Chapter 7

Chance With You [Jenlisa]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 5:30 in the afternoon and Jisoo was probably already on her way to Lisa's house. Lisa on the other hand was beginning to feel nervous, her thoughts were overwhelming her and she definitely needed Jisoo so she could let all her thoughts out.

 

A knock on the door was heard and Lisa jolted up from the couch to get it.

 

"What the hell happened?" Jisoo started and walked inside Lisa's house.

 

"Oh god, I don't even know where to begin." Lisa breathed out and followed Jisoo to the couch. "Did she go to class earlier? She left here before lunch, I told her to head first to her house, her mom was probably worried."

 

"She didn't, she told Chaeyoung she was sick." Jisoo said and she gasped. "Why would she lie about visiting you last night?" Jisoo wondered. "But anyway, w00hat was she doing here?"

 

"She couldn't take my cold treatment and so she confronted me about it. And even if I wanted to run away from her, I couldn't. I got cornered." Lisa sighed.

 

"How did it go?"

 

"She was a mess. She was blaming herself because she thought it was her fault why I was avoiding her but, of course, I can't tell her the real reason why so I just thought of an alibi."

 

"What did you even tell her?" Jisoo scoffed as she crossed her arms.

 

"I remembered when she once told me about her and her family going back to New Zealand after graduation. I told her I was just preparing myself to live without her."

 

Jisoo gasped. "Are they really?"

 

"She said they aren't sure yet but even if they would, she said she'd rather stay here. I don't know if she's sure about that, she's drunk when she told me."

 

"But there's a saying—"

 

"Drunk people tend to tell the truth? I've heard about it but you can never be sure about that." Lisa dismissively said and she remembered those three words that Jennie had said that night.

 

"I love you."

 

Lisa shook her thoughts away and cleared . "But to make the story short, I just cut the act off."

 

Jisoo gasped once more. "You finally told her?" She said in surprise.

 

"Of course not, I told her that I'm not going to ignore her again. But my feelings for her? I think I'm just going to bury it somewhere." Lisa shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. But I hope things won't be more complicated than before."

 

"Well, things won't be complicated if you're honest with yourself and to those around you." Jisoo said a matter-of-factly.

 

"I hate that you're right." Lisa sighed.

 

"I'm always right." Jisoo pointed out and Lisa playfully rolled her eyes.

 

"Do you think I made the right decision?" Lisa worriedly asked.

 

"I don't know. Honestly, it's all up to you how you're going to play your cards. There's no right way to play it as long as you know you're winning." Jisoo shrugged. "Do you think you're winning?"

 

"I don't know. I feel torn!" Lisa buried her face in her hand. "Not to mention she kissed me last night." She mumbled.

 

"What?!" Jisoo exclaimed and Lisa flinched at her loud voice. "She did?! What did she say after that happened?"

 

"She doesn't remember it happened so I guess it's a good thing for her, but for me, it's messing me up." Lisa sighed, eyes glued to the floor.

 

"Oh God." Jisoo laughed as she shook her head. "That is actually the most unexpected thing to hear from you today. But do you think she might actually have feelings for you because she did the unthinkable? I mean not to be against Jennie being into you but I just didn't picture it this soon."

 

"I've known her long enough, and even if the possibility of her liking girls too, she would tell me sooner. We don't keep things from each other." Lisa pointed out and she sighed as she realized what she had said. "I mean she doesn't keep anything from me."

 

"Well, femme lesbians exist." Jisoo shrugged.

 

"That's not my point." Lisa gave Jisoo a look. "The fact that she had a boyfriend is already enough for me to know that I won't stand a chance."

 

"You're so stupid, do you realize how ridiculous you sound?" 

 

"I know, I heard myself but that kiss probably didn't mean anything to her. She probably mistook me for someone. I don't know."

 

"What, she thought you're Jongin?" Jisoo scoffed.

 

"I mean that's not impossible, why not?" Lisa shrugged.

 

"You dumb ." Jisoo exhaled and shook her head. "You know what, let's just see how everything goes. I'm excited to see what will happen." She added with a hint of sarcasm.

 

"You're saying it like it's scary." Lisa chuckled. "Anyway, what did I miss in class?" she asked, changing the topic.

 

****

 

Thank God it was already the weekend and Lisa was free from school responsibilities. Lisa thought it was a perfect opportunity to make it up to Jimin from the night she left her hanging when Jennie crashed into her house. It was 3:00 on a Sunday afternoon and Lisa stopped by Jimin's dorm to pick her up so they could go to the cafe together. Jimin just got back earlier from her home.

 

[Lisa]
I'm here outside 😁

 

Lisa pressed send with a smile and waited patiently outside. Her smile slowly faded when she saw Jimin's roommate going to the door with plastic bags filled with groceries in her hand glaring at her. It still puzzled her why Minjeong was giving her that look when they had not even interacted before.

 

"Excuse me, do we have a problem?" Lisa spoke, she couldn't take the glare anymore.

 

Minjeong just rolled her eyes and went inside, ignoring Lisa's question.

 

"What the hell is her deal?" Lisa said out loud as she let out a frustrated sigh.

 

Seconds later, the door opened again and Lisa's face lit up. Jimin timidly smiled and closed the door behind her.

 

"Hey." Jimin greeted.

 

"Hi." Lisa smiled. "Let's go?" Jimin nodded and the two started walking. 

 

There was a short awkward silence until Jimin broke the ice.

 

"So, how did it go with Jennie?"

 

"I guess we're okay now." Lisa nodded. "How was home?"

 

"I missed my bed." Jimin chuckled. 

 

Lisa reached for Jimin's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter