Chapter 1

You are not mine to keep
Life was the best around him we were very close friends. The way we met was not what you consider the best impression. 

         At the time my parents were working under a noble family, and as their daughter I was set to be the assistant of the noble daughter.

          Her name was Yuki and since I was a servant I had to address her by Yuki-hime. She wasn't the brights nor was she the nicest person in the world. I never wanted to be like her! She had manners but she was rude, if you weren't up to her level, you weren't worth her respect. She had everything, never having to even lift a finger. She had looks, money, status, and most of all she had him . . .

        He was kind and gentle. Always had a very warm smile and always tried to help. His name was Uke Yutaka, or Yuk-kun as he told me to call him.

        She didn't deserve him, he was to good for her. Yet the were engaged. I was right by her side when the agreed.

        I met him before I knew who he was. I was 11 and so was he. We became friends because he was the only one that in class that was willing to talk to me since I was said to be Yuki's grad dog. I was happy being his friend, and being with him that I had not even realizes that I liked him. I guess it was a puppy love but that was fine.

         When he asked where I lived I gladly told him and he was a little thrown off. I told him I was just a maid there and then a week later they were engaged. Turns out that Yutaka and Yuki had been friends since childhood, and I was never allowed to go near them when he came over and I never noticed.

         I was fine with them having to get married and all, as long as I could still talk to Yuk-kun but that really did not happen. When Yuki found out that we were friends she banned me from speaking to him. And I did as I was told.

        In class I no longer looked for him. He would come up to me but I ran away. He once confronted me about it and I simply replied 'I can not speak with you anymore, Yutaka-San I'm sorry' I bowed and walked away . . . I mean what else was I suppos to tell him? I'm sorry but your fiancé doesn't want me talking to you. Well no that's not what you do!

         It was like that till we entered high school. In the middle of the year he left and I never heard from him.

          Right after high school Yuki decided she would become an artist for some strange reason and I never did find out the reason. She moved to Tokyo and as always I was sent to follow her and assist her in every thing.