chapter 8

You are not mine to keep

Kimiko didn’t even seem to struggle when Kai threw her over his shoulder. If there was anything that she had learned from her younger years it was to never straggle against Kai. Last time she did, she ended up with a cold for about a week and a broken cell phone. Don’t take it the wrong way, they just so happened to be arguing near a lake and that was about it. To what exactly the fought about, she couldn’t really remember but she knew that she didn’t want to go through that again. When Kai finally put her down, she finally noticed that Ruki was calling out to them both.

She sat on the couch and shifted a little when Ruki hopped on the couch to sit right next to her and then nudged her arm, “So, Kimiko, where are you going to sleep?” he asks her eagerly, “you’re going to sleep in my room right?” he questions again.

“Hmn, I guess so,” she tells him softly and Ruki leaps onto her and then drags her to his room, avoiding any and all the questions thrown at him by his fellow members.

He opens his door and pushes her in haste, almost as if making sure the other members won’t be looking into his room. Was he hiding something? Who knows, but he sure acted that way. He looked out the door in both directions before closing the door.

“Well, this is my room,” he jumps on a bed to the far right of the room and hugs a random stuffed animal. Looking around the room Kimiko found it kind of weird. Ruki had two different beds and the room seemed to be darker than it should be even with the lights on. On bed was filled with stuffed animals, it was also the bed Ruki was currently laying on, and then the other had very extravagant pillows. Ruki pointed at the be across from his, “you can sleep on that one,” he tells her and when she give him a confused look he gets up and goes to his dresser, “Nao often comes over so I got a bed for him to sleep in when he came over.”

“Oh . . . but won’t he be mad if I sleep on his bed?” she asks as she walks and sits on the bed anyways. Ruki on the other hand was busy taking out his laptop and logging onto his twitter account. (we all know how much he loves to tell people what he is doing =_=”)

“Nah, he hasn’t come over in like about a month, apparently he’s been too busy with the new single for his band.” He tells her as he looks for his wireless mouse. “So what time are you going to go and pick up your stuff tomorrow?”

“Probably right after work.” She tells him then gets up off the bed once again and goes to Ruki’s book shelf.

“You’re still going to work for her?” clearly he questions her decision and isn’t afraid to point it out.

“Hmn . . . well my contract was with the company not her so I still have to do my job; I’m a stylist after all.” She takes a closer look at the books and when she comes across a book she actually knew she took it out, “No way, you have this? It hasn’t even been realist yet and it’s the limited edition version too. How did you get it?” she points at the clearly never been touched book that is Kurosuji.

“Hmn? Oh yeah, it was like a thank you gift for doing the second opening for the amine nothing big.” Ruki shrugs it off as if it isn’t that big of a deal but to Kimiko it was. She loved the series and it was also the only thing she actually kept track of other that Yuki. When Ruki realizes what Kimiko did, he goes to her and takes the book away. “Hey, don’t change the subject,” he says and places the book back on his shelf.

“I wasn’t,” Kimiko huffs and goes to sit on the bed once again.

“Yea right,” he lays on his bed once again, “Anyways, tell me, what is Kai-chan to you? The way I see it, you two seem to have a greater attachment to each other.”

“I-I . . .”

“Kimiko, I have brought you a change of clothes,” Uruha bursts in the room, a stupidly large grin on his face. But not even a second after he has entered the room a pillow collides with his face.

“Oi Baka! Don’t you know how to knock?!” Ruki screams and begins to throw everything in his reach, which Uruha avoids.

“Sorry Ruki-chan,” Uruha states sarcastically and hands the clothes to Kimiko. “I’ll be back later, I have to help Kai with dinner,” and with that Uruha leaves them just as fast as he came.

“Urgh, I’m going to go change,” Ruki groans in frustration. His mood changes so quickly, he pushes Kimiko into the bathroom in his room, “change in there.” Kimiko doesn’t say anything but does what she is told.

-----  

Kimiko’s pov,

-Sigh- this shirt is too big. As I looked into the mirror the clothes seemed to engulf my whole body. The pants were baggy as well but what could I do, they lent me the clothes after all. I wonder if I really did make the right choice in staying here. If Yuki find out- wait, it doesn’t matter what she thinks now. I no longer have to sever her family and I can do as I please now.

I walked out of the bathroom to a find a shirtless Ruki. I felt my face burn with embarrassment and when Ruki turned to face me, his face did too. He quickly grabbed a shirt and pulled it over his head. I figured it was normal till I saw Ruki constantly grabbing his side.

"Ruki? Did you hurt yourself or something?" As soon as I started to walk towards him, he started to freak out and back away. "Ruki . . ."

"I-I fell . . ." He is clearly lying, a bruise in that area can't be gained by just falling; it is more like someone punched him. When I finally corner him he holds his side once again and looks down.

“Ruki you can’t get such a bruise by just falling, someone punched you didn’t they?” I ask once again but he didn’t answer and when I go to pull up his shirt to see his wound he screamed.

End pov

----

While Kai complained about the fact that Kimiko had agreed to room with Ruki; Reita groaned in frustration. Normally Ruki would be attached to him every second of the day and would often sleep in his bed when Nao didn’t come over, he really didn’t like when Nao came. As Reita claimed it, Nao just stole his best friend. I was clearly something else but Reita had too much pride as a man to ever admit anything.  And well now that Kimiko was here, he feared that Ruki would spend less time with him.

“I can’t believe Ruki was so- so cunning.” Kai let out in frustration as he angrily stirs the soup he is currently preparing. Uruha comes in as nudges Kai to move as he goes to the rice cooker to see if the rice is done.

“Quit complaining and finish cooking.” Uruha slaps Kai upside the head, “by the way, they were talking about you.”  

“What?” Kai asks in shock and was about to ask about what until they all hear Ruki scream. Of course Reita is the first to run for the room and the others run after him.

Reita slams the door open only to find Ruki on the floor with tears in his eyes and Kimiko on top of him. A sudden urge of angry surges through Reita and on impulse he shove or more like throws the girl across the room causing her to slam into the Ruki's desk. “What the hell were you doing to him?!” Reita shouts as holds Ruki in his arms.

“Reita!” Kai runs to Kimiko, “are you okay?” her arm is bleeding and Kai starts to panic and holds her arm but she just pulls her arm away and whispers a small ‘I’m fine.’ “Oi, Reita, are you insane?! Why did you do that?” Kai doesn’t scream but more like says it with a very stern voice.

“What did you expect me to do? She was hurting him!” he shouts as he pulls Ruki closer to himself, but Ruki pushes him away and tries to get out of his grasp.

“No, she wasn’t,” Ruki says almost inaudible, he goes to Kimiko and asks her if the cut was deep.

“What do you mean she wasn’t hurting you? You clearly screamed in pain.” Reita was clearly mad and he hated the fact that anyone would hurt his Ruki. Yes he really did think of Ruki as his own.

“I said she wasn’t didn’t I?” Ruki himself was starting to get aggravated with Reita’s overprotectiveness. This always happened even when Nao came over and Ruki was sick of it. He loved Reita, but Reita was too blind to ever notice and it was clear to Ruki that Reita was straight.

“Don’t you dare lie to me, Takanori,” Reita shouted as he went to Ruki and made him sand up to look at him.

“I said she didn’t,” he growls dangerously low and Reita goes to tell him to quit lying once again Ruki loses it an slaps Reita across the face, “I said she didn’t, now stay out of my business.” Reita is about to say something when Ruki stops him once again. “Just stop, leave me alone already!” by this time Uruha and Aoi decide it’s time to separate the two but Reita beats them to it.

He lets go of Ruki, “if that’s what you want then fine, have it your way,” and with that Reita walks out of the room and a slam is hear from the outside door.

----------

Alright my fellow rockers here is your update!

don't kill me i know i'm really late but hey i try i hope you like it ps if you want to see anything included in this story just tell me i am here to please you readers and dont be shy, one cant improve without feed back

Gifs!!!!!