Chapter 2

Chance With You [Jenlisa]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was frozen after what Jisoo had told her. It was odd for her, she knew how it felt like when she has feelings for someone but even though it was a familiar feeling, it was ironically strange. And of all people, why Jennie? It felt wrong.

 

"Earth to Lisa? Are you still here?" Jisoo snapped her fingers in front of Lisa and the latter blinked. "Are you okay?" Jisoo chuckled.

 

"No, I'm not." Lisa answered as if she was traumatized.

 

"Hey, I'm not going to tell Jennie. I promise." Jisoo sincerely said and it was the first time Lisa saw her this serious. "I'm in no position to spoil anything. It should be between you and her, I'm just here to support you." She half-smiled.

 

"Thanks." Lisa sighed in relief.

 

"Are you going to tell her?"

 

"I-I don't know. Maybe not." Lisa started panicking. "We're best friends. This shouldn't be happening!"

 

"Hey, snap out of it. It's normal, okay?" Jisoo nonchalantly said.

 

"Normal? Do you hear yourself? Of course it's not! We're best friends, this could ruin what we have and I don't want that to happen." Lisa sighed. "She's all I have." She added, mumbling.

 

"Look, if she's your best friend then she would accept you for who you are, no judgments." Jisoo shrugged.

 

"You make it sound so easy. This is actually nerve-wracking."

 

"I have a question, though."

 

"What?" Lisa furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"How come you're not aware that you have feelings for Jennie?"

 

"Hey, shh!" Lisa hurriedly shushed Jisoo and then cautiously looked around them. "Someone might hear you, you idiot." Lisa whispered.

 

"You're an idiot." Jisoo said in a normal voice then laughed, shaking her head. "But really, aren't you aware of how you feel about her?"

 

"I do, I guess..." Lisa sighed, dropping her shoulders. "Being scared made me not really want to admit it to myself. I tried denying it to myself, thinking that it might go away sooner or later but it's not really helping. What do you think should I do?" Lisa said under her breath.

 

"You don't really want to tell her?" Jisoo asked and Lisa shook her head as response.

 

"I'm...scared. Now that you mentioned that I like Jennie, I feel like everything that I do for her won't be the same anymore."

 

"You know what, do you think there's actually a reason why Jennie broke up with Jongin earlier? She could be lying about them growing apart." Jisoo shrugged.

 

"That was actually the first time that I couldn't read what was on her mind so I couldn't tell myself."

 

"But come to think of it, maybe she notices the way you look at her, and seeing you being bitter about her boyfriend made her reconsider her decision about him that's why she broke up with him so she could be with you, right?" Jisoo reasoned.

 

"Ugh, don't even put ideas into my head. That's dangerous for me. And besides, I don't really think Jennie is that kind of person, she's straighter than a stick."

 

"A stick can be bent." Jisoo rolled her eyes. "But the worst thing that could happen to you is she could completely ignore you after you tell her how you feel about her."

 

"Argh, maybe it's better if I'd just forget her." Lisa groaned and buried her face in the table. "Why can't I just be normal?"

 

"What are you even talking about, there's nothing wrong with you." Jisoo said and patted Lisa on the head.

 

Lisa lifted her head, her lips pouting.

 

"Yes, there is. I'm a girl, Jennie's a girl. We can't be together." Lisa sighed, blowing her bangs away.

 

"You're wrong, there is nothing wrong when it comes to love. Follow your heart." Jisoo said.

 

"What do you know about it, we've never seen you being in a relationship." Lisa said, and then she gasped. "Are you in a secret relationship?" she asked in shock and Jisoo laughed.

 

"I'm just not dumb like you, idiot." Jisoo shook her head.

 

"But still, in the eyes of many, what I feel is wrong." Lisa exasperatedly said and the waiter came with their food.

 

"Enjoy your meal." The waiter smiled and the two just smiled and nodded.

 

"Oh, stop being a wussy." Jisoo dismissively said and started digging in her food.

 

"I'm not! I'm just being realistic."

 

"But seriously, what's your plan now?" Jisoo asked.

 

"I have no idea." Lisa responded, staring into the void.

 

****

 

Lisa decided to go to the university earlier than usual. She needed to find a reason so Jennie wouldn't pick her up. She headed to the library and she thanked God there were students in the library as well, she wouldn't know where else to go if the library was empty. Lisa sat in an empty cubicle and decided to take a nap since she woke up early just to avoid Jennie.

 

As Lisa was already asleep soundly, she jolted up when her phone vibrated. She checked her phone with her eyes squinted and her eyes widened when she saw the screen.

 

23 missed calls and a text from Jennie.

 

Lisa sighed and leaned her back on the chair before viewing the message, her heart pounding nervously.

 

[Jennie]
Where are you? I'm outside your house and you're not answering my calls. Are you okay? 🥺

 

Lisa shook her head, she actually didn't tell Jennie she was at school already. And God, why did Jennie have to use that emoji?

 

[Lisa]
Hey, I'm actually at the uni already. Sorry I forgot to tell you.

 

After Lisa pressed send, she heavily sighed and decided to text Jisoo.

 

[Lisa]
What time are you going to class? I'm in the library and I'm getting bored and also nervous.

 

To Lisa's surprise, Jisoo texted back just a minute after she sent the message.

 

[Jisoo]
What the hell are you even doing there at this hour? I just got out of the shower, probably going to eat first before heading there. And what's there to be nervous about?

 

[Lisa]
I don't know what to say and how to act in front of Jennie later. Come here fast, I'll eat with you.

 

Jisoo didn't reply and Lisa just waited for her to text her where she would meet her.

 

The two went to the cafeteria and ordered breakfast for them then they find a table for them.

 

"Why are you here early again?" Jisoo asked as they sat down, placing the tray on the table.

 

"Maybe I plan to avoid Jennie when I can. I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter