jimin.

it takes two to tango

“Huh? What happened to your hair, Hyung? Got your heart broken by Namjoon-hyung?” Jimin asks, rather worried, when he notices Yoongi enters the staff room with his fresh hair cut days later.

Yoongi frowns in confusion, reflexively grabs his hair, before he realizes his hair isn’t long anymore. “Oh, right, I forgot I cut my hair.”

Jimin soon frowns, “Wow, sign of being old, I guess?” The older man soon jokingly doing hand stances, ready to fight Jimin in any minute. “Whoa, whoa, calm your old bones, they’re screaming right now.”

“I really, really can fight you right now, you know.”

“And me getting sued by elderly abuse? No, thank you.” Yoongi flicks Jimin’s forehead in return. “Noooo, this is work abuse!!”

“I can do more than that, actually.” Yoongi grunts, sitting down on his desk while Jimin only pouts in reply. “I just want a fresh cut, so I did, happy, now?”

Jimin soon frowns, noticing the lie that rolled off Yoongi’s tongue. “But Hoseok-hyung said—”

Right, Yoongi forgot Hoseok is close enough to Jimin to share all that. “Yes, well, you know, I just want to have a hair cut, okay?” he cuts him of, insisting the falsified facts, in sake of Namjoon’s dignity. “Aren’t I, Jimin-ah?”

“But—”

Isn’t it, Jimin-ah?

“Y-yes…”

Yoongi grunts, both his hands reflexively reach his hair to tie it as usual, only to be stopped when he remembered that he has no enough hair to tie anymore.

(It’s really, really hard for Yoongi to get used to his short hair, given the time his hair chopped off was only three days ago, while he has been getting his hair long almost a year.

His habit to tie his hair to a knot when he teaches isn’t seem to disappear any soon, it seems.)

Instead, Yoongi fishes out the black, long yet slim hair clip that Namjoon bought him, well, out of guilt, combs his bangs aside to clip it, before he asks, “Where’s Jungkook?”

Jimin responds Yoongi with a shrug, both of his hands busy helping himself putting the black tights he would usually use for dancing class. “I don’t know, maybe he just hasn’t gone down from his house yet?”

“It’s eight a.m??”

“Exactly? Or maybe he just… I don’t know, well, walk his dog first, maybe, I’m not his assistant?” Jimin look over the window as he speaks, frowns as if something caught his eyes as he exclaims, “Hey, Yoongi-hyung? Did you come to work with your husband?”

“No, I came by myself, why?”

“The title of your tape?”

“ you.”

Jimin crisps laugh responds him, “Thanks for the offer, but no, thank you.” He stops, however, as his smile brighten while pointing something on the window, “I thought you came with Namjoon-hyung since he’s in the front with Jungkook and Bam.”

What?, Yoongi frowns as he reflexively stands up and follow where’s Jimin’s finger pointing at, eyes lands on both Jungkook and Namjoon in the park, while the latter happily plays with Bam, hands aggressively patting him with loving eyes. “What is he doing here?”

Jimin seems noticing Yoongi’s folded forehead as he tilts his head, confused, “He didn’t get lost… did he?”

Hope that wasn’t the case. “I’ll… I’ll go down, let me know if someone’s looking for me.”

“Sure, be careful on your way down!”


“Joon-ah, what are doing here?” Flabbergasted, Yoongi hurriedly went down and meet both Namjoon and Jungkook at the park, soon baffled, “Did you forget something?”

Namjoon looks up, soon beams when he notices Yoongi in his sight. “Oh, Hyung, you’re here!” He slowly stands up, albeit staggering as Bam lurches into him, “Whoa, easy there, Bam—right, you forgot your lunch box, and I was on my way to school so I came here to bring it.”

Now that Namjoon mentioned it, Yoongi did forget it since he woke up late earlier. “Oh, right, thank you.” As Namjoon hands the lunch box over, Yoongi notices Jungkook’s eyes has been laid on them for a while, which makes him tilts his head in confusion as he asks, “Something wrong, Jungkook-ah?”

Jungkook immediately shakes his head, a bit sheepish, as he exclaims, “Sometimes I forgot that you guys are married.” in response.

Namjoon chuckles in response, “Yeah, we get that a lot.”

“Are you sad that your crush is taken away by me, Jungkook-ah?” Yoongi teases, but soon got his side softly elbowed by Namjoon while Jungkook rolls his eyes in response. “I’m kidding, but yeah, we do get that a lot.”

“Well, it still doesn’t change the fact that we are married, so.” Namjoon adds as he shows the wedding ring on his finger, as he turns his head to Yoongi. “I’ll be going, Hyung.” He leans down to kiss Yoongi’s cheeks, smiling as he pulls away before the older man have the chance to react. “I’ll see you tonight!”

When Namjoon leaves and lost in their sight, Yoongi only could blink in response, soon frowns in confusion as his fingertips touch the place where Namjoon’s lips landed. Namjoon rarely kissed him on public before, not to mention especially in front of others, so why?

“Sorry, Jungkook-ah, I don’t know what’s going on with Namjoon today—” Yoongi tries to reasons, but soon his words falls flat when he looks up, he found Jungkook’s face slightly reddens. “Jungkook-ah?”

“Oh, um…” Jungkook seems lost in words, soon smiling bright as he exclaims, “Your husband is cool as usual, huh?”

A slight, swell of pride rises in Yoongi’s chest, but soon he covers with a small, fake cough. “Anyway, I’ll go back to the office, you?”

“I’ll… walk Bam some more before I go back, I think.”

“Alright, I’ll see you in the office then.”

“Uh… yeah, sure.”


[Yoongs]

So, are you, like

Asserting dominance or something?

[Naemjoons]

huh? what are you talking about?

[Yoongs]

yknow, the kiss on the cheeks?

[Naemjoons]

? no?

I just wanna kiss you

you looked cute bundled up in my scarf

[Yoongs]

I see

btw

you should’ve text me about the lunch box

I didn’t know that u came if jimin didn’t tell me earlier

[Naemjoons]

sorry lol

I got distracted by Bam

too bad our place doesn’t allow pets

[Yoongs]

I can bribe Seokjin-hyung for that

[Naemjoons]

I don’t think our bribe will be comparable to his wealth

he’s rich rich

[Yoongs]

I have my ways

anyway, joon-ah

[Naemjoons]

yeah, babe?

[Yoongs]

are you sure jungkook’s feelings for you is an old story?

[Naemjoons]

even it doesn’t

I only have eyes on you

so don’t worry about it

[Yoongs]

don’t make me get indigestion this early

[Naemjoons]

lol

love you too

I’ll pick u up after work

[Yoongs]

okay, see you then

[Naemjoons]

oh btw

the hair clip looks good on you

[Yoongs]

just ing teach your students Namjoon

[Naemjoons]

I see nothing

hence you shall not stop thee

[Yoongs]

I’m gonna block you

[Naemjoons]

lol please don’t

I shall obey Your Highness

lol


Yoongi met Jimin when it was Jimin’s first day as a teacher in this cram school four years ago, right after he got discharged from military service.

Back then, he knew the cram school he’s in right now because of Jungkook, who happened to be in a military batch above him by a year, by the younger man introduced it to him when Jimin got drunk and complained on how he got laid off his job right before he enlisted. Jimin thought Jungkook was joking and lying back then, so he just played along with his talk, but what he didn’t expect was he got called by Jungkook on his discharge day and asked “So, Hyung, I know it’s been a year since I asked you, but are you perhaps still up to work as a dance instructor at my place?”

Which, to Yoongi, made Jimin memorable since he came in with a surprised face, yet bafflement clearly plastered on his face, only for Jimin to explain later that he, in fact, didn’t expect Jungkook’s cram school is rather a real, big scale, than he expected, making him feels like he used all of his life worth’s luck to get this job.

(Yoongi is actually reluctant to admit, but he understands Jimin’s feelings. He got the job after Seokjin introduced him here, after all, and he didn’t expect that the owner of the cram school is someone as young as Jungkook.

He can’t wrap the thought in his head back then, but now he knows that Jungkook worked hard for the place he is now, Yoongi knows, by how, sometimes, Jungkook spent his sleepless night either to practice for his upcoming lessons, or keeping the cram school afloat by regularly checking the administrative and whatnots.

That’s the thing that Yoongi really respects about Jungkook, really.)

“I really thought he was pulling a prank on me, really.” Jimin buries his face on his plushie pillow—a bright, yellow chick that he won from a crane machine on his way to work—before he pulls his head away, looks up to Yoongi who’s busy stuffing himself with his lunch. “Who’s in the right mind to told me to go here as soon as I get discharged? In my uniform? Only Jeon Jungkook, you know?”

Yoongi nods in response. Jeon Jungkook and his ways of thinking, really. “That’s Jeon Jungkook for you.”

“Well, at leas I won’t worry about being jobless, though it does still wild when I remembered about it.” Jimin’s gentle, sweet chuckles almost echoed through the office. “By the way, it’s kinda rare of you to bring your lunch, what happened?”

The older man hums, pointing down the side dishes on his lunch box with his chopsticks as he comments, “Namjoon suddenly got interested in character lunch box especially Pokémons one these days so last night we tried to make the Bulbasaur one, but as you can see here, Namjoon isn’t used to frying, see this burnt one? It’s Namjoon’s.”

Both of Jimin’s lips turn into a small smile but soon he frowns, “I don’t see any Bulbasaur, though?”

“Oh, it’s on Namjoon’s one, mine just ended up being this blue triangle kimbab since he couldn’t get it right.” He sighs, pulling out his phone to show Namjoon’s lunch box that he took a photo earlier. “See? I made this one so we can sleep soon, it was one a.m when we finished preparing the lunch boxes.” and to stop Namjoon looking more disappointed as his Bulbasaur rice got more misshaped the more he tried to fix it, but Yoongi left them unsaid. Jimin chuckled in response, pulling Yoongi back to reality as he frowns, “Why, what is it?”

“Nothing, just, it’s kinda cute how you guys sound so domestic right now.” Jimin smiles even brighter it’s blinding when he notices Yoongi’s changed facial expression. “Hey, can I have the rolled egg?”

Yoongi feeds him with his chopstick, soon frowned, “That’s not something you can smile that big, though.”

“Why not? Listening how much you love your husband is fun!”

A grunt soon heard from Yoongi, “You just wanna gossip about it, don’t you.”

Jimin soon grins, but he responses, “That too, but I’m just happy that you two get along so well.”


Namjoon is back to the supermarket with both of his eyes has been eyeing the Pokémon bread, again, in the bread aisle.

Yoongi already knows Namjoon long enough to the point he reflexively playing along as he exclaims, “So, do you feel any Mewtwo energy from here, Mr. Kim?”

The taller man frowns, both palms of his hand scanning above the packaged breads as he responses, “I can feel it, Mr. Min, I’m sure of it.”

“Right, Mr. Kim, don’t forget that you only get two breads today.” Yoongi warns through their skit—the after effect of their bread hoarding a month ago apparently made his face swollen and him constipated on the next day, and he really, really, don’t want to repeat that.

Mr. Kim pouts in reply, tone of whining in his voice. “B-but—”

“Mr. Kim, you know that won’t work on me, right?” Yoongi cuts him off, eyes glaring while both hands on the cart they’ve been pushing past thirty minutes.

Namjoon clicked his tongue in reply before he carefully picks two breads and put in their cart, murmuring that’s weird, it usually works, only makes Yoongi sighs in return as he randomly picks another bread to put in, making the younger man blinks in confusion, “Huh? You sure, Hyung?”

“Only this once.”

The younger man beams in response.

They stopped to the nearest park afterward, with Namjoon bought them cans of warm coffee while sitting on the bench, with Namjoon stuffing himself with the breads that unfortunately no Mewtwo—he got Mudkip and Charmander this time—while Yoongi eyeing the bread he randomly picked up earlier.

For some reason, Yoongi has a good feeling on this.

“Joon-ah,” Yoongi calls, his voice caught Namjoon’s attention by the younger man’s face turns to him. “If, if, I were happen to find Mewtwo in this, what will you do?”

“First of all, I’ll be happy for you, of course, it’s Mewtwo we’re talking about.” Namjoon quickly responses, rather enthusiastic, “But for the second one, I’ll trade you with anything you want, if you want, of course, since, well, I can, you know, put the end of this journey for a bit.”

“Sure, I don’t really mind, it’s yours if it’s Mewtwo.” Yoongi snorts, but soon chuckles. “But, well, yeah, you must be really sick of this bread journey, aren’t you.”

“Can you blame me, though? It’s been years!” Namjoon grunts in reply, and Yoongi tried, tried so hard to stifle his laugh on how cute Namjoon looks like right now. “Wait, let me record this—this will be a legend if it’s true, can I?” As Yoongi nods in agreement, Namjoon pulls out his phone before he starts recording, exclaims, “I, Kim Namjoon, promise if Min Yoongi, my dearest husband, get a Mewtwo in this bread, I will comply whatever demands he wants after.”

“Promise?” Yoongi asks, urging his want to laugh with his lips forming a thin line.

Namjoon nods with both his head and his phone. “Promise.”

The wait while Yoongi rips the packaging is painstakingly thrilling and excruciating as Namjoon’s expectant eyes lays on both him and the bread, soon gasps escape from their mouth when they notice the purplish tail they are familiar with peeking out of the package.

Yoongi nervously pulls the stickers out, only soon both of his eyes widen in disbelief because it is, indeed, the legendary Mewtwo that Namjoon has been looking for in his Pokémon Bread Journey.

He turns his head to Namjoon, who is on the same wavelength of disbelief as the younger man speaks up, voice comes out both cracking and squeaking, “Hyung, I’m not dreaming, am I? That—that’s really Mewtwo, isn’t it?!”

Instead of answering him, Yoongi hands him the sticker, soon follows by Namjoon screams in joy. Yoongi let Namjoon having his moment, with the latter excitedly rambling on his recording phone, soon stopped the recording and took some pictures of it. It didn’t take long before he put his attention to Yoongi again, which the latter found galaxy in his eyes, bright and just… beautiful.

Namjoon looks radiant especially when he’s too happy to contain his feelings, and Yoongi really, really, love the look of it.

“Hyung,” Namjoon’s voice pulls him back to reality, soon the younger man adds, “God, I love you so much.

“Because I got Mewtwo?”

“That too,” so he doesn’t deny that? This brat. “But… I don’t know, Hyung, I—I just, I feel so happy right now.”

Yoongi jokingly scoffs, “Of course you do.”

“No, really, I mean it!” Namjoon’s grin is hard to wipe off, adds to his bright, galaxy-like eyes that Yoongi feels like he can get lost in it and he won’t mind. “I feel like I can die in peace right now.”

“Don’t die too soon,” Yoongi snorts, but he can’t help but smile as well. “Well, what will you do after this?”

“To celebrate this happiness that we, I mean, both of us have tonight, first of all, I’d like to kiss you.” Yoongi scoffs in reply, but he agrees anyway with a nod. “And I will comply your demand after, Your Highness.”

The older man looks around, hoping that Seokjin won’t caught them as the park they are right now is near his coffee shop, before he exclaims, “Then, I, Min Yoongi, will give you the right to kiss me right now.”

“Permission to kiss Min Yoongi, your Highness?”

“Granted, please proceed.”

Both of Namjoon’s hands cupping Yoongi’s face gently, handling him with care before Yoongi closes his eyes as the younger man leans to meet their lips. The familiar warmth felt on Yoongi’s lips, bit chapped like usual—Namjoon seems can’t remember to always reapply his lip balm for dear life, but oh well—before he pulls away, soon pulls Yoongi into a tight hug.

Yoongi pulls himself away from Namjoon, who looks confused by the sudden loss of warmth, before he leans back to Namjoon to kiss him some more. Namjoon soon pats Yoongi’s shoulder afterward, asking for a time out, chuckling in the process as he exclaims, “Whoa, whoa, Your Highness, you kissing me isn’t in the demand, though.”

“You don’t like it?” Yoongi feigns disappointment as his lips slightly pouts.

“You kidding? I love it so much.” Namjoon’s smiling so hard his dimples sharply appears, which Yoongi reflexively leans to kiss the dimples away. “Whoa, whoa, easy there.” He laughs afterward, but soon he asks, “Hey, Hyung? Shall we continue this at home?” Namjoon soon stands up, hands reaching out to Yoongi as he exclaims, “We might get reported for indecent exposure if we make out in public right now.”

Yoongi sneers, yet his hand reaches Namjoon’s invitation as he stands up. “How many demands I can have for finding this Mewtwo, I wonder?”

“You can demand as much as you want, don’t worry.” The younger man soon intertwined their fingers, leans down to steal a kiss on the lips from Yoongi before he adds with a wink. “I’m a man of words, after all.”


[Min Yoongi]

hyung, btw

can we have pets on our place?

[Kim Seokjin]

how much do you offer

[Min Yoongi]

ten uses for free mulhoes

whenever you want

[Kim Seokjin]

interesting offer

deal then

are you getting any, soon?

[Min Yoongi]

not at the moment

we’ll let you know if we do

[Kim Seokjin]

all right

by the way

yoongi ya

[Min Yoongi]

what

[Kim Seokjin]

namjoon said you have Midas’ hand

can you pull the gacha on my maple story account next time

there’s something I want on the upcoming banner

[Min Yoongi]

how do I do that

[Kim Seokjin]

one click

or several clicks

is all you need to do

[Min Yoongi]

? sure?

all I need to do is click on it, right?

just lemme know when

[Kim Seokjin]

I love you

[Min Yoongi]

no thank you

[Kim Seokjin]

brat

I hate you


from the next chapter onward, it'll be namjoon's point of view! ;)