jungkook.

it takes two to tango

Yoongi often questions his own life decision back then, like, almost every day, when he found himself got strangled by Namjoon’s long arms, again, this morning, in their bed.

(He wouldn’t have thought that his decision of proposing to Namjoon three years ago would have him ended up getting strangled often like this, for Yoongi assumed after, will last for a lifetime, maybe.)

Which, actually, Yoongi can’t blame him since Namjoon did it unconsciously, but still.

“Mmh,” Yoongi’s opponent, that still strangles him at the moment, slowly wakes up, sounds groggy as he greets him with a yawn, “Good morning—oh, Hyung, you up already?”

Scoffing, Yoongi resigned himself, as he replies, “Been quite a while, actually.”

Namjoon sounds worried when he asks, “… what’s wrong?”

“Oh, thanks for giving me the opportunity to answer you,” Yoongi thanking him, rather sarcastically, as he nudges his index finger to the arms that has been strangling him for around twenty minutes to the point he can’t do anything (but thankfully still able to breath just fine, it’s just hard to get up like normal, normal.). “It just happened that I got trapped in a bear’s arms and now I can’t get up to make us breakfast like usual.”

Seems getting Yoongi’s points, Namjoon let out a small laugh, still sounds groggy, as he immediately let go both of his arms, sounds bashful as he responses, “Sorry.” But soon he adds, “So, it’s bear, today?”

Finally. Yoongi sits up, head turns to Namjoon as he grunts, “You know what, I actually lost count on how many kinds of animal I used to call you, so.

“I think you used to call me koala for, like, two weeks, I think?”

“I’m more surprised to the fact you remembered.”

“Of course I do, it was yesterday??”

“Then do you remember that today we’re supposed to have separated room today?”

A frown formed on Namjoon’s forehead, and Yoongi held himself to not smoothen it out by smothering kisses. “Huh? Did we have that conversation before? Really?”

Sighing, Yoongi decided to soften the frown by lightly flicking Namjoon’s forehead instead, before get off the bed. “No, silly, we didn’t, I just made that up.” Before Namjoon has a chance to protest, Yoongi interjects, as he leaves to the kitchen, “I’ll go make breakfast for us.”


Being married to Namjoon isn’t that bad, actually.

Aside of his sleeping habits, Namjoon is a great person to be with, and a great someone to spend the rest of his life with, too, so Yoongi actually don’t complain much.

Sure, Namjoon lacks of many things others than his sleeping habits, like :

  1. He can’t cook for God’s sake. (He, in fact, pretty decent when it comes to instant foods, but with some struggling and occasional shouting.)
  2. He doesn’t have a driving license (for a greater good, and for now, Yoongi wants to keep it that way).
  3. He’s ing obsessed with Pokémon bread just because he wants to collect the stickers, which all combined is more or less a thousand.

But Namjoon does have his own good traits, too, like :

  1. He makes amazing coffees.
  2. He’s good at what he does for living.
  3. And he’s… a good husband. That’s a big plus right there.

So, for now, Yoongi at least won’t complain much, although he unconsciously makes a habit to pray every night, which he rarely does before he got married, that when he sleeps with Namjoon, he hopes he’ll still alive when the morning comes.

(It’s not that the strangling thing is deadly per se, it’s just restricted his movement too much, and it happened too often to the point he got annoyed by it, is all he’s complaining about.)


His name is Min Yoongi, thirty one years old, and is working as a music tutor in a prestige cram school that is one station away from their apartment, has been in a relationship with Namjoon since he was twenty four years old, broke it off at the age of twenty six, before getting back together one month later, and proposed at the age of twenty eight.

His husband named Kim Namjoon, thirty years old, and is working as a literature teacher in high school two stations away from their apartment, and for relationship is pretty much the same.

They met when Yoongi was twenty two years old through a mutual friend, Seokjin, and miraculously clicked in the first meeting. They ended up contacting each other often, their meetings getting more often, and ended up ‘yeah sure might as well go out so we can comfortably get on with this we’ve been having since we met each other’.

It was rocky at first, by knowing each other again after being steady, being more tolerant and compromising each other’s comfort zone, which, it lasted for around two years before Namjoon stated I think we need to have a break for a while as he looked down, eyes unable to meet Yoongi’s.

(It would be a lie if Yoongi didn’t see this coming, since, yeah, he was actually thinking the same thing.)

“Yeah, sure.” Yoongi wasn’t mad. He really doesn’t. Both of them knew that they do need a break from each other for a while—with the sudden change of working pace, them getting promoted and having more workloads they weren’t used to, and too tired to argue the silliest things that in the end it wasn’t actually a big deal, this was probably the best way for both of them. “Let’s talk it out again when we finally settled down. Either you or me who approached first, doesn’t matter, really.”

Namjoon looked up, rather shocked—and Yoongi believed it wasn’t because in disbelief, but rather confused on how easy the older man accepted his request. “Are—are you sure, Hyung?”

“Yeah, why not? I did see this coming, so, yeah, it’s okay, really.”

“It’s not on you—”

“Yes, Namjoon, yes, it’s not on me, and it’s not on you, too, I get that much.” He huffed, locked his eyes on Namjoon’s, as he added, “We’re just tired. It’s okay, it happens.” Yoongi tried to calm Namjoon down, soon added again, “Let’s see… probably in a month? When it happens, I’ll text you to ask whether you’ll still want to continue or not.”

Namjoon heaved a sigh, seemed relieved as he slowly met Yoongi’s stare. “A month.” Yoongi nodded in response. “Alright… but let me tell you that I still love you, okay? I just… need some space for now.”

Yoongi nodded again. “It’s fine, really, I know that much.”

The younger man still looked unsure, but he did stand up afterwards, patted Yoongi’s head as he bid goodbye by saying I’ll see you in a month, before got out of the café, leaving Yoongi with two cups of coffee in front of him.

(What Namjoon didn’t know back then was Yoongi actually felt nothing, felt that it’s okay, it happens, people come and go, it’s okay, but soon washed by waves of emotion as soon as he got home, but he didn’t cry.

He silently screamed his heart out instead when he took a shower that night.)


Sometimes, according to Yoongi, Namjoon is a lovely one.

(Was one of the reasons why Yoongi married to him, and still is.)

There are times when Namjoon was the first one to wake up, made coffee and sometimes a simple breakfast for both of them, before he wakes Yoongi up. When he wakes Yoongi up, he did numerous tries, and as creative as his genius brain works, today he decided to wakes the older man by biting his ears—and in a rather painful one.

Yoongi yelps in response, reflexively pushes Namjoon away from him, “What are you doing??”

“Duh, to wake you up, of course?”

“And that’s obviously not the way to do it??”

Namjoon shrugs instead, pulling the blanket off Yoongi as he folds it to tidying their bed. “But you’re awake, right? It did the job, so.” Yoongi gawks, thoroughly baffled by the choice of his husband’s words. “I see that you’re amazed by the choice of my action, My Love?”

“You mean amazed in a very, very, questioning way?” Yoongi exclaims, still as baffled as he is, as he gets out of the bed when he noticed that Namjoon takes the initiative to change their bed sheet, starts from their pillow case, and he reflexively walks to their cupboard to take a new sheet instead.

“I’d rather take it as in amazed in awe by my brilliant idea but I guess you beg to differ.” Namjoon carefully takes the pillow cases off, slightly frowns as he fumbles, which unconsciously makes Yoongi’s irritation went out of their window. “Oh, Hyung, you can put the new sheet on the table for now. I made some coffee for you, it’s in the dining room by the way.” Before Yoongi has the chance to speak up, Namjoon adds, “And yes, it’s decaf, don’t worry.”

And Yoongi, to be honest, feels touched a little about it. “Huh,” he exclaims, “Thank you.” Namjoon puts a little smile as he faces Yoongi, before he pays attention to the pillows again, still fumbling as he goes to the next pillow cases. “Need a hand?”

“I appreciate the offer but no, thank you.” Namjoon looks up, notices that Yoongi is closer to him than he thought, reflexively exclaims whoa while jerked back a little, as he blinks, “Why, what’s wrong?”

Chuckling, Yoongi sighs of delight as both of his hands ruffles Namjoon’s short hair. “Nothing, just found out that you’re kinda cute when you frown and pout.”

“You can kiss it if you want.”

“Is that an invitation that I hear?” A small, rather enthusiastic nod replies Yoongi. “Which one should I kiss, I wonder?”

“I prefer if you kiss both of them, actually.”

“Greedy.”

“Only to you, Yoongs.”

So Yoongi did, as he puts away the pillow and slowly straddles Namjoon’s laps, before he cups the latter’s face and asks, “Like this?” Namjoon blinks, clearly doesn’t expect this kind of development, but reflexively puts his arms around Yoongi’s waist to secure the position. “I hope you don’t mind the coffee’s being cold, Hun.”

“We can always reheat it, don’t worry.”

A small, smug smile plastered on Namjoon’s face, and Yoongi decided to wipe it away by his lips as he pushes the younger man down to the bed.


“Do you remember the time we took a break back then we were in our two years relationship?” Yoongi suddenly asks, his right hand busy choosing a channel to watch with the remote, with his sides leaning on Namjoon.

“Yeah? What about it?” Namjoon asks back, left arm loosely hanging around Yoongi’s waist, while the other hand propped his chin as his gaze lies on the tv screen. “Oh, oh, Hyung, Hyung, can we watch this movie, please? I kinda wanna rewatch it again.”

Yoongi frowns in response, “Didn’t you watch this yesterday? You sure you want to watch Chef, again?”

“Can we? Please?” Instead of answering, Yoongi sighs, picked the movie as Namjoon requested, before puts the remote down and lean his head on Namjoon’s shoulder. Namjoon plants a light kiss on top of Yoongi’s head as a thank you, before he asks again, “What about it, by the way? The break, I mean.”

“Nothing, I just remembered because I dreamed it earlier.” Yoongi hums, as he continues, “When I went home after we met at that time, I kinda cried a little in the shower.” Namjoon’s body lightly jolts in response, both eyes meet each other’s, looks surprised by the info. “What’s wrong?”

“That’s the first time I hear this??” Namjoon sounds baffled.

“Yeah, well, technically this is the first time I told you about this so of course this is your first time.” Yoongi chuckles instead, only to bring more frown to Namjoon’s face. “Hey, I put some efforts on ironing your forehead earlier, don’t fold them again.”

Namjoon pouts instead, “You said it’s cute.”

“Well—” Namjoon and his words, seriously. “Yeah, but that’s not the point here. Anyway, I do think the break’s kinda useful in a way, since, well, look at us now.”

The younger man scoffs, rather endearing, “I think we won’t be like we are now if you didn’t wait in front of my door in the middle of the winter back then. How long did you wait there again? Wasn’t it four hours—” Then Namjoon stops, suddenly realized something, before he looks up to Yoongi whose head leaning on the couch, looks surprised, “Wait, Hyung, oh my god. Oh my god.

Frowning, Yoongi flatly replies, “What.”

“I just realized you really love me that much, huh?”

Now Yoongi’s the one who is more baffled than anything, “Dude, I’ve been stuck with you for seven years and you just realized it now?”

“The power of love is really amazing, isn’t it? Whoa, really, I just really feel it now that you—hey, don’t take off your wedding ring!! Hyung!!”


“Hey, Mr. Min, that’s a really high turtleneck you’re wearing there, are you that cold?” Jungkook, his co-worker, also his boss, twenty seven years old, asks in teasing tone, as he whistles rather impressed.

Yoongi sighs, giving him a finger, before grunts, “ off, it’s minus two degrees celsius today.”

The younger man giggles, “Aww, don’t be shy, Hyung. Being loved by your husband is nice, isn’t it?”

“In which language do I need to tell you for you to understand that it’s not like that, huh, Jungkook-ah?” Yoongi sighs, again, as he puts down his (Namjoon’s) thick scarf and hang his coat near the entrance, before he tugs down some of his turtleneck to show Jungkook. “See, the thing that you suspected isn’t there, just drop it already.”

A clicked tongue can be heard from Jungkook, “You’re no fun.”

Namjoon did put some somewhere else but Jungkook doesn’t need to know that. “Anyway,” He huffs, rubs both of his palm rather fast to create some warmth, before he asks, “Where’s Jimin? We’re supposed to teach together for the upcoming recital today.”

Jungkook shrugs, “Maybe in the studio? I just got here for a while before you came, so I don’t really know.”

He frowns, glancing at his wrist watch, before Yoongi tilts his head, it’s two in the afternoon right now. “Hey, aren’t you supposed to teach at one thirty today?”

“Nah, my class got pushed back to three o’clock since my students said they got held back in their school for surprise quizzes and asked to delay the class.”

“Then why are you here?” Jungkook’s place is on the third floor of the building, while the first and the second floor are used for classes, which is weird for him to come out—Jungkook’s not the type of person who would go out unless it covers his basic necessities after all, such as food, laundry, and food, and mostly food.

“I saw you came and I just wanna greet you—” Jungkook pulls out his phone, quickly scrolls on the monitor before showing it to Yoongi. “See, you look like penguin bundled up like that.”

Yoongi stares rather unimpressed, doubting him. “Are you sure it’s just because of that?”

The younger man grins, lightly chuckles as he walks towards the entrance, “No, I was on my way on picking up my food delivery and I saw you waddling here so I just recorded it.” Figures. “Want some, Hyung?”

“No, thanks though.” He needs to rehearse what he needs to teach today since he’s teaching with Jimin today. “Enjoy your meal—” Jungkook already gone when Yoongi says it. “—that Brat, seriously.”

Yoongi sighs afterwards, pulled out his phone as he calls Jimin while walks to their supposed classroom, ready to start his work today.


[Naemjoons]

hyung, are you still in the academy?

 

Yoongi was done with his teaching today when Namjoon suddenly messaged him.

While his right hand waves to his several students, bid them bye as he exclaims “Don’t forget to practice what we just learned today! I’ll really going to check your progress next week!”, his left hand typing his reply to Namjoon.

 

[Yoongs]

 yeah, I just finished with the classes

what happened?

[Naemjoons]

great work

can I pick u up?

[Yoongs]

huh?

aren’t u off today?

[Naemjoons]

yeah but I was just out to bought groceries since I noticed we don’t have much left in our fridge

[Yoongs]

oh no

[Naemjoons]

huh?

[Yoongs]

wasn’t it my turn this time?

[Naemjoons]

eh, it’s okay, I need to buy something too so it’s kinda convenient

[Yoongs]

is your candy stock empty already

[Naemjoons]

… yes

 

Yoongi hold himself to not roll his eyes. Figures.

 

[Yoongs]

let’s just eat out today

I’m too tired to cook today

[Naemjoons]

sure! my treat

yoongs you know you don’t have to cook every day, right?

[Yoongs]

I know I know

oh by the way lets have lamb skewers

[Naemjoons]

sure

be there in 10

[Yoongs]

drives safe

[Naemjoons]

I will!