The Holiest Of Weeks

The Reading Of What Happens Next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Been a while. This is sort of a filler chapter where Yong went home during Holy Week instead of waiting for the next Simbang Gabi after last chapter's meeting. It also gives a hint of how they were when they first started dating. I've got the prologue story prompt already in the drafts but that would come after this story is done. It was supposed to be a standalone fic but i feel like it would better fit these characters:)

Third Year: HOLY WEEK 

 

Yong's suitcase lagged behind her while she toed her shoes off and pushed them to the side. She looked around the house, looking for Ms. Jung.

 

No luck. She must still be out at the market but she did say to just go in and feel free to crash. 

 

And crash she did the moment she got on the couch. She stretched, feeling her muscles finally relax after a long flight. It would be more comfortable if she slept in her own bed but she was too excited at the thought of seeing Wheein again.

 

It was a good thing the management let her take a few days off because of Holy Week with the excuse that she'll need someone's help to nail her new choreo. Right after she finished with her mini concert abroad, she went straight to the airport.

 

Yong the living room fan, trying to beat the heat that comes during Holy Week before snuggling her face on soft pillows. Her eyelids got heavy and were slowly closing. The last thing she saw was the different sized picture frames that had old and new pictures of Wheein perched on shelves.

 

-

 

“Yong?” 

 

The fresh scent of floral floated around her. Yong felt a slightly cold palm on her cheek. She smiled, eyes still closed. It smelled like the old shampoo Wheein used. Maybe she was dreaming about when they were together and if she really was she didn't want to wake up yet.

 

The hand on her cheek moved to her slightly damp forehead, trying to push back her hair out her face and slightly waking her up. 

 

Or so she thought. Cause when she saw a newly showered Wheein close to her face, Yong leaned in, in her half asleep state, and gave her a soft kiss like she used to do. 

 

Wheein's eyes widened, alerting Yong. Oh God she wasn't dreaming anymore was she? 

 

“Wheein I–” 

 

Wheein stood up fast and interrupted her, “Uh, Hyejin and Byulie called. They said we could meet them at the covered court,” she pointed behind her, “The bathroom's free if you want to shower and I put your stuff in my room first.”

 

Wheein was backing away while she was rambling and stumbled on the coffee table behind her. 

 

“Wheein!”

 

Yong's fast reflex managed to catch her before completely falling, having them end up in a position where their faces were really close. They were both blushing, mostly from embarrassment and it took a beat or two before someone spoke up.

 

“I'm sorry, Whee. I thought I was dreaming and it kicked in late that I wasn't.” 

 

Wheein cleared , picking at the hem of Yong's shirt that was within grasp, “It's okay. I didn't realize as well that I kissed back.”

 

The grin on Yong's face was instantaneous.

 

“Oh god, you did! I didn't even realize until now.” 

 

Wheein was too flustered with her accidental confession that she just got out of Yong's arms, turned around and shouted,

 

“Shower fast, Yong! You know how Hyejinie doesn't like waiting.”

 

Yong just laughed, feeling energized already before turning around. She suddenly saw Wheein's mom standing in the kitchen, shaking her head with a smile on her face.

 

“You two, I swear.”

 

“We should have taken a jeepney for old times sake.” Yong said before parking her car near the covered court. 

 

Wheein shook her head and grabbed the umbrella from her bag. “Unnie, it's already too hot and remember the last time you told me you took public transportation? People barely gave you any space.” 

 

Yong sighed. Although she did love her fans, being recognized majority of the time she's on vacation would compromise it. Wheein saw how her expression dropped and smiled sympathetically.

 

She got out and walked towards Wheein's side and grabbed the umbrella so she could shield them both from the sun.



 

Wheein let her. Even then Yong would take care of her this way and she in turn would feed both of them snacks while they walked home.

 

They were getting closer to the covered court and could clearly see Byul and Hyejin arguing. No surprise there. They usually argue playfully and act inseparable right after.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter