CHAPTER 3

Arts Meet Love

 

IN PARIS

“Finally, I’ve arrived in Paris”, Kwon Yuri said when she arrived at the airport.

She walked out of the airport with her luggage. She got into the taxi and went to her house that she bought in Paris. She arrived at the front door of the house. She unlocked the door and went inside the house. She put the entire luggage in the room and went out to look around the house. All the furniture had been placed in her new house. She sat on a couch in the living room.

“I hope I can start a new life here”, she said to herself.

Kwon Yuri was the daughter of CEO of Joseon Company in Korea. Joseon Company was one of the biggest companies in Korea on that time. Her parents put a high hope on her because she was the eldest child in the family and she was so capable in being the next leader of the company. But it was not her cup of tea to become the next CEO of her father’s company. She wanted to become a fashion designer because she really liked fashion in her life. She would follow the trendiest fashion in the world.

One day, she could not stand anymore with all the pressure from her parents including the arranged marriage between her and Taecyeon who was the son of Legacy Company. With all the money that she had, she left home without telling her parents at all and promised herself never to return back to Korea. She wanted to pursue her dream by finding some new ideas in other countries.

“I think I better take a stroll since I have come all the way to this beautiful country”, she said and walked out of the house.

She went for a walk at the park. As she was walking alone in the park, there was someone taking a picture of her far away from her. Choi Minho was busy taking pictures of beautiful scenery with his DSLR camera for his collections. He accidentally took a picture of Yuri when he was focusing to take the picture of the park.

Choi Minho was the son of a great football coach in Korea. In school, he was the athlete in every sport that he participated. He also became the captain of the basketball team. His father had become his inspiration to become a football player. However, his father did not encourage him to become a football player and told him to pursue other dreams. Even though it was hard for him but he followed his father’s words and got involved in photography.

The night had arrived and Yuri decided to head back home. She walked at the alley that was the only way to her house. It was so quiet that night. As she was walking, she could hear footsteps from behind. She quickened her footsteps and she could hear that someone was following her. She turned at the corner and could see a shadow approaching her from behind. She was scared as the shadow was getting closer to her. She decided to run as fast as she could but suddenly the shadow caught her. She screamed her lungs out and struggled to let go of herself from the old man. She thought that she might die on that moment.

Suddenly, she felt an impact that made her fall from the old man. She saw as the old man was being punched by someone that was so tall. She could not see clearly of the person because it was dark on that moment. She watched as both of them fought in the alley. She prayed that nothing could be wrong to the person that saved her even though she didn’t recognise him. Finally, after a long fight, the old man surrendered and ran away from both of them. Then, the man went towards Yuri and knelt in front of her.

“Are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere?”, he asked with his deep voice.

“I’m okay. Thank you for saving me. Oh my God, your face is bleeding”, she said while touching his face.

“It’s okay, I’m fine. You shouldn’t be walking alone in the night like this. It’s dangerous for you. Do you want me to walk you home?”, he asked.

“Sure, thank you”, she said and both of them walked to Yuri’s house.

They arrived at Yuri’s house.

“Please wait here for a minute”, she said and went inside to take the first aid kit.

She went out and saw him was still standing at the road. She approached him with the first aid kit in her hand.

“Let me put some medicine on your face”, she said and applied some ointment and she pasted the plaster on his face.

“There you go. It’s the way for me to thank you again. By the way, I’m Kwon Yuri”, she said.

“I’m Choi Minho. Thank you for putting some medicine on my face. You better go inside. I shall go now”, he said.

“Okay and thank you again, Minho-ssi”, she said and went inside the house.

Minho watched as she entered her house and he went back home.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ENJOY READING EVERYONE!