pokémon bread.

it takes two to tango

Today, again, is the day Yoongi got trapped—wrapped—around Namjoon’s arms, albeit looser than usual.

At this point, Yoongi is not surprised anymore, really, but still…

Sighing, Yoongi slightly rolls his body to his sides, facing Namjoon who softly snores, sounds deep asleep, only to sigh again as he gently combs the latter’s hair away from his eyes.

Before he lightly pinches Namjoon’s cheeks to wake him up.

Namjoon scrunches, swatting away the intrusion with his hand, soon in vain when Yoongi’s hand retracted faster than him, grunting “Stop it….” in a rough voice—it doesn’t stop Yoongi for pinches the younger man’s cheeks again, grinning in process. Soon Namjoon fully opens his eyes, hints of annoyance can be seen in his eyes, disgruntled. “Happy, huh?”

“Well,” Yoongi retracts his hand, as the mission of waking up—annoy—Namjoon has been accomplished. “Compared to being bitten on the ear, this is nothing.”

Realization soon expressed on Namjoon’s face, as he sheepishly smiles. “Sorry.” Something is tugging Yoongi’s heart, clenched tight when Namjoon’s smile turns brighter as he greets him. “Good morning, I guess?”

God, Yoongi could never win against Namjoon when he’s cute like this. “Yeah, you too.”

“Can I get a kiss at least?” Soon Namjoon asks, him being bashful makes Yoongi’s heart clenches tighter, “… why are you clenching your fist?”

I wanna kiss you so bad, which translated to Yoongi’s lips as “I don’t think I can live long with you.”

Namjoon sounds confused when he asks, “… sorry?”

“Can I punch you?”

“I’m sorry??”

“Can I punch you?” Yoongi asks again, soon continues, trying to make some sense with his already embarrassed ego. “With… with my lips, I mean.”

“Oh…” Namjoon is confused, blinks several times, trying to process whatever happened to Yoongi, before soon realisation hits. “Oh.” Right now Yoongi really wants to dig a hole and bury his head—or even better, his whole body—for the rest of his life. “Yes, you can, of course, yeah.”

What’s done is done, Yoongi sighs, albeit ashamed of his jumbled words. “Can you do it instead? I’m already embarrassed as I am—” Namjoon soon stops him with his lips, giving him a peck. “—thank you.

“Sorry for being too cute for you to handle especially this morning.” Namjoon exclaims, shows no remorse in his tone. Before Yoongi could protests, Namjoon interjects, “Don’t die too soon though.”

“I don’t have a plan for that, don’t worry.” Yoongi scoffs, jokingly hit Namjoon’s shoulder as he gets up while asks, “Breakfast?”

“Sure, a light one if you will.” Namjoon hums, “We need to catch the bread for today’s agenda, after all.”


Yoongi knows he should have learned it from the beginning of their relationship that Namjoon, ing Kim Namjoon, is ing obsessed with his Pokémon breads, and if he doesn’t stop him, the younger man would go eat them for three meals a day just for the sake of completing his sticker collections.

(And he knows very well that no matter how annoyed—and concerned—about Namjoon’s eating habits, his pitiful eyes when he plead to Yoongi is impossible to resist and makes him enabling him on it, with his own money too.

Love can be hard sometimes, and Yoongi learned it in a hard way.)

“Namjoon, just stop it now.”

“Just two, two more, really, I know that Mewtwo is in this bread or this bread—”

“You already said that for nine times and all of them are mostly Snorlax, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur?? I think you should stop??” Yoongi grunts, muffled under his thick scarf, eyeing his arms that has been Namjoon sticking with the stickers. “Are you planning to decorate me with Pokémon stickers or what?”

Namjoon shakes his head, looks desperate, as he tugs Yoongi’s arm, “Just two more, please? I promise I’ll stop after this.” Yoongi about to speak up when Namjoon immediately adds, “I’ll do anything you want later, Hyung, really, I just, I feel like these breads are the answer of our journey today.”

Journey, my . Yoongi grunts, but slowly gives in as Namjoon’s pitiful eyes plead, desperation clearly seen on his eyes.

God, Yoongi really needs to train his endurance on it, he’s been fell for it for seven years and counting. “Fine, two more,” Namjoon’s eyes instantly light up, “And if there’s no Mewtwo, no more bread for the next week.”

“Okay—”

“That includes no buying it yourself on your way to work or home.” Namjoon whines, murmuring that’s unfair under his breath, but Yoongi only sighs in reply, “If you want Mewtwo so bad, I can buy the sticker for you—”

“But that’s not fun, Hyung, I wanna get them myself.” Namjoon huffs, handing the bread to the cashier, while Yoongi reflexively pulling out his wallet to pay, he promised, after all. “And look, I got your favourite Quagsire too, aren’t I?”

“Well,” Not really, but you said it reminds you of me, so. “Fine, but as I said before, no more bread for a week.”

Namjoon winks in reply, agreeing, as he receives the breads from the cashier, “I’ll buy you coffee in return.”

“Nah, it’s okay, I already had two today.” Yoongi glances at his arm, soon sighing again, as he peels the Bulbasaur sticker and put it on Namjoon’s coat near his chest. “In return, just carry him.”

“Just like I carry you in my heart?” Namjoon exclaims.

“Shut up or I won’t buy you Pokémon bread anymore.” He threatens, rather empty, while Namjoon only laughs in return—and Yoongi knows, without him looking, the cashier has been staring at them rather intensely, in an amusing way. “Let’s just go home.”

They stopped on the nearest park afterward, sitting on the swings, as Namjoon excitedly opens his beloved breads, while Yoongi stuffs himself with the leftover bread, eyes wander to the sky that slowly turns orange. Today has been pretty fun, actually, as they spend the day off with walking around the neighbourhood, accompanying Namjoon who’s hunting for Pokémon through his phone and did some battles on the Gyms they can found while Yoongi listened to his husband explaining things related to it, whether there’s new Pokémon in the area, or just, anything.

Yoongi doesn’t really understand, actually, but listening Namjoon being excited to things he likes is always been one of his favourite things about Namjoon.

The older man slowly swings with his feet, hands gripping on the chain, before he turns his eyes to Namjoon, who looks disappointed by his long sighs. “No Mewtwo?”

Namjoon sighs again, showing the stickers he got—Eeve and Magnet—as he grunts, “Today’s not the day, I guess.”

Yoongi chuckles in reply, “You’ve been saying that for years.”

“I’m trying to be positive here.” Namjoon pouts. Cute. “Maybe a week break from the bread might attract Mewtwo to come home.”

“Should I call the hotline for gambling?” Yoongi asks, which Namjoon’s lips only pursed further in reply. “I don’t wanna be a widower so soon so maybe I won’t.”

Namjoon grunts in reply, “Just stuff yourself with the bread, Hyung.” Yoongi cackles in return, soon stuffs his mouth with the fourth bread of the day. “You can have it.”

“You’re not gonna keep it in case your students did great? I gave it away to my students sometimes.” Namjoon blinks, seems never gave it a thought before, but soon Yoongi adds, “Mostly the Pikachu one got raided by Jungkook though.”

Namjoon mouths “Nah, it’s okay, High School these days don’t really know about Pokémon, so.” in reply, soon exclaims as he hands Yoongi the stickers, “We can give him more, though, we have plenty at home, the Pikachu, I mean.”

“It’s fine, he took it because of you, anyway.” Jungkook’s boy crush on Namjoon is an old news, everyone knows it includes Namjoon, and the latter doesn’t really mind. “Must be nice to have a devoted fan, huh?”

The younger looks confused in return, “But you have one too, you know?” Yoongi frowns, eyes squinting in confusion. “Me, you have me.”

Yoongi sighs, stuffing the last piece of the fourth bread. “Yeah, yeah, thanks for that.” He gets up from the swings, hands shoved on his long padding pockets, before he asks, “So, what’s your offer, Namjoon?” Namjoon blinks, doesn’t catch what Yoongi is referring to. “You said you’ll do anything I want.”

A small, realization oh soon escapes from Namjoon’s lips. “Oh, right, what do you want, Hyung?”

“To what extend I can ask you for it?”

“As long as you don’t ask me to conquer the world as the best Trainer, anything’s fine, I guess?”

Yoongi hums, walks closer to Namjoon before slowly lifting the latter’s chin with his fingertips, pondering what should he ask for. He hums, gently tilting Namjoon’s head several times, before he leans down give him a peck on his forehead, chuckles as the younger man looks surprised by his unexpected attack. “Today’s dinner duty is yours, then.”

“Hyung—”

“So you guys can kiss too, huh.” Both of them looks up, eyes caught Seokjin in their visions, both hands carrying shopping bags—seems like for his café’s supplies—looks both surprised yet unamused, feigning the disgust. “Eww, Yoongi being lovesick, ewww.”

Yoongi sighs, pulls himself away from Namjoon, forgetting the fact that the park they visit today is near Seokjin’s café as he points out, “I’ve told you before, why are you so surprised.” He turns his head to Namjoon while adds, “Can you cook us steaks tonight?”

“Uh… yeah, sure.” Namjoon responses, sounds unsure contrary to his reply, but Yoongi only shrugs it off.

Seokjin, albeit still unamused, ignores the atmosphere as he asks, “Did someone vandalize your padding today?”

“Yeah, it’s Namjoon’s works, want some bread, Hyung?”

“Sure, I’m kinda hungry anyway, do you have the chocolate one?"