i couldn't give a reason

ikaw, ako, dahil hindi na tayo.

a brief look before how it all ended

 

 

 

‘Labas ka, dito na ako’ Seulgi texted Joohyun

 

 

 

Joohyun went out of her place and caught sight of Seulgi who’s standing outside, She hugged her kaagad noong makalapit siya dito.

 

 

 

“Asa talyer pa sasakyan ko eh, commute nalang muna tayo?”

 

 

 

Papunta sila sa birthday party ni Jongin this night sa condo nito sa Taft, it was 9:15 pm, they almost missed the last trip ng MRT.

 

 

 

Maluwag sa loob and there's not much passengers, Seulgi was thankful kasi hindi siya sanay makipagsiksikan and she doesn’t like bustling crowds. It wasn’t a rush hour na din kaya siguro wala na masyadong tao.

 

 

 

Around 10pm nakarating sila sa condo ni Jongin, Seulgi expected a lot of people dahil super friendly ni Jongin pero yung group of friends nila ni Joohyun lang andun.

 

 

 

“Schoolmate! long time no see” Jennie welcomed them inside

 

 

 

“Bakit ka andito? Kala ko ba busy ka?” Salubong ni Joohyun sa bestfriend niya

 

 

 

“Mapilit si Jongin susunugin daw niya script ko kapag di ako magpunta ng birthday niya” Natawa sila Seulgi, Seulgi is close kay Jongin naman since madalas kasama ito ni Joohyun kapag nagpupunta siya ng katipunan

 

 

 

“Nako Jens baka mafall ka ulit diyan ha” Asar ni Joohyun

 

 

 

“Tanga hindi, i like girls now and Jongin right here likes boys now” Jongin was clueless noong inakbayan siya ni Jennie while saying that

 

 

 

“Ha?” Jongin said, Jennie just shrugged it off with a laugh.

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday Bro” Seulgi greeted him at inabot yung paperbag na dala ni Joohyun

 

 

 

“Thank you, Seul” Seulgi smiled at him in return

 

 

 

“Happy Birthday panget, love you” Joohyun greeted and hugged him

 

 

 

“Thanks mama” Natatawang sagot ni Jongin sakanya

 

 

 

Seulgi and Joohyun walked their way sa couch kung nasaan umiinom yung ibang friends nila

 

 

 

“Ano yung kanina? Jennie and Jongin dated?” Seulgi asked Joohyun

 

 

 

“Ay hindi ko ba nakwento sayo?” Umiling si Seulgi

 

 

 

“They dated nung high school kami for about 3 months and the nagbreak sila kasi mas bagay daw sila maging friends, eh ang totoo ayaw lang nila aminin na they both swing the other way”

 

 

 

Seulgi nodded, “Jongin realized it kaagad, while etong si Jennie ay after na natin makagraduate ng college”

 

 

 

“Ah, i remember that one, nakafling niya yung kapatid ni Chanyeol diba?”

 

 

 

“Yup, pero good friends na din naman sila ngayon” 

 

 

 

“Wag ka maingay pero iniyakan ni Jennie yun ng malala noon” Joohyun continued and Seulgi laughed 

 

 

 

“Hoy kayong magjowa sinong pinagchichismisan niyo diyan?” Binato sila ni Joy ng unan that made them move away from each other

 

 

 

The rest of the night is just them drinking and talking about their life lately, they stayed the night nalang kay Jongin, hindi na din sila makakapagdrive kasi halos lahat sila lasing.

 

 

 

Joohyun woke up around 3am without Seulgi beside her, as far as she can remember ay magkatabi sila ni Seulgi when everyone went to sleep a few hours ago. She took her phone under her pillow and sent Seulgi a message.

 

 

 

Seulgi felt her phone buzzing on her pocket, Lumabas muna siya ng 7/11, she sat on one of the benches outside the store, pinatong niya sa table yung tatlong can of beers na binili niya sa loob. 

 

 

 

She opened her phone found out that it was a message from Joohyun ‘Wala ka nung gumising ako, where did you go?’

 

 

 

‘I’m sorry i can’t go back home with you’ She texted Joohyun, not even answering the question

 

 

 

Joohyun replied ‘why’ 

 

 

 

And it’s been almost an hour but Seulgi still can’t think of a reason to say, she knows exactly why she left but she wasn’t going to tell that kay Joohyun.

 

 

 

How would she say na she can't see them in that way, She can’t hurt Joohyun because all she did was love and accept Seulgi.

 

 

 

But Seulgi knows she can’t give back the same energy Joohyun puts into their relationship.

 

 

 

Hindi siya nakatulog kanina because she was thinking about what Joohyun said about spending the rest of her life with Seulgi and that her dream destination for their wedding is in Austria, Seulgi's dream destination.

 

 

 

Seulgi was scared suddenly, she found herself running away from Jongin’s place.

 

 

 

She’s scared that she’ll hurt Joohyun.

 



 

A few days later

 

 

 

“Seul BGC kami, sama ka?” Jaehyun asked Seulgi who’s busy fixing her things

 

 

 

“Sino kasama?” Jaehyun pointed at 3 people sa labas ng flight school where they attend “Si Migoy, Eunwoo at Jungkook, g ka ba?” Mingyu waved at her happily from outside, and she smiled at them in return.

 

 

 

Jaehyun, Mingyu, Eunwoo and Jungkook are Seulgi’s friends from college, pati si Chanyeol, but Chanyeol took up engineering before which is a different path from them na magpipiloto and he’s busy so they rarely talk this days.

 

 

 

“Di, uwi ako kay Joohyun” 

 

 

 

“Okay na kayo?” Seulgi avoided his gaze but she nodded

 

 

 

“Siguro?” 

 

 

 

“Pinagawayan niyo nanaman ba yung nakarating sakanya na sinabi mo one time na naginuman tayo? Yung you think marriage is not necessary when you know it's Joohyun's dream?” 

 

 

 

"Oo, she asked me nicely na why do i think that way, i couldn't give a reason Jae and then she asked me kung temporary commitment ko lang ba siya kasi parang wala daw ako plans with her, i was taken aback so i stayed silent tapos she walked out after that" Seulgi replied, Jaehyun was quiet for a minute

 

 

 

"There has to be a reason Seulgi, I know there is a reason pero natatakot ka lang na aminin sa sarili mo, kailangan niyo ng proper na paguusap Seulgi, don't avoid the topic"

 

 

 

"Is she really just a temporary commitment to you? Do you see her in your future plans?"

 

 

 

“I don’t know Jae, It's so confusing, palagi naming pinagaawayan, it feels like she doesn't understand me” It was true na super confusing ng lahat for Seulgi, a day after she thought of the things like that she opened up nadin sa apat niyang bestfriend, Chanyeol couldn’t come with them kasi nga busy yon, Seulgi was sure the moment she said those words ay sasabihan agad siya ni Chanyeol na makipaghiwalay kay Joohyun. He's classmates with Joohyun nung highschool and they were really close kaya protective ito sakanya

 

 

 

“Seulgi mahal mo pa ba siya?”

 

 

 

Seulgi remained silent, Jaehyun knows the quote "silence means yes" couldn’t be applied to the current situation. He let out a deep sigh again.

 

 

 

“You want to take a step forward but you still take a lot more steps backward”

 

 

 

“Pero that’s not my relationship so you're still the one who gets to decide” He continued

 

 

 

Seulgi couldn’t get a word out of , she has too much in her head.

 

 

 

“Message one of us once you get home, ingat ka” Jaehyun pats her shoulder before walking away

 

 

 

When Seulgi arrived at Joohyun’s place, it was dark and quiet inside.

 

 

 

She found no signs of Joohyun anywhere, she dropped her bag on the couch, hindi niya mapaliwanag but somehow she feels like she’s tired but it also feels like she’s home.

 

 

 

She’s confused, she’s now so much more confused. 

 

 

 

Things bottled up when Seulgi saw something she shouldn’t see on Joohyun’s bedside table.

 

 

 

 

 

present

 

 

 

“Congrats on the latest movie, Jennie, Lisa, Joohyun and all the cast members, The movie “After Tomorrow” is now the highest grossing filipino film of all time” Nagpalakpakan naman ang mga tao na nasa loob ng room, Joohyun, Jennie, Lisa and some of the cast and production staffs are called into a meeting by the ceo of their entertainment since today was the day of the last showing of the movie.

 

 

 

“And as a reward, I will be sponsoring your vacation in Iloilo, so get your things ready kasi you guys will go in two days” Naghiyawan naman yung mga staff at ibang cast members.

 

 

 

"Gaano kami katagal pwede magstay dun boss?" Jaebeom, one of the cast members asked

 

 

 

"4 days and 3 nights" 

 

 

 

“And also, i made a list na ipapadala ko kay Solar, it’s a list of activities na gagawin niyo on that vacation, so basically magkakaroon din kayo ng team building to form a better bond, don't worry kasi you guys will have a day and a half naman to do whatever you want before kayo bumalik ng manila" He explained

 

 

 

"You guys will form 3 teams pagdating na doon, and the team who gets the most score sa games will receive a 100000 worth gift card" naghiyawan nanaman ang mga staffs at cast members

 

 

 

"Bago ko makalimutan i wanna introduce you to someone" Their boss then opened the door and gestured someone to come in "This is Seulgi, my inaanak, she'll be your pilot and also she's gonna join the team building" Everyone then greeted Seulgi with a genuine smile on their faces except for Joohyun who's busy praying na sana nananaginip lang siya.

 

 

 

Seulgi sat beside Lisa who's very much happy with the sudden news, Jennie on Lisa's left has mixed feelings because of course she is Joohyun's bestfriend, she knows it's gonna be awkward for her.

 

 

 

Seulgi then looked at Joohyun who's sitting in front of her. "Okay lang ba?"

 

 

 

Joohyun stared back at her "Ang alin?"

 

 

 

"Na kasama ako sa team building niyo"

 

 

 

"Bakit naman hindi" 

 

 

 

Joohyun tried to hide her nervousness when Seulgi talked to her, Kunwari hindi affected.

 

 

 

A lot can happen in that 4 days and 3 nights.

 

 

 

Joohyun just hopes she won't comeback in manila with a broken heart for the second time

 

 

 

seulgi is confusing right? i hope you guys will understand why once i post the chapter that includes why they broke up.