Stage Three

After Like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Stage Three[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Jealousy[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Baekhyun kept moving his pen on the paper as he stared at his best friend who was busy listening to the professor. Something about her was bothering him and he couldn't tell what. He only knew that Seokjin was taking his place in Dahyun's life and to be honest, he didn't like it. Like... Baekhyun had dated girls before, but still Dahyun wasn't left alone, or... was she?

"Mr. Byun?" Mrs. Lee called as she walked towards him. "What was I saying?"

"Ah..." He looked at Kyungsoo with pleading eyes. The younger whispered something, but it wasn't clear. 

"Byun Baekhyun!" The professor shouted, making him turn to her. "Weren't you listening?"

"I w-was," He stammered. Feeling nervous like a teenager whose teacher was scolding him. 

"Then why can't you answer? It wasn't anything complicated," She turned to the board. "Leave my class, now."

"Huh?" His eyes widened. 

"When you are not listening, then leave. You can enjoy your time out of this class," She walked back to her place. "Leave, Byun."

"I was just distracted for a second. You can't treat me like that!" He said.

"I will treat anyone any way I like to! Now. Leave! You are wasting your classmates' time!"

"Fine!" Baekhyun took his papers and grabbed his bag. He left the classroom immediately. 

Mrs. Lee smiled vicariously, looking at him. She never liked him and after hearing that he was chosen to play in a drama, standing him in her class became harder. "Great!" She breathed deeply and turned to the students, only to see Dahyun packing her things up. 

The girl stood up. "You threw out my best friend with no good reason, I'm not staying in this class anymore."

"Sit down, Choi Dahyun! How dare you?"

"I don't want to sit down and look at you treating students unfairly!" She picked her bag and walked to the door of class.

"I won't stand this either!" Kyungsoo stood up and followed his friend. 

"I don't want to stay here!" Another student stood up.

"Me either!"

"I don't want to, either..."

"I'm coming with you, Dahyun."

"Wait for me!"

"I'm with you!"

All of the students stood up and walked to the exit. "Let's get out guys!" Dahyun opened the door and walked out as others followed her. 

"Where are you going?!" Mrs. Lee shouted. "Don't you complain when you failed this course!"

The girl rolled her eyes and ran after her best friend. "Baekhyun!" She called. "Bacon-ah!"

He turned to her with wide open eyes. "Dada?" 

She smiled. "Yes?" 

"Why did you all..." He was speachless, like how in earth they simply walked out of the class and... because of him?

"Yeah... you know," Kyungsoo chuckled. "We can't take it when one of our class' celebrities is being treated like that..."

"Don't talk like that!" He pouted. "You are way better than me."

They all laughed. "Well... thank you guys, you might all fail this course because of me."

Jiah shook her head. "Come on, Baekhyun! She won't be able to fail us all, right?"

"Right!" Everyone agreed. 

"Let's go out and eat something!" Dahyun said.

Seokjin and Dahyun walked side by side in a mall. "Kyungsoo has invited you too, right?"

"For the anniversary?" He asked. "Yes, he has. And I was thinking of-"

"Matching clothes," She smiled at him.

The boy looked at her. "Exactly," He took her hand in his. "Let's match our clothes..." He chuckled. "It's really funny that we finish-"

"Each other's sentences?" They laughed. "Yes, that's kinda like... soulmates?" 

"Do you believe in soulmates?" He asked, walking out of the mall.

"At some points," She replied. "Like... people who share the same emotions with you and understand you are hard to find."

He smiled and took her other hand before stopping. "I think I found mine," He confessed. "Really Dahyun..."

She fought back her tears. "Are you for real?"

Seokjin nodded and stepped closer, leaning his head down. 

 


"Stop here," Baekhyun told the other. "Dahyun told me we will meet here, right in front of the mall. She must be here," He looked out of the window.

Kyungsoo looked around. "Are you sure? She isn't here though... wait!"

"Huh?" He looked at him.

"Isn't that Dahyunie?" He pointed at a couple who were kissing. "With Seokjin..."

He laughed. "Of course not-" Baekhyun froze when he saw the girl's face. "Dahyun...?"

Kyungsoo looked at him. "Are you ok?"

He nodded, still staring at them. "I am..."

"It doesn't seem like that though," Kyungsoo pointed out before turning to Dahyun. He waved at her when she saw them. 

She said goodbye to her boyfriend and ran to them. "Hello! Hello!" She got into the car. "What's up?"

"You have better news..." Kyungsoo teased.

"Kyungsoo!" She hit his shoulder, making him laugh. "Uh... so we are going to order the cake?"

He nodded. "We are," He started the engine. "And we have some other things to do."

She moved to the middle and shook Baekhyun's shoulder. "Hey, hey... what's up?"

"Nothing..." He whispered. "I went to meet Lee Eungbok and... I read the script. It was such a nice drama."

"What is the whole plot about?"

"A school romance. Love triangle."

"So... which character are you?" She asked excitedly. "The one who gets the girl, or the one who loves her secretly and gives up on her for his friend?"

"The second one..."

"Really?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Aigoo... that is really sad! So I'll end up crying while watching your first drama!" She pouted. "But Kyungsoo oppa's role is cute... he is a art school student who meets his favorite artist and starts working with her!"

"Yeah... my role won't make you cry," Kyungsoo nodded. "Though making people cry is an art, you know? Baekhyun will shine perfectly."

Baekhyun smiled thinly and looked out of the window, trying to busy his mind so he wouldn't end up thinking about what he had just seen. 

They walked around the confectionery as Kyungsoo was busy talking to the owner. "So... how is your relationship with Seokjin going?"

"Great," She said shortly. "He is such a wise boy... thoughtful and kind," She smiled as she talked about her boyfriend. "He treats me so nice!"

Baekhyun nodded and put his hands in his pockets. "So, you are literally... falling for him."

She looked up at him. "You sound sad about it though..."

He looked at her with wide open eyes. "Why should I be sad about it? You are my best friend! Your happiness is my happiness! When you are happy, I am happy too. Believe me," He said. "Besides, I was the one who encouraged Seokjin to confess his love for you!"

She tilted her head. "Really?"

"Yes! Really!" He pouted.

Dahyun grinned. "But let me tell you something," She cupped his face and pressed his cheeks, making him unable to talk. "You will be my best friend forever! I won't leave you alone and won't forget you. I will always be by your side. So whenever you needed me, just call me. Ok?"

He moved her hands away. "Promise?"

She linked her pinkie with his. "Promise."

"Guys!" Kyungsoo called and they turned to him. "Come here..."

His friends walked closer and looked at the pictures in his hands. "What is it, Do?"

"Which one?"

"Um..." She looked at the pictures carefully. "Seungwan loves the color orange, so this one is good."

"What are you saying?" Baekhyun pushed her away. "That is her favorite color, but this is their anniversary's cake!" He looked at the pictures. "This one. White, symbol of purity... your pure love."

"Wow..." Kyungsoo smiled. "I love it, man!"

"Your welcome," He walked away. 

"What's wrong with him?" Dahyun asked, looking at him who busied himself with birthday decorations. "Do you know anything?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "He doesn't tell me either. I... I thought you know."

She shrugged. "No, I don't."

Seungwan pouted as they walked on the sidewalk. "Why is he like this? I can't believe it!"

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It's already five P.M! Though Kyungsoo hasn't called me to go on a date or at least congrat on our anniversary!"

"He is busy," Byulyi said. "As an actor's future wife, you got to understand him."

"How do you know that he is busy?" The girl wondered. "Are you two having something behind my back? Is he cheating on me with you?!"

"Wow! Wow! Wow!" Dahyun stood between them, because Seungwan was nearly hitting the other. "Where did all of that come from?"

"Dahyun is right," Byulyi crossed her arms. "Cause there is no way he'd be my type!"

"What's wrong with my Kyungsoo?!" Chaeyoung grabbed the elder's waist to control her better. "Huh? Huh? What is wrong with him, you b*tch?!"

"He is short! I don't like short guys!" Byulyi replied.

"How dare you call my boyfriend short! Are you the Eiffel tower or the great wall of China?! You are just like one of Snow White's dwarfs!"

"Yah... unnie, quiet! We are in the street!" Chaeyoung whispered. 

"At least I am taller than you, you... you... you poisonous mushroom!" The other girl shouted.

"How dare you?" She grabbed her hair. "How dare you call me- ah!" She screamed when the other pulled her hair. "Let me go!"

"You let go of my hair first!" 

"Stop it!" Chaeyoung tried to control the shorter girl. "Please, Seungwan unnie!"

"STOP!" Dahyun separated them, smiling at the people who were gazing at them.

"Crazy b*tch!" Byulyi shouted at the other nasty walked away, fixing her bangs.

"Yah, yah... Byul! Moon Byulyi!" Dahyun ran after her and grabbed her arm. "What are you doing? We have a party tonight!"

She turned to her. "What is this ing party? I am her friend and Kyungsoo is her boyfriend of two years! But she doesn't trust me, nor that poor boy! Does this relationship work for them for real?!"

"Shhh!" She pleaded. "Please, stop it!" She pulled her towards the other girl. "Just stop this silly argument."

Seungwan was standing there with crossed arms as Chaeyoung whispered things in her ear. 

"Apologize... both of you..." Dahyun said cutely. "Apologize, hurry..."

Byulyi rolled her eyes. "Sorry..."

Seungwan sighed. "Sorry..."

"Now hug, hug each other! Hug! Hug! Hug!" Chaeyoung pushed the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter