hoseok.

it takes two to tango

Yoongi is actually pretty proud of his long hair.

He’s been keeping his hair long for a year, while it’s hard to take care of at first by how unruly his hair is, he’s slowly getting used to it while Hoseok—their old friends, which also their usual go to hairdresser—gave him some pointers on how taking care of it, while gave him some t on his bangs monthly to not intervene with his sight.

As for his long hair, Namjoon seems like loving it more than Yoongi is.

Namjoon has taken a skill of braiding because of Yoongi’s long hair—not too shabby, but not… good per se, but Yoongi can see he’s trying and he’s still learning. He would fiddle with his hair when they watch TV, by Yoongi sitting between Namjoon’s legs, back leaning on sofa while the latter plays with his hair. It usually ends with his hair either braided, buns, or just… softly messed.

But it’s okay, really, Namjoon is just fascinated by his long hair, since it was his first time to keep his hair that long, which is understandable for the younger to unable to keep his hands off his hair sometimes, especially when he pulls his hair back—

Well, now’s not the time to talk about that.

Yoongi was in the middle of ironing his hair when Namjoon freshly out of the shower, water trickling through his temporals, towel hanging on his neck when he exclaims, “Whoa, Yoongs, you look good.”

“You’re the only person who would say I look good while I’m ironing my hair like I am now.” Yoongi chuckles, ironing the other part of his hair, while take a glance to Namjoon through the mirror’s reflection, noticing something’s missing from Namjoon’s face. “Where’s your glasses, Joon?”

“I’d like to answer that but unfortunately,” Namjoon sighs, leans closer to Yoongi to see better by squinting his eyes, as he adds, “I’m asking myself the same as well.”

Yoongi’s head jerked backwards, stares in disbelief. “Are you saying you complimented me while you even barely able to see me?”

“I’ll still love you even when I’m legally blind—”

With the sight of minus seven and moreover, astigmatism to boot? “You are legally blind.”

“—but yes, I remembered I put somewhere near the closet so, I think I’ll find it soon.” Namjoon stops, however, as he finally takes a long, detailed look on Yoongi before he asks, “Hey, Babe? Does ironing hair difficult?”

“At first, yeah, but since I’ve gotten the hang of it, not really, why?” Yoongi puts down his straightener, gently combing his hair with the brush, before he frowns, confused that his hair doesn’t look as good as he expected. “God, my hair’s not really cooperating today…”

Namjoon’s eyes both looks fascinated and in awe, the spark of curiosity glisten in his eyes as he exclaims, “May I try ironing your hair?”

Yoongi’s hands stopped, swiftly looks up to meet Namjoon’s expectant eyes through the mirror, unsure how to respond to it. It’s not like he minds it but… his hair’s safety…. “You sure?”

Maybe Namjoon’s sight too blurry to notice the uncertainty in Yoongi’s face, he confidently answers, “Yeah! It looks fun, so I kinda wanna try it, but as you can see my hair’s too short for it. May I?”

“Without your glasses?” Yoongi asks, unsure.

“I still can see you, though, so it should be okay, I think?” Yoongi’s gut says otherwise, but not all people’s going to be good on their first try, can’t they? It took Yoongi a month to master it after all. “Just, uhh, give me some pointers while at it?”

The older man’s gut says otherwise, fervently telling him to not allow Namjoon for this, but his heart says otherwise by how Namjoon’s puppy eyes begged for it.

Yoongi has a feeling that he might regret this, very, very much. “… sure, but, just, be careful, okay?”

The happy sounds Namjoon makes after that only makes Yoongi’s worries grown bigger in return.


“So,” Hoseok, Jung Hoseok, their usual go-to for a hairdresser, also their—Namjoon’s, soon Yoongi’s after they date—long time friend, both hand on the hips, as he looks at Yoongi through the reflecting mirror, before he turns to Namjoon, frowning, “What happened here?”

Yoongi sighs, while Namjoon is seen fidgeting in the corner of his eyes, before he exclaims, “Let’s say Namjoon tried to be romantic and offered to tidying up my hair, and ended burning some strands because he can’t tell without wearing glasses or soft lenses.”

Hoseok leans down to examining Yoongi’s long hair by his eyes before he gets his fingers on it, soon his frown deepened, “This is not some strands.

He knows, Yoongi knows, Namjoon almost burned half of his hair by went one minute too long on the straightener. The older man whispers, “Don’t say that, he’s been profusely apologizing for that until we get here.” Hoseok sighs in return, still examining closely, as Yoongi steal glances to Namjoon, seems as guilty as before. “I’ve been wanting to get a haircut anyway, my hair’s already gotten too long.”

The younger man sighs, pulls back as both of Hoseok’s hands on the hip, before he asks, “Well, we can still save your hair, actually, by cut the burned parts and do some tidying and you’ll be good, but it might get chilly in winter, you okay with that?”

“Hoodie to the rescue?” Yoongi replies, “It’s almost March anyway, it shouldn’t be too chilly for a short hair.”

“Alright then, if that’s okay with you—” Hoseok stops, caught Namjoon in his sight, as he softly smiles, “It’s okay, Namjoon, Yoongi-hyung didn’t get hurt, don’t worry.”

Namjoon sighs, sounds relieved, but soon he exclaims, “Hyung, I’m really sorry—”

“Yes, yes, Namjoon, and I told you it’s okay,” Yoongi’s hand raises, asking Namjoon to stop, as he laughs, “None of us seen this coming, anyway, it’s okay.”

“Should I get a haircut too?” Namjoon suggested, raises a frown from Yoongi. “To… to match you?”

There’s barely any hair in Namjoon’s hair as he just went to get a haircut a week ago, though. “What, you wanna get bald, then?” Namjoon blinks, seems forgetting how short his hair is right now. “Joon-ah, Hyung is okay, alright? You can try being bald later, but for now I don’t think you should.”

“But—”

Before Namjoon is able to continue his rebuttal, Yoongi cuts him off, snapping his fingers, as he exclaims, “Hoseok-ah, get on it.”

Hoseok, both amused and impressed, pulls out his equipment as he responses rather too bright, “Roger~”


“Hmm,” Yoongi eyeing his own reflection on the mirror, lightly swing his body and head for a better look on his new haircut—which his shoulder-length hair got cut to ear-length one, quite a lot of cut actually—before he hums in satisfaction. Him in a short hair isn’t actually so bad, it kind of reminds him of college life back then. “Not bad.”

“You mean, ‘hey, Hoseok-ah, good job on it! I knew you’re always good with your hand!’, isn’t it?” Hoseok exclaims, looks proud with his work. “Hey, Namjoon, I did good, aren’t I?”

Namjoon takes a long, thorough look, as he hums, “Yeah, Yoongi-hyung looks good.”

“What about me?” Hoseok asks, sounds hopeful.

“Your skill is amazing as always!” Namjoon adds, gives Hoseok both of his thumbs, genuinely smiles, before eyes fixated on Yoongi. “It kinda reminds me of the first time I met you, Hyung.”

Right, Yoongi almost forgot about it. “True, while yours was long—wasn’t your hair kinda brown metallic back then?”

“Yeah, it was Hoseok’s masterpiece back then.” Namjoon steps closer, eyes still fixated on Yoongi’s hair, as his hands slowly reaches his hair. “Can I touch it?”

“Don’t fry them off again.” Yoongi warns, jokingly.

Namjoon huffs, “I—I won’t! I wore my glasses properly this time!” but soon gently caress Yoongi’s hair, thoroughly combs Yoongi’s hair with his fingers, as he exclaims, “Wow, Hoseok really did amazing for this.”

Yoongi really, really, tried to not react by melting on the floor by how careful Namjoon is handling his hair at the moment. “Yeah,” He mentally took a deep breath, before he turns to Hoseok, who’s grinning wider than necessary, before he sighs, “Wipe that grin off your face.”

“Don’t mind me, I’m just enjoying the show.” Hoseok beams brighter instead, as he exclaims, “I’ll clean up so please, by all means, continue your flirting for all I care.”

“We’re not—” Namjoon protests, but Hoseok already left when he did. The taller man sighs instead, eyes back to Yoongi through the mirror’s reflection, as he murmurs, “But really, Hyung, I’m so sorry for what happened this morning.”

“And I told you, it’s fine.” Yoongi huffs, his gaze lays on Namjoon who’s back on touching his hair again. “I can just grow it out again, don’t worry. Besides,” the corner of his eyes caught Hoseok back with his broom, soon adds, “We have Hoseok to the rescue.”

Hoseok leans his jaw on top of the broom, propped with his hands, as he huffs, “Yeah, yeah, unless you burn it to the root, then it’s an immediate ticket to the Emergency Unit instead.”

Namjoon grimaces by the thought, but Yoongi cackles in reply, “Being bald doesn’t seem so bad.”

“I’ll—” Namjoon gapes, but soon he exclaims, “I’ll still love you even if you went bald!”

The older man’s nose scrunches, trying to tone down the butterflies that has been pulling on his heartstrings, and Namjoon’s earnest eyes that Yoongi can see through the mirror’s reflection is not helping at all. “Stop, stop, I might get a heart attack here, stop it.”

“Oh, no, should I call the ambulance?” Hoseok exclaims, feigns panic as his hands already holding his phone, one call away to the Hospital. “Or should I remove the cause, Hyung?”

Hands on his chest, clutching like it’s deadly, Yoongi breathes, feigns hurting. “Remove it, please, hurry, hurry.”

“On it,” Hoseok puts down his phone and walks towards them, tugging Namjoon’s arms before he drags confused Namjoon away from Yoongi, “Let’s go, Namjoon-ah, you’re bad for Yoongi-hyung’s heart.”

“Huh? Wait, what, hey, hey, let me go—”


After they had dinner afterward, they go bed early instead, while Yoongi is still busy with his phone, Namjoon’s fingers softly reach his hair, ruffling his hair several times before plays with his now-shortened hair behind his back.

Not having a lot of hair does heighten his senses of Namjoon’s touch, and he feels more ticklish than usual.

“You can really stop touching my head, you know.” Yoongi huffs, eyes on his phone, back facing Namjoon who’s having the time of his life as he plays with the older man’s hair. “You can’t braid my hair for the time being, either.”

“I still like your hair, though.” Namjoon hums, carefully giving Yoongi’s scalp some massages in between.

Yoongi scoffs, putting down his phone to nearest nightstand as he turns to Namjoon, scrunching his face. “Only my hair?”

“Careful there, you might get a heart attack again.”

Both laughs in unison.

“But really, Hyung, I’m sorry,” Namjoon apologizes, still as genuine as before, while he leans closer as his eyes meet Yoongi’s. “I’ll learn it more in the future so I can handle your hair better next time.”

As you should, Yoongi thinks, left unspoken in his lips. “Yeah, well, next time, okay?” Namjoon earnestly nods, which Yoongi can’t help but smitten by how cute Namjoon is at the moment by trying to be careful with his hair but still keen on ruffling his hair. “Joon-ah.”

“Hm?” Namjoon hums, lips formed in a thin line, concentrating being careful while ruffling Yoongi’s hair. Instead of saying anything further, Yoongi reaches Namjoon’s face by both of his hands, leaning for a forehead kiss before he pulls back and find Namjoon’s surprised face. “W-what is it?”

“Nothing, just find you cute.”

Namjoon’s redden, smiley, and bashful face is one of all things about him that Yoongi never get tired of.