Until We Meet Again

Until We Meet Again

Sharing Our Dreams

--

 

The school was covered with silence and dark clouds as he started running along the corridor. Youngjae needed to stop and catch his breath for a moment. He had been searching the whole school to find the person he wanted to see but it was to no avail. The first session of class started but his desk mate, Daehyun, wasn't present.

 

He sighed and held unto his knees. "Where could this kid be?" He asked his self. And again, he looked around, including canteen, playground, and the back of their school building. Yet there was no Daehyun found. He gave up for a moment and decided to go to his favorite spot of the school.

 

Making whistles and dragging his feet on the ground, he finally came to the rooftop, mainly on the corner. His eyes widened as he saw the person he was looking for sleeping peacefully there. He rushed on his side and slapped his cheeks lightly. "Damn you, I was looking for you throughout the school!" He stated as Daehyun slowly opened his eyes and just smiled brightly.

 

"Sorry. I skipped the first half of the class because I was too sleepy." Daehyun shyly responded and slowly sat up. "Why were you looking for me?" He decided to ask.

 

Youngjae laughed out loud and smacked his shoulders. "I missed you!" He then realized it was an awkward moment so he continued --,"It was too boring to listen to that old woman having her lame lectures. It could have been better if you were there so we could just talk." He pouted and looked at the sky. "Seems like it will rain any time by now."

 

Daehyun looked up too and adjusted his thick eyeglasses. "I think so too."

 

"Too bad. I have not taken a nap yet." Youngjae huffed as he some kind of a sad puppy. "And you even found my favorite place."

 

The older guy just grinned playfully. "Sorry~ I just randomly found this. So, will you sleep first?"

 

He shrugged and looked at the sky. "I will just sing. You will see, this dark clouds would be gone and be replaced with the sun." He stated with so much pride. "I can sing. My voice has magic."

 

Daehyun looked amused and he smiled. "Go and sing. Let's see."

 

The younger guy stood up and put on his serious face. He heaved a deep breath and started singing.

 

Ajuo rae jeon, neoreul bo at deon

Geu neu kkimeul gieo khae nan

Neo reul arat deon, nareul arat deon

Geu shi jeo risaeng gakna

 

Neo reul dalm go shipdeon, eo ulli goship deon

Ganjeol haet deon shiga neul nan dashi, saenggakhae

dajinagan, hannat chu eokppu ningeol

 

And Can you smile? Nigawon ajana, nigabarajana

nae mam maneu roneun, neol ja beul suga eobt neungabwa

And Can you smile? naegagarajanha, nan gwaenchanh da janha

majimak neo ege, nan igeot bakken mot junabwa

 

He started swaying and looked at the sky as the dark clouds were slowly gone. He then continued singing with his best on it.

 

And Can you smile? Neol jabgo ship jiman, but jabgo shipjiman

Naegyeo te isseo seo, neon useumeulileo gajana

And Can you smile? Naega gara jana, nan gwaenchan da jana

Naegyeo teul tteo naya, neon haengbok hal su isseu nikka

 

He ended it with a smile and Daehyun just clapped as hard as he can, looking so amazed. "Wow! You have such nice voice!" He commented as his face was telling that he got excited with it. "And the sun even appeared too!"

 

"Of course, I am Yoo Youngjae." Youngjae responded and smiled as he sat down beside the older guy. "You know what, it is my greatest dream to be an idol!"

 

Daehyun laughed so hard after hearing that. "Idol? It doesn't fit you! They require good looks." He playfully commented as he waved his hands with disagreement.

 

After hearing it, he pouted and pointed Daehyun with his finger. "Just so you wait, Jung Daehyun, I will someday become an idol. You will come praising me and will become my biggest fan!"

 

"Then, become your stalker? Being a president for your fan club sounds good too. Promising job." Daehyun mocked as he laughed.

 

"Ya! Why are you looking down on me?! I have a good voice." He shouted as he closed his eyes. "Can you even sing?"

 

Daehyun was caught off guard and back down. "I can't." He then smiled sheepishly. "That's why I'm teasing you. I'm envious of your voice."

 

Youngjae laid down on the floor and closed his eyes. "Shut up. I'm not listening anymore. I'll go to sleep." Then smiled secretly.

 

The kid beside him just smiled brightly and started looking at the bright sky. "How I wish I can sing like you." He noticed the younger kid was already asleep so he decided to give a try and sing. He opened his mouth and started.

 

golmkgireul dora deurogamyon

hoksirado geu ega natana


dasi tto nollekilji mollayo


I can fly & fly again

 

But he was so out of tune so he decided to stop and looked down. He was surprised to see Youngjae was looking at him intently. "What?" He asked as he blushed hard. He then put his poker face.

 

Youngjae's face was indescribable. Only thing visible was that he looked like he just drank a pitcher of vinegar. "Daehyun-ah, you really have horrible voice."

 

Daehyun then laughed and responded, "I told you."

 

Youngjae just smiled and started singing.

 

And Can you smile? Nigawon ajana, nigabarajana

 

Sing with me Daehyun-ah. I won't mind even if you have horrible voice. He nudged the other kid that looked down. Daehyun immediately smiled and sang with Youngjae, just pouring his heart out with the song and hitting wrong notes.

 

nae mam maneu roneun, neol ja beul suga eobt neungabwa

And Can you smile? naegagarajanha, nan gwaenchanh da janha

majimak neo ege, nan igeot bakken mot junabwa..

 

It ended and they both looked satisfied. "I will someday become an idol." Youngjae declared once again. Daehyun nodded and smiled brightly. "Yes. And I will be your biggest fan."

 

"That's a promise, okay?" Youngjae said as he extended his pinky finger to make the promise sign with Daehyun. He smiled brightly. It felt really good to be with him and to share their dreams together. "And someday, you will also love me." He continued.

 

Daehyun was caught off guard but suddenly smiled back as he regained his mind. "Yes. Promise."

 

Just like that, having their promises together, they looked like the happiest kids with the goal at the end of the line. They were  interrupted as Daehyun's flip top phone rang.

 

"Yes, Mom?" He answered. "What? But I still have classes." He replied to the caller with a frown on his little face. Okay. I got it." Then closed his phone.

 

Youngjae just looked at him with curious expression. "Sorry, Youngjae. I will have to absent this afternoon too because I have to go home. I don't know why but Mom told me it's important." Daehyun said as he put a sad face, not wanting to go home yet as he liked to spend his time with the younger one.

 

He just pouted and nodded. "Okay. be careful on going home~" He huffed as Daehyun stood up and started going.

 

Somehow, he had the feeling of being scared. But why?

 

***

A/N: Updating the first chapter as I'm bored in school. HAHAHA. /evil laugh/ How was it/ Aaaaah~ hopefully it was good for a first chapter. :'3 /nervous nervous/ BTW, Youngjae sang "Can U Smile" by INFINITE. Daehyun did the "White Confession" by INFINITE too. Hehe. That's what I was listening to while I was writing so.... /shot