Chapter 2

Her Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi turned her head and looked at the woman she just bumped. That familiar feeling...Her heart began beating rapidly.

 

"J-Joohyun...."  She stuttered. Joohyun seemed hesitant to step closer.

"Seulgi..."

 

 

 

 

... 

 

It was her first time seeing Joohyun after all this time, and it only took a second for Seulgi's feelings to resurface. It has been so long..

 

Joohyun came close to her, "It's really you."

 

Joohyun looked into her eyes, she had missed her best friend so much.

 

They embraced each other in their embrace.

 

They stood like that for a few seconds before letting go from each other. Joohyun eyes were teary, as if she didn't believe what was happening.

 

She wiped away the tears from her face. 

 

"I'm sorry.. I can't believe it's finally you.. You're here."

 

Seulgi laughed lightly and wiped her tears, "Yeah it's me.." 

 

Seulgi didn't expect to meet Joohyun sooner but here they were.

 

Seulgi looked around, "It's not nice to talk while standing right on the entrance ." she joked. 

 

Joohyun smiled slightly and nodded.

 

"Are you going to buy something ?" Seulgi asked. 

Joohyun nodded again and smiled. 

 

"Yeah, I'm going to get some groceries."

 

"Did you drove here by yourself?

 

"N-No.. I took a cab." Joohyun replied. 

 

"Well then buy what you need. I'll be waiting for you." Seulgi responded with a smile.

 

"You won't leave... right?" Joohyun questioned with worry. 

 

"No I won't. I promise."  Seulgi reassured her.

 

"Okay." Joohyun went inside the mart and turned her head to  look at Seulgi. Seulgi gave her a smile and a gesture for her to go ahead.

 

Joohyun headed towards looking for the stuff she needed. 

 

Seulgi sighed lightly and put her hand on her chest. She closed her eyes trying to calm herself down. 

 

She couldn't believe that they ended up meeting again after all these years.

 

Not long after, Seulgi saw Joohyun coming out of the mart with the items she bought. Joohyun saw Seulgi sitting on a long bench looking at her phone. Seulgi looked back and saw Joohyun heading towards her. 

 

Seulgi put her phone in her pocket and heading towards Joohyun. 

 

"Have you bought all the necessities?" Seulgi asked as she pushed her full trolley of her own groceries.

 

Joohyun nodded, "Yeah, I didn't buy a lot of stuff." 

 

Seulgi took the bags from Joohyun's hand and put it in her trolley.

 

"Come on, I'll send you home." Seulgi turned and headed towards her car without waiting for an answer from Joohyun. 

 

Joohyun just followed her behind until they reached Seulgi's car. Seulgi opened the back of her car and put her stuff inside. After finishing, she took Joohyun's stuff and put it on the back seat. She pushed her empty trolley aside. Without realizing it, she held Joohyun's hand and opened the car door for Joohyun.

 

After they both got into the car Seulgi asked Joohyun, "Same address?" while buckled up her seat belt, and received a nod in return.

 

 

... 

 

 

 

The ride was fairly silent until Irene broke it, "When did you back here?" 

 

"Umm yesterday..." Joohyun nodded. 

 

Seulgi tried to broke the silence again, "So..um, how's your parents? Are they doing okay?"

 

Joohyun sighed as she thought about her parents. "My mom got really sick a few years back. She... didn't make it." Joohyun trying to fight back tears from spilling over. 

 

Seulgi just stared at her with sympathy, "I'm sorry, Joohyun." Joohyun nodded. 

 

It was quiet for awhile until Joohyun spoke up, "My dad... I don't know his whereabouts right now. His business didn't go that well after my mom's death and he left without saying anything to me or my sister." Joohyun said as she looked down.

 

Seulgi couldn't help but feel bad. She left her bestfriend when she needed someone the most and she wasn't there for her when she needed help most.

 

Joohyun continue," Things got complicated so I dropped out from college and took a job to pay for food, bills and my sister's school."

 

Seulgi could hear the sadness in her voice.  Joohyun had never sounded sad or depressed before, she would never have guessed that she was going through so much stuff. It hurt her heart  to see her friend like this.

 

The ride went quiet again. Until they arrived at Joohyun's house and Seulgi parked. The two remained on their seats silently as they both contemplated what should be done next. 

 

Joohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter