Not the Time

My Happiness starts with U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji couldn't believe that she failed her audition again. She worked so hard on it, neglecting her classes and friends to practice more. Seeing the Email she received where they tried their best to deliver the bad news in the kindest words possible, she felt like her time went to waste.

 

So instead of crying again and asking herself if she was just not good enough, she wanted to get wasted with her friends and forget everything that happened. Luckily her friends didn't argue and were happy to spend time with her again.

The only one who was still careful around her was Ryujin, her best friend. Yeji thought it was quite cute that the younger worried but she just repeated that she was fine and smiled at her best friend.

 

Ryujin on the other hand kept her eyes on Yeji, waiting for the moment the older girl cracked. She knows how hard Yeji worked for the audition. She always said to her that she would get even more chances after graduating from college but Yeji was so determined to get this job, as if there was nothing else she wanted more.

Sometimes Ryujin couldn't understand her way of thinking but it didn't stop her from supporting her best friend.

 

While drinking with their friends, Ryujin was nipping from her beer from time to time while Yeji and the others were taking shot after shot. She already knew that the older girl would be drunk so she wanted to stay a little sober so that she could take care of her later.

The more time went by, Ryujin could see Yeji's smile fall. It was like the older girl was slowly realizing her inner feelings.

 

Usually, when Yeji gets drunk she is a mix of tired and excited. It's like she is built like a battery. The younger watched every motion Yeji made. When she saw a certain blinking in her eyes she stood up and went over closer to Yeji before she would hurt herself.

 

 

"It's time to go home"

Ryujin said and didn't give Yeji any time to argue with her.

 

She bid goodbye to their friends before bringing Yeji out of the bar. She was glad to be finally out and breathing fresh air, however, her attention was quickly on her best friend when she felt Yeji getting heavier

 

 

"Nooo, don't fall asleep on me in the middle of here"

Ryujin said and held Yeji up.

 

The older girl's apartment was only a few blocks away but she wouldn't be able to bring her home like this. Yeji mumbled something and opened her eyes for a moment

 

 

"Come on, get on my back"

Ryujin then turned around and helped Yeji climb up on her.

 

 

The moment she was on her back, Yeji fell asleep, but at least she still had her arms around Ryujin's neck so that she wouldn't fall off. The younger girl then walked to Yeji's apartment, enjoying the fresh breeze.

 

She was glad that not too many people were walking around which gave Yeji the silence she needed right now. Ryujin was just glad that drunk Yeji never threw up no matter how much she drank, so she wasn't that hard to handle.

 

A few minutes later, she reached Yeji's apartment. Luckily the girl had an elevator in the building or Ryujin would have died from walking the stairs. She thought about waking the older girl up, but she also had the spare key to Yeji's apartment, so it wasn't needed.

After getting inside and closing the front door, Ryujin went to the bedroom to put Yeji down. She had to smile when Yeji whined and stretched her arms out, probably missing the warmth.

 

The younger girl went to the kitchen and filled a glass with water. She then went back to the room and woke Yeji up that she would drink the glass. The older girl mumbled a thank you before falling back asleep.

 

Ryujin just chuckled and took Yeji's shoes and her clothes off except her underwear to make her wear something more comfortable. She also took some out for herself, since she would sleep over at the apartment to make sure Yeji was safe.

While changing the older girl's clothes, she heard a quiet whimper, making her look at her best friend

 

 

"I wish I would have passed"

Yeji whispered in her drunken state still with her eyes closed

 

 

"I know, next time you will pass"

She whispered back, caressing Yeji's hair, before tucking her under the blanket

 

 

"But now I can't ask you out on a date"

Ryujin was shocked to hear that.

 

She didn't know Yeji liked her like this. All those years she thought her feelings were one-sided and now she finds out that Yeji has mutual feelings.

She didn't know what she was supposed to do so she left a peck on Yeji's cheek before going out of the room. The older girl was probably sleep-talking, so Ryujin didn't feel comfortable with hearing all this. She decided to just let it go for now and went to the couch to get some sleep as well.

 

 

The morning she was wake up by the smell of breakfast. Ryujin was always surprised how fit Yeji was the next morning even after drinking so muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter