Back in time

My Happiness starts with U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji couldn't believe what she was seeing. After she got home from work she looked through her mail only to find a letter addressed to her which made her speechless. She put the rest away and opened the letter while putting her bag away and getting out of her boots, moving to the couch. 
 

 

 


'Dear Hwang Yeji,
 
It's been ten years since we graduated from High school. 
We would like to invite you to our 10th anniversary on the *****
The location is in ****
We start the event at 5 pm with a welcoming speech from our student of honor Song Yuqi. 
Free food and drinks are provided.
You can also bring your plus 1 with you.
Hope we see you at the event.
 
Class president Jeon Soyeon'
 

 

 

 


After reading the letter she didn't know what to do for a moment. 

'The nerve to even put my name on the list after everything that happened' 
Yeji couldn't handle the memories flooding her mind and ripped the piece of paper apart to put it in the trashcan right after. 

She then took a short shower, trying to distract herself, but memories from her High school life flooded through her mind and she got cold, not being able to heat herself up with the water. 

"Stop thinking about it. Ryujin will be home any moment and you can't be a mess" 
Yeji mumbled to herself while getting out of the shower and drying herself up. She then got into comfortable clothes and cleaned the house a bit, still hoping to put her mind on something else. She thought about calling her sister but she didn't want to disturb her, so she just listened to music while waiting for her fiancé. 


"Yedong I'm home" 
Ryujin called out. 

Yeji put her headphones away before going to her lover, greeting her with a kiss 


"How was work?" 
Ryujin chuckled while pulling her jacket and boots off 


"Like the usual, except that Ms. Oh presented a new advertisement but there were pictures in between that her son drew. The funniest part was that our boss liked it and had a few ideas for a kid's product" 
Yeji laughed at it, taking Ryujin's bag to put it away. Ryujin then took the mail and went through it 


"Something new?" 
She then asked, referring to the post in her hand 


"No nothing special" 
Yeji replied but her eyes widened when Ryujin inspected the letter on the bottom 

"Oh look at that" 
The younger girl said when she opened it 


"Our High school is planning a reunion. That's awesome" 
Ryujin said with a bright smile. 


However, when she looked at her fiancé, she was confused to see Yeji with a stunned expression 


"Something wrong?" 
She asked but the older girl just shook her head and smiled back at her 


"No, I was just a bit surprised" 


"It's next next weekend already. Lucky that both of us are free" 
Ryujin said after taking a look at their schedule 


"I'm not going" 
Yeji said and then turned around to go to the kitchen to wipe the counter. 
Ryujin followed after, feeling like she misunderstood her 


"Why would you not go?" 
Yeji shrugged her shoulders 


"Reunions like these are not for me. I also didn't get an invitation, so I should just stay here, but you can have fun and talk with your old friends" 
Ryujin thought it was weird for Yeji to say this since they usually do everything together 


"I can take a plus 1 with me. Don't you want to see your old friend too?" 
Yeji couldn't hold back a scoff. She then looked at Ryujin with a soft smile 


"I really don't need to go okay? I don't want to go" 


"Did something happen in High school that you're so against it?" 
Slowly Yeji was getting annoyed 


"Nothing happened, I just don't want to go. Can't you just accept it?" 
Yeji wanted to go but Ryujin held her still, looking at her in worry 


"Now that I think about it, you never really talked about your High school experience. What is there you're not telling me? I thought you trusted me" Yeji had enough 


"There is nothing to talk about. Can't you just let it go? Why are you so obsessed with my past when you should concentrate on the here and now" 
She said and put some distance from Ryujin 


"Yeji-ah. I do concentrate on the present but it seems like you are not over your past and I'm afraid that things in the future will become difficult if you don't fix it" 
Yeji groaned in frustration 


"Just let it go Ryujin" 
She repeated and went to their bedroom but the younger girl was still following her 


"Babe" 
she tried in a soft tone. 

Yeji could feel herself getting teary and she hated it. She swore to herself to never cry again, except they are tears of happiness. 


"You know what. I think it will be best if I sleep over at Dahyun's house. I miss the kids" 


"Are you seriously running away from this conversation?" 
Ryujin asked while stopping Yeji from packing 


"I'm not running away but I'm getting tired of this conversation and you can't seem to accept my answers" 
Ryujin looked at the older girl for a moment, trying to see if she was serious before letting go. 


"Fine, but at least talk to your sister about it. It seems like I'm the wrong person for it" 
Yeji hated how sad her fiancé sounded but she couldn't talk to her about it. She never wanted to talk about it again. She had therapy for two years without telling Ryujin and she doesn't want her to know now.

After packing everything Yeji went out, not even saying anything else to Ryujin. 

The younger girl doesn't know what she did wrong. She couldn't recognize Yeji. She was so indifferent and closed up. Even if they fought about something, usually Yeji would stay home and they make up the moment they go to bed, so it hurt her to see that Yeji just went to her sister. With a deep sigh, she stood up and took the trash out, since she wanted to get into comfortable clothes. 
While walking, she took a glance at the trash and stopped for a moment when she saw pieces of a letter inside. She was shocked to see that it was the same letter she got a few minutes ago. 


"So she was invited too and lied to me" 
Ryujin mumbled to herself, confused as to why Yeji would do something like this. It was frustrating that she wouldn't get any information from her fiancé. 
They are supposed to marry in less than three months and Ryujin thought she knows everything about Yeji. Now she found out that she is missing at least two to three years of her life but Yeji wouldn't tell her anything about it. 

When the two got to know each other in college, Ryujin always said that it would be cool if they already met in High school because it was one of the best years of her life before she met Yeji. 
The older girl just agreed to it, not saying anything about it, so Ryujin assumed that Yeji also had a good High school experience. Now that she found out that there was more to it, she felt stupid and didn't even know how to fix it. 


Yeji on the other hand drove to her sister. She called Dahyun on her way, making sure that her sister-in-law was okay with her staying over the night. When she arrived at the house and got outside she could smile again when two little munchkins were running towards her. 

"Auntie" 
Yeji let go of her bag to be able to pick up the two kids 


"Urgh my little bunnies grew up" 
She then got a peck on the cheek from both of them before another voice called for them 

"Minji, Nikki, let Aunt Yeji get inside first" 
The two kids went back to the house with Yeji following them. 


"Thanks Mina" 
Yeji greeted her sister-in-law with a hug 


"Dahyun is in her office since a patient called" 
Yeji nodded and followed Mina to the guest room to put her bag away 


"I was about to cook dinner. Would you mind playing with the kids?" 
Yeji smiled and nodded 


"I missed the two. I can't believe Minji is already becoming five in a few weeks" 
The Japanese girl sighed 


"I know. I feel like I gave birth to Nikki just a few days ago" 
Yeji laughed at it 


"At least the two stopped fighting all the time" 


"That's good to hear. How did you do it?" 


"We just gave Minji to understand that Nikki is just as important as Mommy and Eomma" 
Yeji was glad to hear it, remembering how sad Nikki sometimes looked when Minji didn't let him play with her toys. 


"Do you want to talk about what happened with Ryujin? Or do you want to wait for Dahyun?" 


"I guess you will hear it from Dahyun either way" 
Yeji said before telling Mina what happened. 


The Japanese could understand both of their sides but knew why Yeji was hiding the memory from Ryujin. She was there when Yeji had the worst time in her life. 
At the time she was just a good friend of Dahyun but every time she visited their house and saw Yeji, she felt sorry for the girl. It also hurt her to see Dahyun frustrated, since she couldn't do anything to help her. 

Probably also the reason why Dahyun became a psychologist, is to help people like Yeji forget about a horrible trauma they experienced. 
Mina sometimes feels weird to think that she realized her feelings for Dahyun because of Yeji's struggles since she saw a different side in Dahyun, who did everything to protect her little sister. 

When Yeji finished telling her, Mina tried to give her some advice but she knew it was better if her wife did it. Yeji was just thankful to have someone who listened to her, someone who understood her situation. 

The two then went down, Yeji playing with Minji and Nikki while Mina was making dinner. Dahyun was still on the phone with a patient, so Yeji had to wait until she would get some advice from her sister. 


While Yeji spent time with her nephew and niece, Ryujin was sitting on the couch. The TV was on but she wasn't listening to what was happening. She replayed her fight with Yeji in her head, to see if she missed something, but she couldn't think of something she did wrong. She wasn't hungry, or tired. She just needed answers but Yeji wasn't willing to share her past. Ryujin couldn't just sit around and do nothing, so she decided to call some of her old friends. 

However, each of them never heard anything about Yeji or didn't remember her. This was until she called Hyunjin who also confirmed that he would go to the reunion. 


"Quick question. Do you remember a girl in High school named Hwang Yeji?" 
There was silence for a moment. 


'I remember two Yejis. One of them was bullied the whole time and then there was this one Jisung had a crush on. It was so hilarious how he was reje-' 


"Yeah, I remember this one as well, but back to the one who got bullied? Why did she get bullied?" 


'I don't know. Because of her looks? I only heard some of the guys talking about her. How do you not remember?' 


"I guess I was too occupied with my ex" 


'I'm glad to hear that you aren't with that witch anymore. Are you seeing someone these days?' 
Ryujin then sighed and told Hyunjin about Yeji.

He was shocked to hear their story but was glad to hear that Ryujin had a happy relationship 


'I get why she doesn't want to attend the reunion. A lot of those jerks will come and I believe she doesn't want to reopen the scars she got from them' 
Ryujin suddenly let go of her phone. 

She didn't want to believe it but hearing Hyunjin say it, made her doubt it. Yeji has two scars on her body. When Ryujin asked her about it, the older girl just told her that they were from when she was a kid but hearing that her love was bullied in High school made her imagine things she hopes are not real. 

She then p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter