Chapter 4

Chance With You [Jenlisa]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa had no classes on Wednesdays and it was a perfect opportunity for her to shop for some groceries. She doesn't cook much but having stocks of food is always better than nothing.

 

She and Jennie never talked again after what happened last Monday and she was glad Jisoo didn't leave her side whenever she needed company. They would still eat lunch together but they never talk to each other. It was like there was a thick wall between them. Lisa was beginning to think if Chaeyoung was too stupid to not notice that Jennie was ignoring her.

 

Once Lisa was inside the grocery store, she got a push cart with her even though she would just buy a few things. She didn't like carrying a basket.

 

Eggs, checked.

 

Carton of milk, checked.

 

Instant ramen, checked.

 

Bread, checked.

 

Lisa lifted her head to look for the aisle she was looking for. As she was walking slowly, her eyes caught a familiar face. She slowly walked towards the person and a smile slowly grew on her face.

 

"Jimin?" Lisa asked and the person in question looked at her, almost jumping in shock. "Hey, I thought it was you." Lisa grinned.

 

"Hi. Jeez, you startled me there." Jimin chuckled. "No classes today?"

 

"Yeah, you?" Lisa asked back.

 

"Me too!" Jimin exclaimed and covered immediately as she realized she was too loud. "Sorry." Jimin lowered her voice as she giggled, making Lisa do the same.

 

"What are you looking for? I think you might need some help." Lisa offered.

 

"I need detergent soap."

 

"Alright, right this way. I'm also going to buy some." Lisa smiled and they walked to the aisle where the item they needed was located.

 

"Thank God you're here because I hate shopping alone." Jimin shared. "And sometimes I can't help myself from buying things I don't really need." she added, whispering and Lisa laughed. "If I don't prevent myself from buying things I don't need then how am I going to survive here, right?" Jimin chuckled.

 

"You remind me of my best friend." Lisa blurted.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah, she's an impulsive buyer sometimes." Lisa shook her head as she chuckled.

 

"And that reminds me, how are the two of you now? Did you make up?"

 

"No, we just stopped talking." Lisa dismissively said.

 

"Aren't you sad about it?"

 

"Hmm, I don't really know. I don't want to talk about it." Lisa halfheartedly chuckled.

 

"I'm sorry." Jimin sympathetically said as she put her hand on Lisa's shoulder.

 

"But I'm fine. I have other friends so I hang with them instead."

 

"Can I hang out with you guys, too?"

 

"Still having a hard time making friends, huh?" Lisa teased.

 

"Alright, I have to be honest, people here are so intimidating and as I've said before, everyone seems to have a friend already." Jimin sighed.

 

"Intimidating? Have you seen yourself?" Lisa unbelievably asked, making Jimin furrow her brow.

 

"What do you mean?" Jimin confusedly asked.

 

"I am intimidated by you."

 

"I'm intimidating? Really?" Jimin teased, smirking.

 

"Y-You don't look bad, that's what I meant." Lisa avoided Jimin's gaze and reached for the box of detergent powder and put it in the cart. "What about your roommate?" she changed the topic.

 

"My roommate?"

 

"Yeah, aren't you friends with her?"

 

"Ugh, even if she's the last person on Earth, I won't be friends with her." Jimin shook her head in disgust.

 

"What's your problem with her aside from her stealing your drink?" Lisa chuckled.

 

"She just seems arrogant, I hate arrogant people."

 

"How can you say that?"

 

"Look, I tried being nice to her since I moved in but all she did was give me glares and the silent treatment. It's like I'm talking to the air and she makes me feel like I'm invisible."

 

"So you're relieved that you met me at the coffee shop?" Lisa teased.

 

"At first? No. You spilled your drink on me, remember?"

 

Lisa blushed in embarrassment and couldn't find a word to say. Jimin suddenly laughed.

 

"I'm just joking. But yes, maybe I was relieved that I met you."

 

"Maybe?"

 

"Yeah." Jimin smiled and she took the detergent soap she needed and put it in her basket. "You're my first friend here who's not mean to me so thank you for spilling your drink on me, I guess." She lightheartedly chuckled and Lisa secretly smiled.

 

"Do you have any plans later?" Lisa asked and they continued walking.

 

"Nothing, why?"

 

"I was hoping if you'd like to hang out with me," Lisa timidly said.

 

"Sure, I'm free the whole afternoon. I'll just have to drop the grocery at the dorm," Jimin said.

 

"Great, I actually don't have anything to do and my friends aren't available so," Lisa said with a shrug but in reality, she had no idea if her friends actually had plans but one thing was for sure, she wanted to hang out with Jimin.

 

After shopping at the grocery store, Lisa went with Jimin first to the dorm to drop off her grocery and then the two headed to Lisa's house next. The whole ride going to Lisa's house wasn't dull like Lisa thought it would be, thanks to Jimin's bubbly personality.

 

"You have a nice house." Jimin commented as they entered the house.

 

"Thanks." Lisa bashfully said. "Please, feel at home." She said and went to the kitchen to drop off her grocery.

 

"Are your parents at work?" Jimin asked as she sat on the couch.

 

"Um, my parents are divorced. I live here alone." Lisa said, trying to sound casual and Jimin widened her eyes in shock.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jimin apologized.

 

"It's nothing. It's not like they're dead or something." Lisa dismissively said but deep inside, she wished they were.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter