Chapter 5

Her Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi awoke to sunlight pouring through the windows. She shifted slightly, groaning slightly.

She opened her eyes and saw an empty  space next to her on the bed. Joohyun wasn't there.

 

Seulgi glanced at the clock. 10 AM. She yawned as she got up from the bed and stretched her limbs.  She walked over to the bathroom, washed her face and brushed her teeth before heading downstairs.

 

She heard some rustling noise coming from the kitchen as she made her way to  the living room. A familiar scent filled her nostrils when she entered the living room.

 

A smile formed on her lips as she saw Joohyun stirring something in the pan. Joohyun seemed to have noticed her entering because she looked up from where she was cooking and smiled brightly.

 

"Good morning, sleepyhead."  

 

Joohyun teased lightly.

 

Seulgi chuckled softly. Making her way to Joohyun, she pecked her cheek gently and gave her a soft smile. 

 

"Morning, Hyunie." 

 

Seulgi said.

 

Her eyes landed on the food she could smell emanating from the pan. watered slightly. She knew that what it smelled like must be the food she had been craving for the past few days now. 

 

She went to the stool and sat down on it quietly watching as Joohyun cooked. She found her blazer  resting on the back of the chair so she reached over to take it and found a piece of paper  sticking out  of one of the inside pockets. It was her brother's phone number her uncle gave  her the day before. 

 

She was staring at number for a moment until  Joohyun spoke.

 

"What is that?" 

 

Joohyun asked curiously. 

 

Seulgi turned to look at Joohyun who had now finished  making their breakfast. The older woman set their plates on the table and joined her on the stool.

 

"My brother's phone number."  

 

Seulgi said simply. 

 

She slipped the piece of paper into her pocket  before looking at her plate of food.

 

"Mmm....I've been craving this so badly."  

 

Seulgi moaned happily as she picked up the spoon and took a bite from her kimchi fried rice made by Joohyun. 

 

Joohyun giggled. Her hand came to rest against the counter as she watched Seulgi eat her breakfast. 

 

"I forgot how great you are with cooking, Hyunnie."

 

 Seulgi praised. 

 

She took another bite out of her meal which earned her a small smile from Joohyun. They finished eating in comfortable silence as they cleaned up the dishes.

 

 

 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

 

 

Not long after that, they heard a loud knock on the door with a voice belonging to none other than Sooyoung.

 

"Joohyun unnie, let me in!!"   

 

She exclaimed loudly through the door before pounding louder than before.

 

"Yah, you're breaking my door!"  

 

Joohyun yelled.

 

She got up off her chair and went to open the door. As soon as she did Sooyoung barged inside the house practically throwing herself onto the couch. 

 

"Unnie! We're going out tonight!" 

 

She declared loudly. She still haven't noticed Seulgi's presence yet. 

 

"Seulgi unnie? You're here!" Sooyoung finally noticed her presence standing next to Joohyun. She looked at Seulgi and then back to Joohyun. 

 

"Wait...You guys a thing now?!"

 

Sooyoung asked excitedly.

 

They never made it official. The farthest thing they did was kiss on the cheek and cuddle. either of them talked about anything more serious between the two of them so Sooyoung's statement caught them both by surprise.

 

"Umm... You could say that?"  

 

Seulgi muttered.

 

"I knew it! I always knew that you two would be together sooner or later."

 

Sooyoung stated proudly. Joohyun's cheeks immediately flushed red.

 

"Since you're here too, we should all go out! I'll call Seungwan unnie too!" 

 

Sooyoung said happily and jumped off the couch.

 

Before Joohyun could answer her, Sooyoung  already dialled her friend's number on her phone.

  

"I'm just going to ask Yeri to stay a little longer at her friend's house.." 

 

Joohyun sighed and shook her head. This was gonna be another fun evening.

 

 

 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The four girls arrived at the local bar together since they need one of them sober to drive them. Seungwan volunteered. 

 

The place didn't feel crowded at all and neither did the music sounded heavy. There were people around dancing but not too much. Overall, it felt like a really relaxing atmosphere.

 

The group decided to get drinks first  and chat for awhile since they hadn't seen each other in a while. After ordering and drinking for a bit, the conversation began to shift from Seungwan and Sooyoung, to Joohyun and Seulgi. They weren't talking about anything big but they were having a good time nonetheless.

 

It wasn't long until someone started to approach them. Joohyun frowned a little upon recognizing the figure approaching them. Seulgi followed her gaze and saw who the person was. This time, he wasn't alone. 

 

"Hey ladies. Mind if I join you?"

 

He greeted.

 

Joohyun scoffed. She glared at him.

 

He was standing in front of her with his hands on his hips. He wore a casual out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter