Chapter 1

Chance With You [Jenlisa]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was never a fan of Mondays. If only she wasn't friends with this special person, she wouldn't even get out of her bed and just skip her class instead. And if she did, she would have received a ton of messages from her about her absence.

 

She blankly stared in the mirror at her bathroom, still grasping the idea that it was Monday; the beginning of the week, the beginning of tolerating how everything every Monday. Lisa heard her phone buzz beside the sink.

 

A text from Jennie saying she was out front of her house.

 

Jennie.

 

Aside from breaks between classes and friends, Jennie made Lisa's Mondays a bit tolerable. They had known each other for ages and it would be an understatement that they don't know each other well, they could almost read each other's minds. They're best friends after all so it was not shocking to know. 

 

Lisa sighed and took her bag from her bed and went out of her house. She was met by a smiling Jennie and somehow, Lisa found herself smiling as well. They always go to the university together in Jennie's car. 

 

As the two hopped in the car, Jennie broke the ice.

 

"How is my best friend's morning?" Jennie giggly asked.

 

"Oh don't even start." Lisa deadpanned and Jennie laughed as she started to drive.

 

"Damn, why do you have to be sarcastic? Would you even miss when we graduate? It's our last year in college anyway." Jennie joked.

 

"Miss you? Why would I miss you?" Lisa scoffed, avoiding Jennie's gaze.

 

"Because for sure, right after college we would be apart from each other, having different lives. You might also forget about me." Jennie said and Lisa noticed how the latter's voice hinted a sad tone.

 

"I won't forget you." Lisa mumbled, her eyes outside the window. Jennie did somehow catch what Lisa had said.

 

"I wonder how this year would turn out, though." Jennie changed the topic.

 

"Another year of tolerating bulls of course." Lisa said. 

 

"You are such a mood killer, you know that?" Jennie chuckled.

 

"You know how I hate Mondays, weekends are too short that I never get to enjoy anything for a while." Lisa groaned.

 

"Alright, I get you." Jennie smiled. "You know what, why don't you stay with us? I mean, you probably feel lonely living alone in your house."

 

"Just because I live alone doesn't mean I feel lonely, okay." Lisa said. "Besides, I've been alone ever since, you know, my parents abandoned me but at least they still have the heart to give me anything I need to live so I'm fine with it."

 

"What if I stay with you there?" Jennie blurted, making Lisa look at her with a surprised look.

 

"What do you even mean by that?"

 

"Or maybe we should tell Jisoo and Chaeyoung to have a sleepover every weekend so you wouldn't be alone anymore."

 

Lisa secretly smiled. She knew Jennie was always the kind one among them but what the latter said actually caught her off guard. Lisa always knew Jennie as the one who wouldn't give up what she had for something that wouldn't benefit her. Unless Jennie would benefit something from staying with Lisa at her house. Who knows?

 

"I'm okay by myself. And remember the last time we did that at my house? It was a mess. I hate cleaning up so I should pass." Lisa said, making Jennie laugh at the memory.

 

"Well, I've never seen you so happy like that. When we're in school, you're like a different person." Jennie commented.

 

"We all are different when we're in different places."

 

"Not when you're around me." Lisa looked at Jennie, her heart swelling. "Oh, I forgot to text Jisoo and Chaeyoung that we're on our way already. Text them for me please." Jennie said adorably, making Lisa chuckle softly as she was shaking her head and pulled her phone out to text their two other friends.

 

Lisa knew Jennie when they were in grade school. She still remembered it was one Friday afternoon when Jennie talked to her first. Lisa was the loner type while Jennie liked socializing. They were in the playground while there was a parent-teacher meeting happening inside their classroom. Lisa still remembered that toothy grin Jennie wore while the latter was approaching her, asking her to play with her dolls since most of the other kids were already playing with someone else. They had been inseparable ever since, even their parents had been aware of their adorable friendship to the point that their families got closer together as if they were one big family.

 

The two grew up with each other and shared almost everything together. They were always by each other's side when the other was under the weather. Jennie had also witnessed Lisa's miserable side when her parents decided to divorce. Being stone-hearted Lisa was, she never chose to live with either of her parents but instead decided to live in their own house and still support her as their child which they agreed. Up until now, Lisa was still angry about her parents' split. She had refused to believe that love was real. For her, love was only for those who are stupid to believe it was something that would last forever.

 

Jennie parked her car once they reached the school and they waited for Jisoo and Chaeyoung to meet with them there. Once Jennie saw the two walking towards them, she smiled big as she waved at them.

 

"Hey, you guys!" Jennie greeted them with a hug. "Gosh, I know I'm speaking too soon but I'm going to miss this once college is over." She said with a giggle.

 

"I'm today years old when I learned that you're weird." Jisoo deadpanned and Jennie threw her a playful glare.

 

"Day's still young for you two to banter." Chaeyoung shook her head. "Let's get going now." She hung her arm on Jennie's shoulder and the four started walking.

 

Since the hallway wasn't wide for the four of them to fit in a single line, they walked by pair—Lisa and Jisoo tailing behind Jennie and Chaeyoung. Lisa was just walking in silence when Jisoo tugged her sleeves close to her.

 

"So, how are you?" Jisoo whispered.

 

"Why are you whispering?" Lisa asked in a normal voice.

 

"Because I don't want Jennie to hear us talking, that's why." Jisoo rolled her eyes. "But you know what I mean, I know you know what I mean." She teasingly wiggled her eyebrows with a smile.

 

"I don't even know what you're talking about." Lisa said as she chuckled.

 

"Oh come on, I know how you look at her when she talks. It's been years since you're denied it, you dumb. I'm not leaving you alone unless you confess what you feel about her."

 

"What's in it for you if I tell you yes?"

 

"Then I'll help you!"

 

"Look." Lisa shook her head as she softly laughed. "I'd rather have my peace unbothered than feel something."

 

"Bummer." Jisoo pouted as she distanced herself a bit away from Lisa. "I know love when I see one." She said in a normal voice and Jennie turned her head to them.

 

"What was that?" Jennie asked with a confused look as if she didn't hear what Jisoo said clearly. Jisoo smirked and gave Lisa a side-eye before speaking again.

 

"I said—" 

 

Before Jisoo could even finish her sentence, Lisa cupped .

 

"She said you're the weird one among us." Lisa said as she nervously laughed.

 

"If I'm weird, then you're stupid." Jennie teased Jisoo back and turned her head back.

 

Jisoo removed Lisa's hand from hastily and then chuckled.

 

"Nice save." Jisoo sarcastically said and Lisa groaned.

 

"Are you free after class?" Lisa asked.

 

"What's with the sudden change of topic?" Jisoo teased.

 

"Are you free or not?"

 

"Free, I guess." Jisoo shrugged.

 

"I'll text you the address later."

 

"Suspense doesn't really suit you." Jisoo laughed and Lisa chuckled as she nudged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter