dito ka nalang

ikaw, ako, dahil hindi na tayo.

3 days before the premiere night

 

 

 

“So final na? You’re going talaga?” Tumango si Seulgi, 

 

 

 

“I’ve been avoiding her for so long” Umiling si Byul at tinawanan siya.

 

 

 

“Buti alam mo” Her friend placed down the sizzling plate in front of her, nasa condo sila ni Byul ngayon sa 18th floor, having a chillnuman after Seulgi arrived from her long trip.

 

 

 

"Uuwi ba si Sol ngayon?" Tumawa si Byul

 

 

 

"I won't invite you if uuwi siya sakin ngayon" 

 

 

 

"My girlfriend would totally freak out if she finds you here, you haven't showed up in person for 8 years, all i do was message you sa socmed mo tapos ang bagal mo pa magreply" Seulgi chugs down a bottle of beer

 

 

 

"Got busy eh, and i barely open my socmeds so hindi ko talaga nababasa, i told you to magtext ka nalang diba"

 

 

 

"Sayang load" Seulgi shakes her head, Ang yaman ni Byul pero kuripot padin talaga.

 

 

 

She grabbed the spoon beside the sizzling plate and agad niyang tinikman yung sisig na ginawa ni Byul, she hasn't eaten one since she started getting busy with flights.

 

 

 

She felt the familiar taste on , she feels like crying, sobrang namiss niya yung sisig.

 

 

 

 "How was it?" Seulgi was so busy eating that she just gave a thumbs up to her friend.

 

 

 

"Kanin gusto mo?" Seulgi nodded, Byul noticed her focusing sa pulutan than the beer, she figured na Seulgi didn't eat dinner yet.

 

 

 

Byul watched her friend eat like she hasn't eaten for a week, Seulgi must've missed eating foods she loves.

 

 

 

"Aren't you gonna ask about her?" Byul asked her kasi kanina niya pa napapansin na Seulgi didn't ask her kung kamusta ba ang dating girlfriend nito.

 

 

 

"No? I know she's doing well naman, Jennie told me when we met 2 weeks ago" 

 

 

 

"You met with Jennie?"

 

 

 

"Coincidence lang, She's was on her way sa US for a fashion event, sakto i was the pilot in charge"

 

 

 

Seulgi is based on US, She's a popular pilot, not that much sa socmeds or netizens but to the aspiring female pilots and pilots in general, she's their star, their inspiration.

 

 

 

"Well….that's surprising, hindi galit si Jen sayo?"

 

 

 

"Galit malamang, If you just saw her face noong nakasalubong ko siya sa bathroom ng airport, her eyebrows were furrowed" Byul laughed lalo na when Seulgi imitated the way Jennie looked at her

 

 

 

"She calmed down naman, and ayun we had a small talk saglit and i happen to ask her about Joohyun, and ayun she said Joohyun is doing well"

 

 

 

"So are you here to apologize and fix whatever happened before?" Byul asked her, Seulgi paused for a minute

 

 

 

"To apologize? Yes. To fix what happened before? I don't know, maybe?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 years before

 

 

 

“I can’t see you here Jen” Naiinis na turan ni Joohyun sa kausap sa Telepono, She came all the way from Katipunan to España para lang kunin yung Susi ng dorm niya na naiwan niya kay Jennie noong magkasama sila kahapon, nagmamadali din siya dahil kailangan niya pang humabol sa dinner nila ng mom niya.

 

 

 

Her mom hates people who are tardy, so she can’t be late, she doesn’t want to see the upset look from her mother again. 

 

 

 

“Sandali Joo, may kausap lang ako” Napairap si Joohyun

 

 

 

“Alam mo pag yan isa nanaman sa mga manliligaw mo bibigwasan na kita” She didn’t get an answer from her friend, binabaan siya neto ng tawag, lalo nanamang umusok ang ilong ni Joohyun.

 

 

 

It was her first time in UST so she doesn’t know where the hell she is, basta she’s sure na Jennie said to meet her sa park sa loob ng school.

 

 

 

“You’re in Lover’s Lane” . She might have said that out loud.

 

 

 

“Oh…..Thanks” The girl smiled at her, Joohyun was speechless, she’s pretty.

 

 

 

“Thank you, you too” Tumawa ito, Joohyun said it out loud again.

 

 

 

“I’m Seulgi, Are you new here sa UST? I can give you a tour if you want”

 

 

 

“I’d love to, kaso nagmamadali din kasi ako and I’m waiting for my friend, Sorry” Seulgi nodded, Joohyun’s eye lit up noong nakita niya hindi sa kalayuan ang bestfriend niya.

 

 

 

But before she had the chance to walk away, nagsalita si Seulgi “Wait”

 

 

 

Lumingon siya dito “Your name?”

 

 

 

“Ah….I’m Joohyun” Ngumiti ulit ito.

 

 

 

“Nice, see you when i see you, Joohyun”

 

 

 

Joohyun slapped Jennie’s arm noong makalapit siya dito.

 

 

 

“Gaga ka, antagal mo” Jennie flinched, hinawakan nito yung part na hinampas ni Joohyun

 

 

 

“Aray, ang init ng ulo mo ha” 

 

 

 

Joohyun didn’t mind her and just bid her farewell para makaabot siya sa dinner nila ng mom niya

 

 

 

That was the first time she met Seulgi, sa Lovers Lane sa UST.

 

 

 

The second time they met was when Seulgi drove her sister to Ateneo

 

 

 


“Thanks for the ride Ate, i’ll see you later nalang sa bahay” Seulgi nodded, Pero bago makapasok si Yeji sa gate Seulgi rolled down the windows of her car

 

 

 

“Yeji baon mo” Seulgi handed her a lunch box “I made it for you earlier”

 

 

 

Her sister smiled, Kinuha niya ang iniabot ni Seulgi bago tuluyang pumasok sa gate, Seulgi didn’t want to go home yet, wala naman kasi siyang gagawin, so she went to the nearby starbucks coffee shop.

 

 

 

She ordered her usual drink bago umupo somewhere near the window, She was busy with her phone.

 

 

 

“One venti java chip for Joohyun” Seulgi’s eyes instantly left her phone, She didn’t care much when her drink was already ready for serving. She ran after Joohyun who had just left the coffee shop.

 

 

 

“Joohyun! Wait lang” Seulgi didn’t even know why she followed her, she just felt the urge to do so, and now that she’s in front of Joohyun she seems to forget what she wanted to say

 

 

 

“Seulgi from UST, right?”

 

 

 

“Yup”

 

 

 

“Anong ginagawa mo sa katipunan” Joohyun laughed and Seulgi smiled with the thought of how she looked pretty while laughing

 

 

 

“Ah ano, hinatid ko lang yung sister ko, she studies here kasi” Joohyun softly smiled at her

 

 

 

“Oh i see, sige i have to go na sa next class ko” Seulgi nodded at her without even remembering what she wanted to ask her.

 

 

 

And just like that, Joohyun fades away from her sight.

 

 

 

"Mahal mo pa ba?" Byul's sudden question caught Seulgi off guard, she looked away from the picture frame where Sol and Joohyun's college picture is placed, the photo was taken by Seulgi in Ateneo nearly a decade ago, brings back a lot of memories.

 

 

 

"Oo naman, hindi naman mawawala yun, she would always have a special place in my heart" She answers Byul honestly, but she wasn't nervous, she said it in a calm way. It was a genuine answer, Byul thought.

 

 

 

"But not in the way as it was before" Seulgi continued

 

 

 

Byul could only nod "I figured"

 

 

 

Hi got busy from school sorry, the next chapter is a brief look before how it all ended, it's also gonna be a short one lang hehe but more frequent updates if ever kapag maiksi, leave your thoughts below!!