Chapter 1

Her Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was a little cooler than usual for mid February, the air crisp and crisp. Its been a long time and she's finally home. She gets inside her parents house and take a look at her surroundings.

It's still the same. Her parents died in accident not long after she was enlisted. She was devastated and ended up taking her military life seriously. Her uncle has always helped her by taking care of her parents house.

She looked at the television. It's quite old. It reminded her of her own high school years, when she'd spent all her days in front of the TV with her bestfriend, listening to some new indie song.

Yup her bestfriend. Even after years has passed, she still remember her bestfriend. Her first love. She wondered if she still her bestfriend? She don't have an answer to that question. She never contacted her bestfriend after she enlisted. A lot had happened in her life. Some good things, though; she could definitely say that. 

Seulgi went to the kitchen, "Hmm I need to buy some new stuff. I don't think everything works the same."

She went to the upstairs and saw her parents room. She slowly opened the door and the light. Everything looked the same. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to hold herself together. She promised herself that she won't cry anymore. She closed the door back and went to her room. Her room are a lot smaller than her parents room.

She was living in dormitory back then. She only back home during her semester breaks or any special occasions. After a long thought, she decided to move into her parents room. She needs to move on and continue her life.

She puts her luggage on her bed and noticed a frame on her old desk. She took it. Her heart is beating fast. It was her and her bestfriend. She put her hand on her chest and chuckled, "Some thing remained the same." 

 

Flashback

 

Her parents knew about her enlistment. They always did. They would say they weren't upset or disappointed, but they were. She knew them well enough to know that. Her mom didn't even pretend not to cry. The first time she went away, she felt awful leaving them behind. But it was for her own good. Now, however, she knows there's nothing left to be said.

She took one last look at her parents' house before turning around and walking down the driveway. When she gets outside, she spots someone not far from their car. Her heart skips a beat. It was Joohyun. Her bestfriend and also someone she have been in love with. The only reason why she decided to be enlisted. She was scared. She don't want her friend find out about her feelings so she kept it by herself.

But not long after that, she found out that Joohyun was dating someone, her heart broke into a million pieces. She try to acted like she was happy for her but the pain was too much. After that, Joohyun barely spent time with her. She spent her time more with her boyfriend. That's how she decided to be enlisted.

Joohyun looked at her "Why you didn't tell me?" her eyes was teary

Seulgi looked down, "H-How did you find out?"

"Wendy told me. I'm your bestfriend Seulgi, why did I know about this from other people?" Joohyun try her best to hold her tears but she failed.

Seulgi chuckled and looked at her friend, "Am I really your bestfriend Joohyun? When did the last time we spent our time together huh?  You're always busy with someone else."

Joohyun looked at her sadly,  "Seulgi..." her voice was breaking, her tears flowing faster now. Seulgi take a step forward and hold Joohyun's shoulders.

She sighed, "I'm sorry for not telling you but what I did is for my own good.I don't want to be in pain again"


Joohyun was confused, "Seulgi I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'll make up to you. I-I can't lose you. Please don't go.."
Seulgi smile softly and kiss Joohyun on her forehead,

Joohyun frozed by her friend action. "It's not you, it's me. I'm hurting myself....... from loving you."

Joohyun was shocked by Seulgi's confession, she never thought that Seulgi had these kind of feelings for her.

"Seulgi, I-I..." Joohyun couldn't find a  proper words to express the way she feels right now.


"It's okay. You don't need to say anything. I should go. Goodbye Joohyun. I hope you're happy with whoever you choose." Seulgi smiled sadly and walked to her parents car.

Once she's inside, her parents looked at J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter