Chapter 4: Past and Present

G to K
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So how was your school? Everything's okay?" Mrs. Uchinaga asked her one and only daughter.

 

Giselle nodded slowly while still feeding a spoonful of rice into .

 

"Hm.. not bad, mom."

 

"Everytime we ask, why do you always answer us like that? You don't want to answer us, do you?" asked Giselle's father.

 

Giselle sighed, always like this every time she came home. There's always a little thing that her father argues about.

 

"It's not like that, dad. I just--"

 

"Next year you graduate from that school, what's your next plan?" her father cut her off.

 

Giselle was not in the mood to continue eating, she put down her spoon and drank water to clear . Everytime her father asked like that, there was only one answer. But Giselle didn't dare to say it loud. She knew, her father would reject her plan.

 

She wants to be a painter actually.

 

But her father won't allow her.

 

So she replied, "Of course I will take medical school in Australia as you want, I've even been looking for some info about the best medical schools in universities there."

 

Giselle's father smiled, satisfied with his daughter's answer. While her mother sighed in silent, feeling bad for her daughter.

 

"Darling, few days ago Hendery called us and he asked how you were."

 

Giselle's face changed when she heard that name from her mother's mouth. Hendery is Giselle's ex, her family and Hendery's family have a pretty close relationship, especially their fathers are business partners.

 

It had been a long time since they had spoken to each other, especially the relationship between the two of them didn't end well.

 

Then why did the guy suddenly call her mother and ask how she was?

 

"What did mom say?"

 

"Of course I said you were fine since the last time you and him met, and he said he missed you alot."

 

Giselle's father laughed softly then drank his water, "He's such a nice guy, why did you guys break up at the first place? You didn't even tell us the reason until now."

 

Nice guy my , if only you knew that guy is such an who sleeps with his friend, dad.

 

"Our relationship didn't work again, dad. Better stay as friends."

 

"Oh dear, he also said that Ningning might transfer to your school, but he didn't say when she would transfer."

 

This time Giselle really stiffened her body.

 

Ningning?

 

That Zhou Ningning?

 

 

***

 

 

"May I sit here?"

 

Karina who was reading her book raised her head. She stared blankly at the guy who's standing in front of her now.

 

Jeno.

 

"There's no prohibition that you can't sit here."

 

"You alone?"

 

Jeno asked after sitting next to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter