Until We Meet Again

Until We Meet Again

Crossing of Paths

 

A really high-pitched siren surrounded the dorm and made everyone jolt awake. Time really flew so fast as they had been a trainee for eight months. They have been complete and slimmed down into five and they will debut as that. Yoo Youngjae himself, of course. The scary guy and the one that hates pleasantries, Bang Yongguk, the leader. The narcissist and really talkative visual, Kim Himchan. The groups’s dance genius, Moon JongUp and that all swaggered out tower maknae, Choi Junhong.

 

“Wake up or I’ll pour water on you, Youngjae.” That hoarse and deep voice ticked off Youngjae’s ears. He clicked his tongue and shut his eyes even more. Before he could cover his face with his blanket, he felt the splash of cold water on his face.

 

“What the —“ he winced as he got up and wiped his now wet puffy face. “—hyung!”

 

As always, he was just greeted with Yongguk’s grin. He sighed then got up from his bed and fixed his crumpled bed sheet before heading out. “Yongguk-ah, I’m done making the bfreakfast~” Himchan’s girly voice came out again as he happily hopped to the leader’s side, wiping ketchup on the poor older guy’s cheek.

 

“Kim Himchan, you’re really gross.” Yongguk stated in disgust as his face turned really sour. “Wipe it!” For months, Yongguk’s relationship with this second older guy wasn’t really that good – or sometimes they wonder if it could just be their way of showing affection with each other, who knows? Youngjae just shrugged and tried to hold his laugh as he saw Yongguk’s “killer” expression.

 

Himchan jokingly pouted, wet his thumb from his mouth then wiped it to Yongguk’s cheek where he put the ketchup. “That’s our charismatic leader.” He finished it up then went out storming from the room. Clenching his teeth, Yongguk ran after Himchan, switched on the siren and shouted, “EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!”

 

Youngjae’s thunderous laugh echoed throughout his room as he was alone at last. He had been used to their fighting and he finds it really cute. The hyungs were seriously talkative – complete opposite from their really talkative maknaes. Not that he was complaining. It was still cute.

 

He threw a glance at the picture frame on his bedside table and smiled while loking at the photo. Almost. He murmured then headed out from the small room.

 


 

“We will be appearing in your music video?” Himchan’s question for the tenth time was heard throughout the practice room, and for the tenth time, Yongguk just nodded in a response with obviously annoyed expression. All other trainees were just sitting on the floor, observing the two. “Seriously, we will be appea—“ Himchan asked again and this time Yongguk shut him up with a dagger look. Himchan just smiled sheepishly and made a peace sign.

 

“You heard me right. All three of you will appear in Zelo and I’s music video titled Never Give Up. You will just be normal students, anyway. So, prepare for it later.”

 

They all just nodded in response except for the really unhappy Himchan that was murmuring something with his lips pushed forward, almost making him look like a carp. “I’m the visual but I would just be a normal student behind the light for these two.” He said as he looked at Junhong. Steam was practically out of his nostrils and the maknae just shrugged and followed Yongguk who went outside.

 


 

The doorbell started to ring and Zelo started his acting; Yongguk was seriously watching him from behind the cameras and smiled like a father when the young one did better than he expected. Youngjae shrugged as he wasn’t needed at the moment. He tried looking for other members but then failed. Jongup was busy practicing his dance skills and of course there’s Himchan, acting like a stalker to Yongguk – sniffing him like a creeper, for real.

 

Grin was plastered on Youngjae’s lips as soon as he saw Himhan tugging along Yongguk like a shadow. It was always amusing how he annoys the leader and only he can do that. Youngjae felt his stomach growling so he decided to make his way away from the filming crew and maybe eat his heart out happily.

 

Before heading out to the vending machine for a cold cola, he passed by in a room with its door slightly ajar. He playfully took a peek inside and it was such an idiotic mistake he made in his life, or maybe at the moment, for he was just exaggerating. He gulped for air as he felt his chest tightening along with the words he heard.

 

“I think five for a group won’t make much of a fuss,” That recognizable voice of their CEO was heard. Why was he in the filming site in the first place? Youngjae wondered and continued listening as his curiosity kicked in.

 

“Then what’s your decision?”

 

“I’ll be adding one more member. A good one in singing is favorable.”

 

.

..

….

 

Youngjae has breathed so much air that he felt his hunger was gone. Absentmindedly, he slowly walked on the way to the vending machine and he realized he had not winked a single one since then.

 

We’re going to have another lead vocalist. With me. He thought and picked up his drink that he chose from the machine. “ Why is this coffee?!”

 


 

The members sat on their most proper behavior as they can as the ticking of the clock was suddenly deafening their dorm. All five members were informed about the changes and they all have agreed to it. But Yongguk insisted that it must really be worthy to be added and a really talented one or else he won’t agree no matter what the company says.

 

That’s the power of Bang Yongguk.

 

Excitement was written all over Himchan’s face and no matter what this guy cannot really stay and have a poker face. The two maknaes, surely didn’t give a damn. That’s how they work – always on the flow.

 

However, Youngjae cannot express what he truly felt deep inside. Somehow, there was that fear that the guy who would come might be his rival. Not really but for sure they would both feel rivalry between them two, right? Whatever. They will work it out since they are group mates and it will surely be for the better of their group.

 

They waited for another minute and they all knew that they were nervous. They never knew having another member for your group is nerve-wrecking. A sudden loud knock interrupted their icy atmosphere and they could only sigh of relief. The long wait was finally over

 

The door opened and the all threw a glance at the persons coming in. their manager smiled at them widely, almost saying he was bringing a good news. Everyone stayed quite, still locking their stares at the door and waited for the new member to come in.

 

A guy with black hair came in, with black-rimmed glasses, and was wearing a plain white V-neck shirt and rugged pants with a pair of god white sports shoes. He adjusted his black cap and bowed down to them. The members did the same too and it was an obvious way that the member was satisfying enough for them.

 

“Don’t tell me he’s gonna be the visual,” He heard Himchan whispering to Yongguk and Yongguk just grinned.

 

Everyone around him was noisy and Youngjae could only be stoned, still staring at the newcomer. “Everyone, this is—“ Their manager started saying as he helped the new one pull his baggage.

 

“Jung Daehyun.” The guy introduced his self as he cut off the manager then smiled a bit. He seemed like the awkward and snob type but Youngjae didn’t give a damn. He was busy staring at the guy and was desperately trying his mind to work at its best.

 

I think I’ve gone deaf, he thought. He still couldn’t believe that their new member is the Jung Daehyun he knew way back nine years ago. The Jung Daehyun that had a horrible voice; and the Jung Daehyun that he made a promise with.

 

The Jung Daehyun he knew is now standing regally in front of him, with furrowed eyebrows and a grim look.

***

 

A/N: Finally updated! You guys know I don't have laptop anymore, right? ;___; I'll try my best to update next week! o/ BTW, thank you to those who subscribed and those who left comment. m(__ __)m