extra warm. Practical, isn’t it?”

Namjoon and his brain, seriously. “It does sound practical,” it really is, Yoongi can’t deny that, but he’s embarrassed, embarrassed. “Namjoon-ah.”

“Hm?”

“Give me your heater pocket.”

Albeit looks confused, Namjoon handed him one, “Sure? You’re that cold huh—"

Yoongi reaches the latter’s hand before Namjoon finished his sentence, put both of their hands on his coat pocket, soon intertwined their fingers, eyes refusing to look at Namjoon. “Let’s do it like this.”

A small, surprised oh comes out of Namjoon’s thick lips, but soon his smiles can be heard from his voice. “Sure, it’s really warm this way.” Namjoon soon exclaims, sounds closer than before, hints of endearment in his tone. “Your ears are really red right now, Yoongs.”

Instead of jerking back, Yoongi meet Namjoon’s eyes instead, a hint of smirk in his face. “We both are.”

“Well,” Namjoon’s cheekbone rises, cheeks reddened of cold and Yoongi, “Twinsies?”

Laugh escapes from Yoongi’s lips, sounds baffled but endeared at the same time. “Sure, Twinsies,” he holds Namjoon’s hand tighter inside of his coat pocket, the coldness he felt suddenly dissipated into thin air when he notices the latter bashfully smiles. “Let’s go home.”


[Min Yoongi]

we did hold hands

just not in front of your face

and I’m putting my order for the cake

[Kim Seokjin]

is starting a conversation with a small hello is that hard for you?

and yes I already put you guys name already don’t worry

[Min Yoongi]

we even each other fyi

[Kim Seokjin]

In what world do you think I wanna know that?!

[Min Yoongi]

you said it’s okay if it’s in private

and now we’re in a private convo

see

[Kim Seokjin]

I hate you

[Min Yoongi]

thanks for the free cake hyung

I appreciate it

[Kim Seokjin]

I never said it’s free?!!

yah min yoongi!!