Open your Heart

My Happiness starts with U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryujin was slightly confused.

 

It was a day like every other and still, she felt like she did something wrong. Did she forget someone's birthday or important homework?

 

No, the feeling was different, and it was bothering her to no end. She took steps backward, trying to find the moment things went wrong.

It was to no use in the end and so she continued her day, in a groggy mood.

 

Luckily she only had two classes and dance practice left and then she could go back to her room and stay there.

However, she hoped her thoughts would gather till then, not wanting to spend the rest of her day with it.

 

 

 

"What's with the long face?"

She looked up to see Chaeryeong walking toward her with her usual smile

 

 

 

"She always looks like a gangster"

Yuna said, walking next to the older girl.

 

Ryujin lifted her hand and balled in a fist to shut the tall girl up, but it made her friends just laugh

 

 

 

"See what I mean?"

Chaeryeong shoved Yuna away with a chuckle and turned back to her same old friend

 

 

 

"Now spit it out"

Ryujin let out a huff

 

 

 

"It's nothing. Something is keeping my mind occupied but I can't figure out the reason for it"

 

 

 

"Forgot a birthday?"

 

 

 

"Forgot some homework?"

Yuna and Chaeryeong asked, making the dancers laugh at how they thought about the same things.

 

The three then walked to their classroom, continuing their talk

 

 

 

"Hey, is it true that you are going out with this girl Gowon?"

Yuna then asked

 

 

 

"Yeah, she asked, and I have nothing else to do on the day"

 

 

 

"You like her?"

Chaeryeong asked in confusion

 

 

 

"You know I like Yeji Unnie. But maybe it's a way to finally move on"

she said, suddenly feeling a bit down by thinking about the older girl

 

 

 

"What do mean with moving on, you didn't even try anything. Don't you think it would be unfair for Gowon to go out with her even if your heart belongs to someone else?"

Chaeryeong asked, sorry for her friend who isn't the best at showing her feelings.

 

 

 

"I agree with Unnie. Also, I heard that Jimin is interested in Jeongyeon Unnie and wants to use you to get close to her"

Yuna said, making Ryujin frown since she pictured Jimin as a kind girl.

 

 

 

"Hey, don't let her get to you. I bet it to hear someone trying to use you to get closer to your sister"

Chaeryeong said after seeing her friend's expression

 

 

 

"I don't care about it. I just don't want someone trying to meddle between Jeongyeon Unnie's relationship with Jihyo Unnie. My sister is sadly too obvious to see if someone flirts with her. I pity Jihyo Unnie sometimes because she is so dense"

 

 

 

"Seems like it runs in the family"

Ryujin wanted to hit Yuna for her remark, but she had to agree so she let it go. 

 

 

For now.

 

 

Classes started shortly after, so they stopped their talk but only until classes started.

Since they sat next to each other they continued where they left on.

 

 

 

"Why aren't you asking Yeji Unnie out? I heard from Lia Unnie that she likes you too"

Chaeryeong said making Ryujin frown

 

 

 

"Lia Unnie loves to annoy her best friend, so of course, she makes up something like this. And I can't ask her out. I don't know how"

 

 

 

"The party at Dahyun Unnie's house is in two days. You could at least ask her if she will be there as well"

Yuna said.

 

 

Ryujin let out a groan, knowing her friends wouldn't stop until she agreed.

The groan was a bit louder than it was attended so she quickly apologized to the teacher and looked down at her table, hating the short moment of attention she got.

 

 

 

"Yeji Unnie will be there as well"

 

 

 

"How can you be so sure?"

 

 

 

"Lia Unnie is friends with Sana Unnie, who is Dahyun Unnie's girlfriend. If Lia Unnie goes, then she will ask her best friend. Yeji Unnie will ask Sana Unnie, who asks Jihyo Unnie, which means my sister will also be there. Do you know how embarrassing she can be?"

Chaeryeong laughed slightly, remembering when Jeongyeon was picking up Jihyo from dance practice and babied Ryujin in front of everyone until her girlfriend pulled her away.

 

 

 

"Seems like the whole gang is there. Momo Unnie will also be there with her new fling, Nayeon Unnie"

This made Chaeryeong gasp

 

 

 

"She finally asked her out? She was so shy when we had dance practice"

 

 

 

"I thought Nayeon Unnie is together when Yeri Unnie"

Both girls looked at Ryujin with a poker face.

 

 

 

"You should go out more. They broke up months ago. Do you never read the news?"

Yuna asked, making Ryujin shake her head

 

 

 

"The news about you going on a date with Jimin Unnie is also there"

she then added

 

 

 

"I should probably cancel it before everyone knows about it"

she then mumbled

 

 

 

"You mean Yeji Unnie?"

Chaeryeong asked with a slight smirk

 

 

 

"No, Yeji Unnie and Momo Unnie were with me since we talked about the Choreography for the next dance"

After explaining it, a loud sound was heard.

 

 

Both Chaeryeong and Yuna slapped their foreheads at the same time making the sound louder.

Almost everyone's attention was on them.

The two stood up and bowed to the teacher, apologizing for interrupting the class.

 

The three stopped their talk for a moment, not wanting to get detention if their teacher caught them again.

Ryujin was writing down some notes when she got a small piece of paper from Chaeryeong.

 

After opening it, she rolled her eyes when she saw two different writings in bold letters, spelling the word 'IDIOT'

She looked at her friends with her shoulders shrugging, asking what this was about. They mouthed a few things she didn't get so she gestured for them to wait until classes ended.

 

 

However, when it ended they just padded her shoulder

 

 

"Find out on your own Unnie"

 

 

 

"I pray for Yeji Unnie"

She didn't really get what Chaeryeong and Yuna meant but she wasn't in the mood to give it another thought, so she bit them goodbye and went to her next class.

 

 

She had more and more thoughts clouding her mind and she didn't like it. Thinking about Yeji always gave her a headache, stomachache, or heartache.

They got to know each other through dancing and Ryujin developed a crush pretty quickly.

 

She didn't know when it started but she always felt kind of different when the older girl was near her.

She loved and hated it at the same time.

Feelings she never felt before started to creep into her mind and she didn't know what was right and what was wrong.

 

She wanted Yeji but the thought of losing her as a friend made it impossible for Ryujin to be brave and ask her out.

Her friends always tell her that the feelings are mutual, but she can't believe it.

 

How could someone as bright and passionate as Yeji, like someone who's lazy and a pessimist like her?

 

Ryujin had so many mixed feelings that she couldn't concentrate on her class. She thinks her professor gave them an essay to work on, but she isn't sure.

She just has to ask someone from her classes later, hoping they could help her. She isn't in the mood to attend the party; she never is but she promised her friends from the dance group that she will come.

 

Well, she only agreed when Yeji was looking at her with those puppy eyes, but she would deny it if Chaeryeong or Yuna asked her about it.

And that's also the reason why she can't ask Yeji about the party since she is already there.

 

It would be weird to ask her about something the older girl already confirmed However, she really needs to talk to Jimin.

She doesn't want to go out with her if her intentions are what her friends told her.

 

She thought about warning her sister, but she decided against it, not wanting to bother her.

It also would probably lead to an argument with Jihyo which would always lead to Jeongyeon sleeping over at Ryujin's place.

 

Sure, the two are quick to make up again but the girl can't keep up with her sister complaining about everything and nothing.

She hated that the feeling that something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter