Chapter 5: Lunch and Thank You

G to K
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

* Italic for flashback

 

 

***

 

 

5 months ago

 

"I think there's something wrong with us."

 

Jeno glanced at Karina who was in front of him, they were in their favorite cafe.

 

"What do you mean, babe?"

 

"We are no longer like we used to be, Jeno. Something has changed in you, something has changed in our relationship."

 

Jeno played with his phone again, trying to ignore his girlfriend. He knew something had changed in the last few months. He wasn't so stupid as to not notice. Their relationship wasn't as warm and close as it used to be. He doesn't know what and who's wrong between them.

 

"It's just your feelings, nothing has changed between us."

 

Karina shook her head slowly, disagreeing with what Jeno said. It was not just a feeling, she's sure that Jeno also knew it.

 

In these few months, he had become cold towards her, when she needed him, the latter always had a reason to avoid her.

 

At first, Karina thought that her boyfriend was busy, so she tried to understand him. But there was a time when Karina wanted to meet him and Jeno said he was busy studying for his test.

 

Karina instead saw him at the club with his friends and a girl she didn't know was sitting on Jeno's lap, looking very close to her boyfriend.

 

Don't get her wrong, Karina doesn't like going to clubs. That night she, Yeji, and Chaewon just picked up Heejin and Lia who were very drunk.

 

That's where Jeno was caught lying to her. Jeno already apologized to her, telling her that the reason he lied was because he was afraid that Karina would get mad if he got drunk.

 

Of course Karina forgave the latter. But since then, Karina started to doubt whatever Jeno said. Their relationship was strained at that time.

 

"I'm tired! I'm tired of fighting with you, arguing over useless things!" Jeno grabbed his hair, frustrated by the situation.

 

"Do you think you're the only one who's tired? You think I'm not tired of seeing you feel more and more like a stranger to me?"

 

Jeno looked here and there, making sure no one saw them. It was almost midnight, everyone must be in their rooms, most of them must be asleep. So Jeno wasn't afraid to make a loud sound, after all they are both far from the dorm.

 

"Listen Karina, I don't want to have a problem with you. I'm already tired of my life, and I think you are too, right? It's better if we don't continue this, I want to go back to my room."

 

"If you think something's wrong, yes, we are. Our relationship. You and me, Karina."

 

With that, Jeno left Karina alone there. He didn't care if the girl cried a lot that night.

 

After that they didn't speak to each other for days.

 

"You must come with me, Karina." Heejin said with a tense face.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

Heejin takes Karina to the club where she caught Jeno for the first time. Heejin pulled Karina's arm, walked in a hurry, until they reached the end of the room and stopped right in front of a dimly lit private room. Heejin told Karina to open the door.

 

And the first thing Karina saw was Jeno who was already half , laying on top of a girl she didn't know and sharing a hot kiss with her.

 

That night, Karina slapped Jeno so hard for the first time. That night she really had a broken heart for the first time. And that night, she broke up with Jeno.

 

 

***

 

 

"This is scary."

 

Giselle approached Haechan and Jihoon and gave them soda bottles. The three of them were in their c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter